Experiences deploying/running Wicket on GlassFish

Experiences deploying/running Wicket on GlassFish

Shreedhar Ganapathy
Hello
I am part of the GlassFish project, an open community, led by Sun
Microsystems that is developing an open source application server based
on Java EE 5. (http://glassfish.dev.java.net).

We are looking to showcase popular frameworks, and apps that can
deployed and run on GlassFish by featuring blogs and articles.
Such references have the dual benefit of growing the adoption of both
the frameworks themselves, and GlassFish with the added benefit of
identifying any bugs/issues.

In this regard, could you share pointers to any of articles or blogs
covering your experiences with deploying and running on any build of
GlassFish with Wicket based apps?

best regards

Shreedhar Ganapathy
Staff Engineer,
Sun Microsystems, Inc.

PS: I am not on this mailing list.

Re: Experiences deploying/running Wicket on GlassFish

cowwoc

        I haven't actually tried Glassfish yet, but I just wanted to say I look
forward to seeing your product grow. I like what I've seen so far and
once the product gains more acceptance I will seriously consider
migrating to it.

        I like what Sun has done with Netbeans and is now seemingly doing with
Glassfish: seeding an open-source project with their employees. The
Netbeans development team is absolutely phenomenal to work with, and I
hope Glassfish turns out the same way.

        Good luck!

        (And if someone on this list has actually had the chance to use
Glassfish before, I'd love to hear more about your experiences)

Gili

Shreedhar Ganapathy wrote:

> Hello
> I am part of the GlassFish project, an open community, led by Sun
> Microsystems that is developing an open source application server based
> on Java EE 5. (http://glassfish.dev.java.net).
>
> We are looking to showcase popular frameworks, and apps that can
> deployed and run on GlassFish by featuring blogs and articles.
> Such references have the dual benefit of growing the adoption of both
> the frameworks themselves, and GlassFish with the added benefit of
> identifying any bugs/issues.
>
> In this regard, could you share pointers to any of articles or blogs
> covering your experiences with deploying and running on any build of
> GlassFish with Wicket based apps?
> best regards
>
> Shreedhar Ganapathy
> Staff Engineer,
> Sun Microsystems, Inc.
>
> PS: I am not on this mailing list.

http://www.desktopbeautifier.com/

Re: Experiences deploying/running Wicket on GlassFish

Johan Compagner
I haven't tried glassfish with wicket yet, but i will have a look at it.
I did look through some docs of glassfish how easy it was to setup a cluster
with 2 app servers and a balancer. But couldn't find step by step documentation
So i used for that resin which is very simple to setup with a resin balancer
and 2 instances of resin servers (sharing the same installation/config files)

But will look at it again.

johan

On 3/9/06, Shreedhar Ganapathy <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Thanks Johan.  I'll look for your blog on this. Do drop me a line when you get to it.

Although GlassFish is officially still in single instance mode with formal clustering support slated for later,   one can always have two or more instances with identical configurations fronted by Apache and  load balance with mod_jk. I admit step by step documentation is not there yet for that.  Will revert back to you as soon as one is available.

Perhaps the following two links might help meantime.
http://weblogs.java.net/blog/amyroh/archive/2005/06/index.html
http://raibledesigns.com/tomcat/

Thanks again
Shreedhar

Johan Compagner wrote:
[...]

Guillermo Castro
There's already people trying wicket on Glassfish:

http://shitmores.blogspot.com/2005/12/glassfish-and-wicket.html

(the article has very little details, though)

Regards.

on Java EE 5. (<a href="http://glassfish.dev.java.net" target="_blank" onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)">http://glassfish.dev.java.net ).

Guillermo Castro             [hidden email]
Monterrey NL, Mexico     http://www.javageek.org/

Re: Experiences deploying/running Wicket on GlassFish

Rich Livingstone
Shreedhar

I'm currently porting an Apache Tomcat 5.5 server application to Glassfish (for www.clickvision.co.uk), as you know,  and thanks for the help resolving deployment problems over the last day. My fault again - but it's working nicely now.

Shreedhar Ganapathy-2 wrote
Hello