1.4 is ready for production?

12

1.4 is ready for production?

Alessandro Vincelli-3
I know that 1.4 is RC, and RC means that is not ready for production ;-)
But I'm using the 1.4 since January in some small projects without
blocking problems?
The issue opened in Jira are not blocking for me.
Any suggestions? Is anybody already using 1.4 in production?
Thanks in advance,
Alessandro

--
Alessandro Vincelli
---

Re: 1.4 is ready for production?

Igor Vaynberg-2
it is. it is even already built and available here:

http://people.apache.org/~ivaynberg/wicket-1.4.0/

although we have not voted on it yet. waiting for some PR-related
stuff to come together.

-igor

On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 8:32 AM, Alessandro
Vincelli<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I know that 1.4 is RC, and RC means that is not ready for production ;-)
> But I'm using the 1.4 since January in some small projects without
> blocking problems?
> The issue opened in Jira are not blocking for me.
> Any suggestions? Is anybody already using 1.4 in production?
> Thanks in advance,
> Alessandro
>
> --
> Alessandro Vincelli
> ---
> http://www.alessandro.vincelli.name
> http://devel.alessandro.vincelli.name

Re: 1.4 is ready for production?

jeremy@wickettraining.com
Yes - there are many users who have been using it since 1.4-rc1 in
production.  1.4.0 final is built, waiting on a few things to get
finished before calling vote on it.

--
Jeremy Thomerson
http://www.wickettraining.com

On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 10:32 AM, Alessandro
Vincelli<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I know that 1.4 is RC, and RC means that is not ready for production ;-)
> But I'm using the 1.4 since January in some small projects without
> blocking problems?
> The issue opened in Jira are not blocking for me.
> Any suggestions? Is anybody already using 1.4 in production?
> Thanks in advance,
> Alessandro
>
> --
> Alessandro Vincelli
> ---
> http://www.alessandro.vincelli.name
> http://devel.alessandro.vincelli.name

Re: 1.4 is ready for production?

Alessandro Vincelli-3
Nice!
+1 ;-)
Thank you,
Alessandro

2009/7/20 Jeremy Thomerson <[hidden email]>:

> Yes - there are many users who have been using it since 1.4-rc1 in
> production.  1.4.0 final is built, waiting on a few things to get
> finished before calling vote on it.
>
> --
> Jeremy Thomerson
> http://www.wickettraining.com
>

> On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 10:32 AM, Alessandro
> Vincelli<[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I know that 1.4 is RC, and RC means that is not ready for production ;-)
>> But I'm using the 1.4 since January in some small projects without
>> blocking problems?
>> The issue opened in Jira are not blocking for me.
>> Any suggestions? Is anybody already using 1.4 in production?
>> Thanks in advance,
>> Alessandro
>>
>> --
>> Alessandro Vincelli
>> ---
>> http://www.alessandro.vincelli.name
>> http://devel.alessandro.vincelli.name

Alessandro Vincelli
---
http://www.alessandro.vincelli.name
http://devel.alessandro.vincelli.name

Re: 1.4 is ready for production?

Marcin Palka

My team develops a system that's based on the 1.4 and during the development we haven't experienced any serious issues with prior-final builds of 1.4. System is currently being tested. We started development with rc1 and moved forward to every new release candidate version. Except for minor modal window issue and lack of developer experience (first Wicket project within a company) we haven't suffered any wicket-specific issues at all.

cheers,
Marcin

Re: 1.4 is ready for production?

Martin Makundi
Skip rc5 and rc6 ;)

**
Martn

2009/7/20 Marcin Palka <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>
> My team develops a system that's based on the 1.4 and during the development
> we haven't experienced any serious issues with prior-final builds of 1.4.
> System is currently being tested. We started development with rc1 and moved
> forward to every new release candidate version. Except for minor modal
> window issue and lack of developer experience (first Wicket project within a
> company) we haven't suffered any wicket-specific issues at all.
>
> cheers,
> Marcin

Re: 1.4 is ready for production?

Steamus
Yes. I use Wicket 1.4RC7 based site for production. It is easy multilingual club-site for selling horses and to provide information about club. Implementation looks easy from outside, but contains CMS possibilities for administrator: possibilities to add news article with picture (loaded to our database and provided as stream), possibilities to use Tiny-mce editor to prepare more complex article texts, possibilities to search, actual real time statistics. Also, It was used Spring framework for business logic. Not so mystical, but works fine. The implementation takes about couple of weeks. It is my second Wicket based site.

I provide URL below, but please don’t treat it as advertising from my side. It is just confirmation only - example of Wicket based site. Some links (pictures) go to several other old sites with horses (based on Spring MVC). It is the same about club horse selling. There are no sites with some external advertising, there are no any additional paid-up clicks depend advertising. If my URL looks commercial, please remove it. I didn’t have this purpose. Sorry, just an example in the world where all things look commercial.

http://www.sport-pferde-portal.de

Sincerely,
Uladzimir.

Re: 1.4 is ready for production?

Martin Makundi
> I provide URL below, but please don’t treat it as advertising from my side.
> It is just confirmation only - example of Wicket based site.
>
> http://www.sport-pferde-portal.de

Yeah.. it does crash!

Internal error

Return to home page

**
Martin

Re: 1.4 is ready for production?

Major Péter
Well, I'm getting Internal Error on the homepage, so it doesn't look
commercial at all. :)

Peter

Sorry, I would be glad to see crash (just for the test Purposes), but for this moment it is work yet.

Re: 1.4 is ready for production?

Martin Makundi
No. It crashes. Restart your browser and you will see.

**
Martin

2009/7/20 Steamus <[hidden email]>:

> Sorry, I would be glad to see crash (just for the test Purposes), but for
> this moment it is work yet.

Re: 1.4 is ready for production?

Carl-Eric Menzel-5
On Tue, 21 Jul 2009 00:00:04 +0300
Martin Makundi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> No. It crashes. Restart your browser and you will see.

Works for me.

Carl-Eric

Re: 1.4 is ready for production?

Igor Vaynberg-2
+1

-igor

On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 2:08 PM, Carl-Eric
Menzel<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Jul 2009 00:00:04 +0300
> Martin Makundi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> No. It crashes. Restart your browser and you will see.
>
> Works for me.
>
> Carl-Eric

Re: 1.4 is ready for production?

Martin Makundi
Crashes or me, Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; fi;
rv:1.9.0.11) Gecko/2009060215 Firefox/3.0.11

**
Martin

2009/7/21 Carl-Eric Menzel <[hidden email]>:

> On Tue, 21 Jul 2009 00:00:04 +0300
> Martin Makundi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> No. It crashes. Restart your browser and you will see.
>
> Works for me.
>
> Carl-Eric

Re: 1.4 is ready for production?

Steamus
I have 3 browsers to test.

IE6, Fox(3.0.11), Opera (9.63). All systems work fine. Sorry. I know, it is possible to kill any site. For last half an hour it was just about 27 unique visiters and about 30-40 clicks. It is not critical. I tested with more 10 000 clicks during 3-4 minutes. 100 man simultaneously.

Re: 1.4 is ready for production?

Major Péter
Crash for me too:
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64; hu-HU; rv:1.9.1) Gecko/20090630
Fedora/3.5-1.fc11 Firefox/3.5
Maybe something locale-related stuff isn't working. Log files could be
helpful to debug this.

Peter

> Crashes or me, Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; fi;
> rv:1.9.0.11) Gecko/2009060215 Firefox/3.0.11
>
> **
> Martin
>
> 2009/7/21 Carl-Eric Menzel<[hidden email]>:
>> On Tue, 21 Jul 2009 00:00:04 +0300
>> Martin Makundi<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>>
>>> No. It crashes. Restart your browser and you will see.
>> Works for me.
>>
>> Carl-Eric

Re: 1.4 is ready for production?

Steamus
M-m-m...

May be it is some redirect problems?

Try this:

http://www.sport-pferde-portal.net/shglobal/home

It is the same.

I just cheked the site by using http://browsershots.org/

Truly, I am puzzled, I got message - The server at www.sport-pferde-portal.de sent a HTTP redirect. Your web address has been updated. Please try again.

But for URL above (http://www.sport-pferde-portal.net/shglobal/home) I got snapshots for my site from a lot of browsers (3 minutes ago). I can't explain it for this moment.

aldaris wrote
Crash for me too:
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64; hu-HU; rv:1.9.1) Gecko/20090630
Fedora/3.5-1.fc11 Firefox/3.5
Maybe something locale-related stuff isn't working. Log files could be
helpful to debug this.

Peter

> Crashes or me, Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; fi;
> rv:1.9.0.11) Gecko/2009060215 Firefox/3.0.11
>
> **
> Martin
>
> 2009/7/21 Carl-Eric Menzel<cm.wicket@users.bitforce.com>:
>> On Tue, 21 Jul 2009 00:00:04 +0300
>> Martin Makundi<martin.makundi@koodaripalvelut.com>  wrote:
>>
>>> No. It crashes. Restart your browser and you will see.
>> Works for me.
>>
>> Carl-Eric

Re: 1.4 is ready for production?

jeremy@wickettraining.com
Works for me:
version `NSS_3.10' not found

--

On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 5:07 PM, Steamus<[hidden email]> wrote:

> M-m-m...
>
> May be it is some redirect problems?
>
> Try this:
>
> http://www.sport-pferde-portal.net/shglobal/home
>
> It is the same.
>
> I just cheked the site by using http://browsershots.org/
>
> Truly, I am puzzled, I got message - The server at
> www.sport-pferde-portal.de sent a HTTP redirect. Your web address has been
> updated. Please try again.
>
> But for URL above (http://www.sport-pferde-portal.net/shglobal/home) I got
> snapshots for my site from a lot of browsers (3 minutes ago). I can't
> explain it for this moment.
>

> aldaris wrote:
>>
>> Crash for me too:
>> Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64; hu-HU; rv:1.9.1) Gecko/20090630
>> Fedora/3.5-1.fc11 Firefox/3.5
>> Maybe something locale-related stuff isn't working. Log files could be
>> helpful to debug this.
>>
>> Peter

>>> Crashes or me, Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; fi;
>>> rv:1.9.0.11) Gecko/2009060215 Firefox/3.0.11
>>>
>>> **
>>> Martin

Re: 1.4 is ready for production?

jeremy@wickettraining.com
Oops - sorry - pasted the wrong thing.  It does work.  I meant to send
the URL - but it was just the original URL you sent.

--
Jeremy Thomerson
http://www.wickettraining.com

On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 7:51 PM, Jeremy
Thomerson<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Works for me:
> version `NSS_3.10' not found
>
> --
> Jeremy Thomerson
> http://www.wickettraining.com
>

> On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 5:07 PM, Steamus<[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> M-m-m...
>>
>> May be it is some redirect problems?
>>
>> Try this:
>>
>> http://www.sport-pferde-portal.net/shglobal/home
>>
>> It is the same.
>>
>> I just cheked the site by using http://browsershots.org/
>>
>> Truly, I am puzzled, I got message - The server at
>> www.sport-pferde-portal.de sent a HTTP redirect. Your web address has been
>> updated. Please try again.
>>
>> But for URL above (http://www.sport-pferde-portal.net/shglobal/home) I got
>> snapshots for my site from a lot of browsers (3 minutes ago). I can't
>> explain it for this moment.
>>

>> aldaris wrote:
>>>
>>> Crash for me too:
>>> Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64; hu-HU; rv:1.9.1) Gecko/20090630
>>> Fedora/3.5-1.fc11 Firefox/3.5
>>> Maybe something locale-related stuff isn't working. Log files could be
>>> helpful to debug this.
>>>
>>> Peter

Re: 1.4 is ready for production?

taha siddiqi
One of my projects has just gone into testing phase, I ported the
project from 1.35 to 1.4rc7 and I faced no problems.

Let us see how testing goes ...

Wassalam
Taha

On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 6:22 AM, Jeremy