Auto-reloading markup during development

Auto-reloading markup during development

mscoon
Hi all,

Is it possible to set wicket to reload markup and other resources during
development so that one does not need to redeploy-restart the server in
order to see their changes?

I have figured out how to do the equivalent for changes in java code using
DCEVM but I can't seem to make it work for wicket's "content" files.

I'm working with eclipse and tomcat.

Thanks in advance,
Marios

Re: Auto-reloading markup during development

On Sun, Nov 23, 2014 at 11:46 AM, Thorsten Schöning <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Guten Tag mscoon,
> am Samstag, 22. November 2014 um 21:44 schrieben Sie:
>
> > Is it possible to set wicket to reload markup and other resources during
> > development so that one does not need to redeploy-restart the server in
> > order to see their changes?
>
> From my understanding this should work automatically, because
> properties files are added to a watcher and if you have enabled
> development mode templates are observed as well. What you need to make
> sure is that Eclipse had the time to republish the changed files and
> such. A short test with changes to a property and template file worked
> for me, though I often restarted the server in the past for various
> reasons as well.

Right!
In DEV mode Wicket tracks changes to markup files and i18n resources.

DCEVM (or JRebel, or even simply running the JVM in DEBUG mode) will allow
you to make changes in your *Java* code without restart.

> http://ci.apache.org/projects/wicket/apidocs/6.x/org/apache/wicket/settings/IResourceSettings.html#setResourcePollFrequency(org.apache.wicket.util.time.Duration)
>
> http://ci.apache.org/projects/wicket/apidocs/6.x/org/apache/wicket/settings/IResourceSettings.html#setResourceWatcher(org.apache.wicket.util.watch.IModificationWatcher)
>
> Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
>
> Thorsten Schöning
>
> --
> Thorsten Schöning       E-Mail: [hidden email]
> AM-SoFT IT-Systeme      http://www.AM-SoFT.de/
>
> Telefon...........05151-  9468- 55
> Fax...............05151-  9468- 88
> Mobil..............0178-8 9468- 04
>
> AM-SoFT GmbH IT-Systeme, Brandenburger Str. 7c, 31789 Hameln
> AG Hannover HRB 207 694 - Geschäftsführer: Andreas Muchow

Re: Auto-reloading markup during development

mscoon
You are both right, thank you for your answers. I'm not sure what I was
doing wrong, but I tried again and markup files are being reloaded.