A new chair for Apache Wicket

All,

This is mostly Apache internal, but quite notable: after almost 11
years of serving as the chair for Apache Wicket, I decided to step
down and make room for a new member of our community to be the bridge
between our project and the Apache Board.

I am happy to announce that Andrea Del Bene is now our chair and wish
him well in providing timely and correct reports to the board, and
communicating back the Board's wishes.

In our discussions on how to proceed with our chair role, we also
decided to rotate the chair each year, to make it more palatable to
serve as chair (as your commitment only is for one year ahead). Of
course, if life happens, it is quite easy to change roles midterm, but
rotating the position seems like a good idea going forward.

Good luck Andrea!

Re: A new chair for Apache Wicket

Rob Audenaerde-2
Thanks Martijn, for fulfilling this role for all this time!

And all the best for Andrea, long live the new chair!

On Thu, Jan 17, 2019 at 11:13 AM Martijn Dashorst <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> All,
>
> This is mostly Apache internal, but quite notable: after almost 11
> years of serving as the chair for Apache Wicket, I decided to step
> down and make room for a new member of our community to be the bridge
> between our project and the Apache Board.
>
> I am happy to announce that Andrea Del Bene is now our chair and wish
> him well in providing timely and correct reports to the board, and
> communicating back the Board's wishes.
>
> In our discussions on how to proceed with our chair role, we also
> decided to rotate the chair each year, to make it more palatable to
> serve as chair (as your commitment only is for one year ahead). Of
> course, if life happens, it is quite easy to change roles midterm, but
> rotating the position seems like a good idea going forward.
>
> Good luck Andrea!
>
> Martijn

Re: A new chair for Apache Wicket

Andrea Del Bene-3
Thanks to all of you, especially for your support and confidence in me!

Andrea Del Bene.
Apache Wicket committer.

Re: A new chair for Apache Wicket

Sven Meier

Martijn, many thanks for your hard work as our chair.

And all the best to our new chair Andrea - I hope you will have fun with this new task.

Sven

> On 17.01.2019 at 11:04,  <Martijn Dashorst>  wrote:
>

>  All, This is mostly Apache internal, but quite notobAndeatable: after almost 11 years of serving as the chair for Apache Wicket, I decided to step down and make room for a new member of our community to be the bridge between our project and the Apache Board. I am happy to announce that Andrea Del Bene is now our chair and wish him well in providing timely and correct reports to the board, and communicating back the Board's wishes. In our discussions on how to proceed with our chair role, we also decided to rotate the chair each year, to make it more palatable to serve as chair (as your commitment only is for one year ahead). Of course, if life happens, it is quite easy to change roles midterm, but rotating the position seems like a good idea going forward. Good luck Andrea! Martijn

Re: A new chair for Apache Wicket

Maxim Solodovnik
Congrats on the new role Andrea :)
Martijn, I was learned on your wise decisions, it helps me while "chairing"
other Apache project :)

On Thu, 17 Jan 2019 at 18:23, sven <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Martijn, many thanks for your hard work as our chair.
>
> And all the best to our new chair Andrea - I hope you will have fun with
> this new task.
>

> Sven
>

> > On 17.01.2019 at 11:04,  <Martijn Dashorst>  wrote:
> >

> >  All, This is mostly Apache internal, but quite notobAndeatable: after
> almost 11 years of serving as the chair for Apache Wicket, I decided to
> step down and make room for a new member of our community to be the bridge
> between our project and the Apache Board. I am happy to announce that
> Andrea Del Bene is now our chair and wish him well in providing timely and
> correct reports to the board, and communicating back the Board's wishes. In
> our discussions on how to proceed with our chair role, we also decided to
> rotate the chair each year, to make it more palatable to serve as chair (as
> your commitment only is for one year ahead). Of course, if life happens, it
> is quite easy to change roles midterm, but rotating the position seems like
> a good idea going forward. Good luck Andrea! Martijn

WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: A new chair for Apache Wicket

Congratulations, Andrea!