Component with ListView that adds other Components?

Component with ListView that adds other Components?

7zark7
Stumped on this, seemed it should simple:

I am making a component that uses a ListView.
Two important requirements:

1) This component will add Components and other markup before the list
items, which I do not want the page designer or Java coder to worry
about adding themselves in markup or code.

2) I want the page designer to be able to specify the markup that will
be repeated for list items, just like a ListView:

     <ul>
         <li wicket:id="mylist">
             Blah blah blah
         </li>
     </ul>

So this Component's usage would look like this:

<ul wicket:id="mycomponent">
    <li wicket:id="mylist">
       Blah blah blah
    </li>
</ul>

Which would generate this (fake markup example):

<ul id="mycomponent">
       My Important Stuff
       <button>Yadda</button>
       <form>
       </form>

       <li>
           Blah blah blah
       </li>
       <li>
           Blah blah blah
       </li>
       <li>
           Blah blah blah
       </li>
</ul>

I was going to use a panel, but realized I have no idea how to "grab"
markup to use within the ListView.

Help?

Re: Component with ListView that adds other Components?

Bruno Borges
I think that's a case for using Border.

http://wicket.apache.org/apidocs/1.4/org/apache/wicket/markup/html/border/Border.html

You may check the migration of Border behaviour in 1.5 at
https://cwiki.apache.org/WICKET/migration-to-wicket-15.html#MigrationtoWicket1.5-RemovedmagicfromBorderComponent

Cheers,

*Bruno Borges*
www.brunoborges.com.br