404 error using Wicket 1.5.4 and Websphere 6.1

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

404 error using Wicket 1.5.4 and Websphere 6.1

rawe
Hi,

after updating from Wicket 1.4 to 1.5.4 I get a 404 error when doing a form submit.
I get this error when calling a SubmitLink or a normal page submit.
It's working in Tomcat 6, but not with Websphere 6.1

My Log output is empty - no error log !
The only message is (german):
"Error 404: Berichteter Fehler: 404"

I already contacted our IBM support but they say it's an application problem (Wicket problem)
They say that the root is a HTTP Statuscode 302 found

I have absolutly no idea what could be the problem!

The same  application was/is running without problems under Wicket 1.4.18 on Websphere 6.1 and Tomcat5 and also under Wicket 1.5.4 on Tomcat6. But not with Wicket 1.5.4 and Websphere 6.1

Do you have any hints?

Thanks in advance

Ralph
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 404 error using Wicket 1.5.4 and Websphere 6.1

Martin Grigorov-4
Hi,

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 12:03 PM, rawe <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> after updating from Wicket 1.4 to 1.5.4 I get a 404 error when doing a form
> submit.
> I get this error when calling a SubmitLink or a normal page submit.
> It's working in Tomcat 6, but not with Websphere 6.1
>
> My Log output is empty - no error log !
> The only message is (german):
> "Error 404: Berichteter Fehler: 404"
>
> I already contacted our IBM support but they say it's an application problem
> (Wicket problem)
> They say that the root is a HTTP Statuscode 302 found

For a paid support I think they have to give you more detailed
explanation what exactly they find as a problem in normal redirect.

>
> I have absolutly no idea what could be the problem!
>
> The same  application was/is running without problems under Wicket 1.4.18 on
> Websphere 6.1 and Tomcat5 and also under Wicket 1.5.4 on Tomcat6. But not
> with Wicket 1.5.4 and Websphere 6.1
>
> Do you have any hints?

Put a breakpoint in WicketServlet#doGet and #doPost methods and see
whether these methods are called at all and why Wicket decides that it
should not handle the request.

>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Ralph
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://apache-wicket.1842946.n4.nabble.com/404-error-using-Wicket-1-5-4-and-Websphere-6-1-tp4548356p4548356.html
> Sent from the Users forum mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>



--
Martin Grigorov
jWeekend
Training, Consulting, Development
http://jWeekend.com

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 404 error using Wicket 1.5.4 and Websphere 6.1

rawe
What I see in Firebug on tab network, when running the application under tomcat is:

POST page?9-3.IFormSubmitListener-frmOrderDetail 302 Moved Temporarily localhost:8080  0 127.0.0.1:8080

Normally I get a status of 200.
That's why Websphere can't find the page : 302 Moved Temporarily
       
 Ralph
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 404 error using Wicket 1.5.4 and Websphere 6.1

Martin Grigorov-4
Doing a redirect is a normal operation in the web. That's why there is
a HTTP status code for it, even several codes - 3xy.

Check http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post/Redirect/Get

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 1:53 PM, rawe <[hidden email]> wrote:

> What I see in Firebug on tab network, when running the application under
> tomcat is:
>
> /POST page?9-3.IFormSubmitListener-frmOrderDetail 302 Moved Temporarily
> localhost:8080  0 127.0.0.1:8080/
>
> Normally I get a status of 200.
> That's why Websphere can't find the page : 302 Moved Temporarily
>
>  Ralph
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://apache-wicket.1842946.n4.nabble.com/404-error-using-Wicket-1-5-4-and-Websphere-6-1-tp4548356p4548554.html
> Sent from the Users forum mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>



--
Martin Grigorov
jWeekend
Training, Consulting, Development
http://jWeekend.com

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 404 error using Wicket 1.5.4 and Websphere 6.1

rawe
Yes, also when a redirect is a normal operation it seems that
Websphere 6.1 cannot handle it.
see also the known problem with glassfish:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-2732
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 404 error using Wicket 1.5.4 and Websphere 6.1

Andrew Geery
Wicket 1.5 requires servlet 2.5 [
https://cwiki.apache.org/WICKET/migration-to-wicket-15.html#MigrationtoWicket1.5-%2528RC1%2529UpgradedtoServletAPI2.5
],
but WAS 6.1 only supports J2EE 1.4 (servlet 2.4) [
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBM_WebSphere_Application_Server#Version_6.1 ],
so I wouldn't expect Wicket 1.5 to work on WAS 6.1.

Andrew

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 7:50 AM, rawe <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yes, also when a redirect is a normal operation it seems that
> Websphere 6.1 cannot handle it.
> see also the known problem with glassfish:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-2732
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-2732
>
> --
> View this message in context:
> http://apache-wicket.1842946.n4.nabble.com/404-error-using-Wicket-1-5-4-and-Websphere-6-1-tp4548356p4548678.html
> Sent from the Users forum mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 404 error using Wicket 1.5.4 and Websphere 6.1

Martin Grigorov-4
On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 5:05 PM, Andrew Geery <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Wicket 1.5 requires servlet 2.5 [
> https://cwiki.apache.org/WICKET/migration-to-wicket-15.html#MigrationtoWicket1.5-%2528RC1%2529UpgradedtoServletAPI2.5
> ],
> but WAS 6.1 only supports J2EE 1.4 (servlet 2.4) [
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBM_WebSphere_Application_Server#Version_6.1 ],
> so I wouldn't expect Wicket 1.5 to work on WAS 6.1.

I may be wrong but I think Wicket doesn't use any feature from 2.5
that doesn't exist in 2.4.

>
> Andrew
>
> On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 7:50 AM, rawe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Yes, also when a redirect is a normal operation it seems that
>> Websphere 6.1 cannot handle it.
>> see also the known problem with glassfish:
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-2732
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-2732
>>
>> --
>> View this message in context:
>> http://apache-wicket.1842946.n4.nabble.com/404-error-using-Wicket-1-5-4-and-Websphere-6-1-tp4548356p4548678.html
>> Sent from the Users forum mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>>
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
>> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>>
>>



--
Martin Grigorov
jWeekend
Training, Consulting, Development
http://jWeekend.com

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 404 error using Wicket 1.5.4 and Websphere 6.1

rawe
In reply to this post by Andrew Geery
Yes, I think the problem could be the servlet-api version.
WAS 6.1 is running with servlet-api 2.4, so I won't install a wicket 1.5 application on it!
Thanks for your help!

Ralph
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 404 error using Wicket 1.5.4 and Websphere 6.1

rawe
Now I deployed my application on Websphere 8, using servlet-api 2.5.

It's only working when using filter configuration in web.xml and
setting the following custom properties (Web Container Settings --> Web container --> Custom properties)

- com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.mapFiltersToAsterisk=true
- com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.removetrailingservletpathslash=true
- com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.invokeFiltersCompatibility=true


Before I was running Wicket 1.4.18 with servlet configuration on WS 6.1 !