Quantcast

Close modal window on session timeout

Anna Simbirtsev
Hi,

I open a modal window from the parent window, and after some time the
session times out.
The modal window is still open, so the login page is displayed inside
the modal window.

Is there a way to have a modal window close on session timeout?

Thanks,
Anna

Re: Close modal window on session timeout

Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro-4
Anna,

Just guessing... Are the contents of your modal window in a Page? If
you make the contents live in a Panel (instead of a page) then (I
suppose) you will not have this problem.

Ernesto

On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 9:03 PM, Anna Simbirtsev <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I open a modal window from the parent window, and after some time the
> session times out.
> The modal window is still open, so the login page is displayed inside
> the modal window.
>
> Is there a way to have a modal window close on session timeout?
>
> Thanks,
> Anna

Re: Close modal window on session timeout

Anna Simbirtsev
Yes, it is a page.
To change it to a panel is not an option for me right now  since we
are on a tight deadline. But as I understand a lot of things would be
easier with a panel.

On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 3:42 PM, Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Anna,
>
> Just guessing... Are the contents of your modal window in a Page? If
> you make the contents live in a Panel (instead of a page) then (I
> suppose) you will not have this problem.
>
> Ernesto
>
> On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 9:03 PM, Anna Simbirtsev <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>

>> I open a modal window from the parent window, and after some time the
>> session times out.
>> The modal window is still open, so the login page is displayed inside
>> the modal window.
>>
>> Is there a way to have a modal window close on session timeout?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Anna

Anna Simbirtsev
(416) 729-7331

Re: Close modal window on session timeout

Alexander Morozov
Have you try to close modal window with JS ?

      <script type="text/javascript"><!-- if (top != self) { var wicket = top.Wicket; if (wicket && wicket.Window) { var modal = wicket.Window.get(); if (modal) { modal.close(); } } top.location.href = location.href; } //--></script>

Re: Close modal window on session timeout

Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro-4
Anna,

Then to options come to my mind:

-Avoid the time out by attaching a keep alive timer to modal window
page. That way your session will not time out while modal is open.
-Have a timer on background page that closes the modal window after X
minutes if there is no user activity.

Ernesto

On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 10:14 PM, Anna Simbirtsev <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yes, it is a page.
> To change it to a panel is not an option for me right now  since we
> are on a tight deadline. But as I understand a lot of things would be
> easier with a panel.
>
> On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 3:42 PM, Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Anna,
>>
>> Just guessing... Are the contents of your modal window in a Page? If
>> you make the contents live in a Panel (instead of a page) then (I
>> suppose) you will not have this problem.
>>
>> Ernesto
>>
>> On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 9:03 PM, Anna Simbirtsev <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>

>>> I open a modal window from the parent window, and after some time the
>>> session times out.
>>> The modal window is still open, so the login page is displayed inside
>>> the modal window.
>>>
>>> Is there a way to have a modal window close on session timeout?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Anna

> Anna Simbirtsev
> (416) 729-7331

Re: Close modal window on session timeout

Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro-4
Do you mean put this script on your home page? So that modal window is
closed and parent is redirected to home? Nice trick;-)

Ernesto

Alexander Morozov
Yep, just put it to home (base) page.

Re: Close modal window on session timeout

Anna Simbirtsev
When would this java script get executed? I added it to the base page,
but does not work.

On Sat, Sep 11, 2010 at 7:07 AM, Alexander Morozov
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yep, just put it to home (base) page.

Anna Simbirtsev
(416) 729-7331

Re: Close modal window on session timeout

Anna Simbirtsev
Its working, thank you.

--
Anna Simbirtsev