Quantcast

A question to the wicket-dojo users

gve

A question to the wicket-dojo users

gve
hi,

we've a fairly big JEE application running on jboss 4 and struts 1 (not a joke). To display data structures we use a Dojo grid widget (TreeGrid) of version 1.6.
We're planning to move to a more modern Web framework and I would prefer Wicket. So there is at least 1 question: how good can I integrate Dojo into Wicket ? I've checked Wicketstuff but it seems to me it supports only an older version of Dojo and not all widgets are supported. At least not TreeGrid.
What are your experiences integrating Dojo (or for example jquery or ExtJS) into Wicket ? Are their any pitfalls to be aware of ? Would it be better to just delegate async calls from a Dojo widget (such as TreeGrid) to a separate servlet ?

TIA
Gernot

Re: A question to the wicket-dojo users

jcgarciam
I remember someone was creating an integration between dojo and wicket, which is not in Wicketstuff, if remember was this one (http://gitorious.org/wicket-dojo) i can't tell how far is the intregration but check that out.

On Sun, Aug 14, 2011 at 5:05 AM, gve [via Apache Wicket] <[hidden email]> wrote:
hi,

we've a fairly big JEE application running on jboss 4 and struts 1 (not a joke). To display data structures we use a Dojo grid widget (TreeGrid) of version 1.6.
We're planning to move to a more modern Web framework and I would prefer Wicket. So there is at least 1 question: how good can I integrate Dojo into Wicket ? I've checked Wicketstuff but it seems to me it supports only an older version of Dojo and not all widgets are supported. At least not TreeGrid.
What are your experiences integrating Dojo (or for example jquery or ExtJS) into Wicket ? Are their any pitfalls to be aware of ? Would it be better to just delegate async calls from a Dojo widget (such as TreeGrid) to a separate servlet ?

TIA
Gernot

http://apache-wicket.1842946.n4.nabble.com/A-question-to-the-wicket-dojo-users-tp3742547p3742547.html
To start a new topic under Apache Wicket, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Apache Wicket, click here.

--

JC