CSS not depending on locale but some other logic

CSS not depending on locale but some other logic

armandoxxx
Hey wicket ppl

I got a question about styling my pages.

In a web app project I'm working on,  we have many different users coming from various companies. Each company has different CSS styles, in practice that means that each company uses it's own skin for same web page.
So what I would like to know is, if my thoughts of implementation are the proper way and how to implement CSS styles order in a head of output markup.

here we go...
my css/ folder (for now) looks like this:

component1/styles.css
component2/styles.css
componentX/styles.css
main_styles.css
style_company1.css //there override styles
style_company2.css
style_company3.css

so I was thinking of using HaderContributor when application logic resolves what company should be displayed. From reading book and articles, I guess this should be the proper way. Correct me if I'm wrong.

But if I use HeaderContributor somewhere in the Page class and then components that are rendered add some of their styles to the header, how can I add my company CSS files at the end of the head, since these files override many of the main and components CSS styles.

In a head of output markup I would like to get the right order:
<link href="main_styles.css"/>
<link href="component1/styles.css"/>
<link href="component2/styles.css"/>
<link href="componentX/styles.css"/>
<link href="style_company1.css"/> //must be the last one !

Any hints would be appreciated !

King regards

Armando

Re: CSS not depending on locale but some other logic

James Carman
Have you looked at the "style" property on Session?

On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 3:21 AM, armandoxxx <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hey wicket ppl
>
> I got a question about styling my pages.
>
> In a web app project I'm working on,  we have many different users coming
> from various companies. Each company has different CSS styles, in practice
> that means that each company uses it's own skin for same web page.
> So what I would like to know is, if my thoughts of implementation are the
> proper way and how to implement CSS styles order in a head of output
> markup.
>
> here we go...
> my css/ folder (for now) looks like this:
>
> component1/styles.css
> component2/styles.css
> componentX/styles.css
> main_styles.css
> style_company1.css //there override styles
> style_company2.css
> style_company3.css
>
> so I was thinking of using HaderContributor when application logic resolves
> what company should be displayed. From reading book and articles, I guess
> this should be the proper way. Correct me if I'm wrong.
>
> But if I use HeaderContributor somewhere in the Page class and then
> components that are rendered add some of their styles to the header, how
> can
> I add my company CSS files at the end of the head, since these files
> override many of the main and components CSS styles.
>
> In a head of output markup I would like to get the right order:
> <link href="main_styles.css"/>
> <link href="component1/styles.css"/>
> <link href="component2/styles.css"/>
> <link href="componentX/styles.css"/>
> <link href="style_company1.css"/> //must be the last one !
>
> Any hints would be appreciated !
>
> King regards
>
> Armando

Re: CSS not depending on locale but some other logic

armandoxxx
Hey

Thank you for your reply .. that is what I was looking for !

Kind regards

Armando