Ajax and partial rendering: one problem more

Ajax and partial rendering: one problem more

Ari Suutari
Hi,

After trying to implement more partial rendering stuff with ajax
I ran into another problem, which seems very much like previous
problems with ajax partial rendering of panel components.

Previously the problem was that components inside panel couldn't
be re-rendered with ajax. A very similar problem occurs if one
has a container span inside panel, like this:

html:

java:

public TestPanel extends Panel
{
    public TestPanel()
   {
         WebMarkupContainer container = new WebMarkupContainer("container");
         WebMarkupContainer c = new WebMarkupContainer("compoment-to-be-renderderd");

          container.add(c);
          add(container);

This results in similar mysterious errors related to markup stream or wrong output from ajax,
so it looks like the recent fix works only for simple cases.

I'm using cvs head version from 1.1.2006.

     Ari S.

Re: Ajax and partial rendering: one problem more

Ari Suutari
Hi,

My error. I didn't notice that ajax handler should call doRender instead of render.
After changing that things work ok.

    Ari S.