Bigger sites running on wicket?

zoltan luspai
Dear All,

I'm quite fond of wicket so far, but to convince my boss further using
it: I would need some samples of bigger sites or portals running on
wicket. If you know such - something like 100s of concurrent users, or
big number of users- please send me links and information. If possible
some technical details would be nice too.

Thanks,
Zoltan

Re: Bigger sites running on wicket?

MZemeck
Some things I've seen on this forum...Wal-Mart's mobile site, lasvegas.com

Notice: This communication, including any attachments, is intended solely
for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. This
communication may contain information that is protected from disclosure
under State and/or Federal law. Please notify the sender immediately if
you have received this communication in error and delete this email from
your system. If you are not the intended recipient, you are requested not
to disclose, copy, distribute or take any action in reliance on the
contents of this information.

Re: Bigger sites running on wicket?

Rangel Preis
Take a look at Websites based on
Wicket<https://cwiki.apache.org/WICKET/websites-based-on-wicket.html>(
https://cwiki.apache.org/WICKET/websites-based-on-wicket.html).

The project I'm working on, http://ewmix.com/, has about 100 concurrent
users, but this would involves much more than just a framework.
Wicket does a great job in HTML simplicity and let us create much more
flexible pages, also supporting Ajax if you need. Wicket has many
ready-to-use components and a consistent hierarchy tree. If the component
you need is not available, it is easy to implement it.
For performance, the key is to use adequate models to leverage the server
cache memory.

Also, you have to create a good persistence layer. Much of the latency your
site could have can be reviewed by good SQL queries, correct indexes and so
on.

Take a look at wicket, check out our results at http://ewmix.com/.
Bookmarkable links, no servlet implementation, no XML configuration and
other goodies let us give wicket a try.
Wicket brought some fun to web development and we are sure, after the
project is launched, that it is the best choice.

If you need more help, please ask us. We'll be glad to help.

Rangel Preis.

2010/5/13 Zoltan Luspai <[hidden email]>

> Dear All,
>
> I'm quite fond of wicket so far, but to convince my boss further using it:
> I would need some samples of bigger sites or portals running on wicket. If
> you know such - something like 100s of concurrent users, or big number of
> users- please send me links and information. If possible some technical
> details would be nice too.
>
> Thanks,
> Zoltan

Re: Bigger sites running on wicket?

Martin Voigt
The biggest site I know of is http://www.springer.com. Which is quite big ;)

regards

On 13 May 2010 16:22, Rangel Preis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Take a look at Websites based on
> Wicket<https://cwiki.apache.org/WICKET/websites-based-on-wicket.html>(
> https://cwiki.apache.org/WICKET/websites-based-on-wicket.html).
>
> The project I'm working on, http://ewmix.com/, has about 100 concurrent
> users, but this would involves much more than just a framework.
> Wicket does a great job in HTML simplicity and let us create much more
> flexible pages, also supporting Ajax if you need. Wicket has many
> ready-to-use components and a consistent hierarchy tree. If the component
> you need is not available, it is easy to implement it.
> For performance, the key is to use adequate models to leverage the server
> cache memory.
>
> Also, you have to create a good persistence layer. Much of the latency your
> site could have can be reviewed by good SQL queries, correct indexes and so
> on.
>
> Take a look at wicket, check out our results at http://ewmix.com/.
> Bookmarkable links, no servlet implementation, no XML configuration and
> other goodies let us give wicket a try.
> Wicket brought some fun to web development and we are sure, after the
> project is launched, that it is the best choice.
>
> If you need more help, please ask us. We'll be glad to help.
>
> Rangel Preis.
>
> 2010/5/13 Zoltan Luspai <[hidden email]>
>
>> Dear All,
>>
>> I'm quite fond of wicket so far, but to convince my boss further using it:
>> I would need some samples of bigger sites or portals running on wicket. If
>> you know such - something like 100s of concurrent users, or big number of
>> users- please send me links and information. If possible some technical
>> details would be nice too.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Zoltan

Re: Bigger sites running on wicket?

Yup,

http://mobile.walmart.com is Wicket based, as are
http://mexico.com,
http://vegas.com,
http://springer.com (didn't know about this one!),
http://jalbum.net/create/
http://eropuit.nl

Search for "wicket:interface" with google and filter out the blog
posts and forum questions. You'll see that more websites are using
Wicket.

Martijn

On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 4:18 PM,  <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Some things I've seen on this forum...Wal-Mart's mobile site, lasvegas.com
>

> Notice: This communication, including any attachments, is intended solely
> for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. This
> communication may contain information that is protected from disclosure
> under State and/or Federal law. Please notify the sender immediately if
> you have received this communication in error and delete this email from
> your system. If you are not the intended recipient, you are requested not
> to disclose, copy, distribute or take any action in reliance on the
> contents of this information.

Apache Wicket 1.4 increases type safety for web applications
Get it now: http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/wicket/1.4.7

Re: Bigger sites running on wicket?

Martin Sachs
Yes Springer.com is online since Feb 2010.  We didnt have post  an
announcement, because we are in stabilizing-phase the past month.

We use Wicket-1.4.5 and JQuery for effects and modal-windows.

regards
    Martin

Martijn Dashorst schrieb:

> Yup,
>
> http://mobile.walmart.com is Wicket based, as are
> http://mexico.com,
> http://vegas.com,
> http://springer.com (didn't know about this one!),
> http://jalbum.net/create/
> http://eropuit.nl
>
> Search for "wicket:interface" with google and filter out the blog
> posts and forum questions. You'll see that more websites are using
> Wicket.
>
> Martijn
>
> On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 4:18 PM,  <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Some things I've seen on this forum...Wal-Mart's mobile site, lasvegas.com
>>

>> Notice: This communication, including any attachments, is intended solely
>> for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. This
>> communication may contain information that is protected from disclosure
>> under State and/or Federal law. Please notify the sender immediately if
>> you have received this communication in error and delete this email from
>> your system. If you are not the intended recipient, you are requested not
>> to disclose, copy, distribute or take any action in reliance on the
>> contents of this information.

Re: Bigger sites running on wicket?

Bruno Borges
Just to contribute on this topic:

www.americanas.com (brazilian online store - the biggest one)

Re: Bigger sites running on wicket?

dryajov
Well, bodybuilding.com is beginning to use wicket extensively, there are several parts of the website ported to wicket (store excluded) already and a major revamp is being worked on as we speak - all in wicket. That is by far the biggest site that uses wicket AFAIK.

Re: Bigger sites running on wicket?

Igor Vaynberg-2
needs www.

-igor

On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 12:57 PM, dryajov <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Well, bodybuilding.com is beginning to use wicket extensively, there are
> several parts of the website ported to wicket (store excluded) already and a
> major revamp is being worked on as we speak - all in wicket. That is by far
> the biggest site that uses wicket AFAIK.

Re: Bigger sites running on wicket?

richard emberson
I looked at the Page source for about 10 pages and could not
tell that they were generated using Wicket.
Are there some telltale indicators that might indicate
Wicket usage?
Yea, inside knowledge is one indicator, but I mean some
other indicator. Something about the HTML or such?

Thanks

Richard

On 07/20/2011 12:57 PM, dryajov wrote:

> Well, bodybuilding.com is beginning to use wicket extensively, there are
> several parts of the website ported to wicket (store excluded) already and a
> major revamp is being worked on as we speak - all in wicket. That is by far
> the biggest site that uses wicket AFAIK.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

Re: Bigger sites running on wicket?

jcgarciam
The only trace that i think could be easily spot (once DEPLOYMENT mode is on)  are the inclusion of resources such as css/javascript

On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 6:08 PM, richard emberson [via Apache Wicket] <[hidden email]> wrote:
I looked at the Page source for about 10 pages and could not
tell that they were generated using Wicket.
Are there some telltale indicators that might indicate
Wicket usage?
Yea, inside knowledge is one indicator, but I mean some
other indicator. Something about the HTML or such?

Thanks

Richard

On 07/20/2011 12:57 PM, dryajov wrote:

> Well, bodybuilding.com is beginning to use wicket extensively, there are
> several parts of the website ported to wicket (store excluded) already and a
> major revamp is being worked on as we speak - all in wicket. That is by far
> the biggest site that uses wicket AFAIK.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

http://apache-wicket.1842946.n4.nabble.com/Bigger-sites-running-on-wicket-tp2197500p3682047.html
To start a new topic under Apache Wicket, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Apache Wicket, click here.

--

JC

Re: Bigger sites running on wicket?

Eugene Dina
The only parts of our live site that are running wicket are some of the blog
pages at http://blog.bodybuilding.com.  Most everything else is still a WIP
and not yet ready for public consumption.  Also, you probably won't find any
references to wicket resources in the code since we use a CDN for all static
assets.  If people are interested we can provide more details on the size
and scope of some of our wicket projects.

Regards,
Eugene

On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 3:24 PM, jcgarciam <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The only trace that i think could be easily spot (once DEPLOYMENT mode is
> on)  are the inclusion of resources such as css/javascript
>
> On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 6:08 PM, richard emberson [via Apache Wicket] <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > I looked at the Page source for about 10 pages and could not
> > tell that they were generated using Wicket.
> > Are there some telltale indicators that might indicate
> > Wicket usage?
> > Yea, inside knowledge is one indicator, but I mean some
> > other indicator. Something about the HTML or such?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Richard
> >
> > On 07/20/2011 12:57 PM, dryajov wrote:
> >
> > > Well, bodybuilding.com is beginning to use wicket extensively, there
> are
> >
> > > several parts of the website ported to wicket (store excluded) already
> > and a
> > > major revamp is being worked on as we speak - all in wicket. That is by
> > far
> > > the biggest site that uses wicket AFAIK.
> > >
> > > --
> http://user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=3682047&i=0>
> > > For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]<
> http://user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=3682047&i=1>
> > >

> > --
> > Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

> http://user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=3682047&i=2>
> > For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]<
> http://user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=3682047&i=3>

> >.
> >

> --
>
> JC

Re: Bigger sites running on wicket?

dryajov
Some can better elaborate on this, but I know for a fact that this - http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bbmaintrain.htm and http://blog.bodybuilding.com/ are both wicket. I doubt that there are any traces of wicket stuff on those pages thought. Our group in charge of the SuperSite (http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/index.html) is in the process of finishing porting it to wicket, so if you go to that page or any page under /fun your very likely browsing wicket served pages.

Dmitriy.

On 07/20/2011 03:08 PM, richard emberson [via Apache Wicket] wrote:
I looked at the Page source for about 10 pages and could not
tell that they were generated using Wicket.
Are there some telltale indicators that might indicate
Wicket usage?
Yea, inside knowledge is one indicator, but I mean some
other indicator. Something about the HTML or such?

Thanks

Richard

On 07/20/2011 12:57 PM, dryajov wrote:

> Well, bodybuilding.com is beginning to use wicket extensively, there are
> several parts of the website ported to wicket (store excluded) already and a
> major revamp is being worked on as we speak - all in wicket. That is by far
> the biggest site that uses wicket AFAIK.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

http://apache-wicket.1842946.n4.nabble.com/Bigger-sites-running-on-wicket-tp2197500p3682047.html
To start a new topic under Apache Wicket, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Apache Wicket, click here.

Re: Bigger sites running on wicket?

Martin Grigorov-4
Just for the statistics - Wicket 1.4 or 1.5 ?

On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 1:09 AM, dryajov <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Some can better elaborate on this, but I know for a fact that this -
> http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bbmaintrain.htm and
> http://blog.bodybuilding.com/ are both wicket. I doubt that there are
> any traces of wicket stuff on those pages thought. Our group in charge
> of the SuperSite (http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/index.html) is in the
> process of finishing porting it to wicket, so if you go to that page or
> any page under /fun your very likely browsing wicket served pages.
>
> Dmitriy.
>
> On 07/20/2011 03:08 PM, richard emberson [via Apache Wicket] wrote:
>> I looked at the Page source for about 10 pages and could not
>> tell that they were generated using Wicket.
>> Are there some telltale indicators that might indicate
>> Wicket usage?
>> Yea, inside knowledge is one indicator, but I mean some
>> other indicator. Something about the HTML or such?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Richard
>>
>> On 07/20/2011 12:57 PM, dryajov wrote:
>>
>> > Well, bodybuilding.com is beginning to use wicket extensively, there
>> are
>> > several parts of the website ported to wicket (store excluded)
>> already and a
>> > major revamp is being worked on as we speak - all in wicket. That is
>> by far
>> > the biggest site that uses wicket AFAIK.
>> >
>> > --
>> </user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=3682047&i=0>
>> </user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=3682047&i=1>
>> >

>> --
>> Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

>> </user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=3682047&i=2>
>> </user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=3682047&i=3>

>> <

Re: Bigger sites running on wicket?

Marco
http://www.endomondo.com uses Wicket with an estimated 1 million registered users.

Re: Bigger sites running on wicket?

Martin Grigorov-4
You better add your sites to
https://cwiki.apache.org/WICKET/websites-based-on-wicket.html so next
time someone ask "Who is using Wicket?" to see these big sites.

On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 1:37 PM, Marco <[hidden email]> wrote:

> http://www.endomondo.com uses Wicket with an estimated 1 million registered
> users.

Re: Bigger sites running on wicket?

dryajov
This post was updated on .
We're using 1.4
Martin Grigorov-4 wrote
Just for the statistics - Wicket 1.4 or 1.5 ?

On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 1:09 AM, dryajov <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Some can better elaborate on this, but I know for a fact that this -
> http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bbmaintrain.htm and
> http://blog.bodybuilding.com/ are both wicket. I doubt that there are
> any traces of wicket stuff on those pages thought. Our group in charge
> of the SuperSite (http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/index.html) is in the
> process of finishing porting it to wicket, so if you go to that page or
> any page under /fun your very likely browsing wicket served pages.
>
> Dmitriy.
>
> On 07/20/2011 03:08 PM, richard emberson [via Apache Wicket] wrote:
>> I looked at the Page source for about 10 pages and could not
>> tell that they were generated using Wicket.
>> Are there some telltale indicators that might indicate
>> Wicket usage?
>> Yea, inside knowledge is one indicator, but I mean some
>> other indicator. Something about the HTML or such?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Richard
>>
>> On 07/20/2011 12:57 PM, dryajov wrote:
>>
>> > Well, bodybuilding.com is beginning to use wicket extensively, there
>> are
>> > several parts of the website ported to wicket (store excluded)
>> already and a
>> > major revamp is being worked on as we speak - all in wicket. That is
>> by far
>> > the biggest site that uses wicket AFAIK.
>> >
>> > --
>> </user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=3682047&i=0>
>> </user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=3682047&i=1>
>> >

>> --
>> Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

>> </user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=3682047&i=2>
>> </user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=3682047&i=3>

Re: Bigger sites running on wicket?

Horacio Natyural
we have used wicket extensively in several banking applications . both retail and internal apps. we have very large amounts of transactions. mostly using 1.4 version.

On Jul 22, 2011, at 1:24 AM, dryajov <[hidden email]> wrote:

> 1.4

Re: Bigger sites running on wicket?

Nelson Segura
I stumbled by accident on Coldwell banker's web site, which is using
wicket. I don't know if that is known.  It is a pretty big
corporation.
-Nelson