Exception when trying to load resource from a properties file.

Exception when trying to load resource from a properties file.

vdaras
Hello,

I'm playing around with Wicket and I got a serious problem with .properties files.

I got this HomePage.html

<!DOCTYPE html>
<head>
<title>Welcome Page</title>
</head>
    <form wicket:id="userForm">
        <wicket:message key="name"/>: <input wicket:id="name" type="text"/>
        <wicket:message key="surname"/>: <input wicket:id="surname" type="text" />
    </form>

and HomePage.propeties

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<properties>
    <entry key="name">Name</entry>
    <entry key="surname">Surname</entry>
</properties>

These two files are located in the same directory in my project.

I get an "org.apache.wicket.WicketRuntimeException: Property 'name' not found in property files" exception when trying to render HomePage.html.

I've checked the .war file in the server's directory and the two files are in the same directory. I've also noticed that a HomePage.properties.xml file is also deployed for some reason.The .war is packaged by Maven, using the pom file from the wicket quickstart archetype.

Any ideas?

Re: Exception when trying to load resource from a properties file.

On Fri, Mar 14, 2014 at 1:53 PM, vdaras <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm playing around with Wicket and I got a serious problem with .properties
> files.
>
> I got this HomePage.html
>
> <!DOCTYPE html>
> <head>
> <title>Welcome Page</title>
> </head>
>     <form wicket:id="userForm">
>         <wicket:message key="name"/>:&nbsp<input wicket:id="name"
> type="text"/>
>         <wicket:message key="surname"/>:&nbsp<input wicket:id="surname"
> type="text" />
>     </form>
>
> and HomePage.propeties

You use the XML format but you miss the .xml extension in the file name.
Also you miss 'r' in propeRties.

> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <properties>
>     <entry key="name">Name</entry>
>     <entry key="surname">Surname</entry>
> </properties>
>
> These two files are located in the same directory in my project.
>
> I get an "org.apache.wicket.WicketRuntimeException: Property 'name' not
> found in property files" exception when trying to render HomePage.html.
>
> I've checked the .war file in the server's directory and the two files are
> in the same directory. I've also noticed that a HomePage.properties.xml
> file
> is also deployed for some reason.The .war is packaged by Maven, using the

It is interesting to find out how  HomePage.properties.xml appeared if you
didn't added it.