Change model object problem

Andrea Fantappiè-2
Hi, this is my problem.

I've code from 1.4 that doesn't work with 1.5 wicket version:

I have a page with a form with a panel inside that hold a collection model
of linked files. On the panel I have a link to an abstract page that it
open in a new popup where i can upload a new file. After the upload the
page notify by an abrstract method, implemented on the panel, the new file.
On the panel I add the new file to the model, then i had to render the
panel to show the new item, and this is done by an ajax "refresh" link that
render the list on the event trigger. In 1.4 the ajax call load the model
with the new elemet inside. In the 1.5 version the model loaded on the ajax
event is the original model, without the new file. Why? How can i update
the model of the panel without any form submit?
I've tried to call modelChanging and modelChanged on the panel and on the
page, but nothig. The model changes are lost after the popup page close.