Form inside a modalWindow inside a Form :-/

Form inside a modalWindow inside a Form :-/

diego-38
Hi, i'm having an strange behavior in my application.
i have a form with a listview inside and the items in this listview can be
reordered using buttons (that's why the list is inside a form). In the
form i have a link that opens a modalWindow to add a new element to my
list (the link and the modal are defined as elements inside the form).
This modalWindow contains a new form to complete the necesary information
and a button to close the modal and add it to the original (reorderable)
listview.
The thing is that the 'second' form created inside the modal does not
write the html correctly and thus the javascript fails with "form has no
properties".
Using firebug i could find that the modal doesn't have the <form> tag
inside, after the <div> defining the window it just have the all the
<input>s and <select>s, so when javascript is looking for it to make the
submition, it fails.
I added setOutputMarkupId(true) to all my involved components to check if
i was missing something but still has the same issue.
I think there is a bug in somewhere... what do you think? there's some
workaround for this?

thanks a lot.

--
D.

Re: Form inside a modalWindow inside a Form :-/

Eelco Hillenius
I think the best thing you can do is somehow trying to really get it
reproducable and try to fit it in a quickstart or junit test and open
a JIRA issue for it.

Eelco

> Hi, i'm having an strange behavior in my application.
> i have a form with a listview inside and the items in this listview can be
> reordered using buttons (that's why the list is inside a form). In the
> form i have a link that opens a modalWindow to add a new element to my
> list (the link and the modal are defined as elements inside the form).
> This modalWindow contains a new form to complete the necesary information
> and a button to close the modal and add it to the original (reorderable)
> listview.
> The thing is that the 'second' form created inside the modal does not
> write the html correctly and thus the javascript fails with "form has no
> properties".
> Using firebug i could find that the modal doesn't have the <form> tag
> inside, after the <div> defining the window it just have the all the
> <input>s and <select>s, so when javascript is looking for it to make the
> submition, it fails.
> I added setOutputMarkupId(true) to all my involved components to check if
> i was missing something but still has the same issue.
> I think there is a bug in somewhere... what do you think? there's some
> workaround for this?
>
> thanks a lot.
>
> --
> D.

Re: Form inside a modalWindow inside a Form :-/

Frank Bille-3
Hi, i'm having an strange behavior in my application.
i have a form with a listview inside and the items in this listview can be
reordered using buttons (that's why the list is inside a form). In the
form i have a link that opens a modalWindow to add a new element to my
list (the link and the modal are defined as elements inside the form).

Why is the modal component defined inside the form? Couldn't you just move it out of the form?

Frank

Re: Form inside a modalWindow inside a Form :-/

Matej Knopp-2
What wicket version are you using? Nested forms are only supported in
1.3. If you are using modal window with 1.2, the only reliable way to
use forms is putting a page inside modal window.

-Matej

On 6/22/07, Frank Bille <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 6/16/07, [hidden email] <[hidden email] > wrote:
> > Hi, i'm having an strange behavior in my application.
> > i have a form with a listview inside and the items in this listview can be
> > reordered using buttons (that's why the list is inside a form). In the
> > form i have a link that opens a modalWindow to add a new element to my
> > list (the link and the modal are defined as elements inside the form).
> >

> Why is the modal component defined inside the form? Couldn't you just move
> it out of the form?
>
> Frank

Re: Form inside a modalWindow inside a Form :-/

tobrien
I'm having a similar problem in 1.3.0-SNAPSHOT without any nested
forms.   I simply have a ModelWindow with a Panel, in the panel I
define (among other things):

  Form reorder = new Form("reorder");
  reorder.setOutputMarkupId(true);
  add( reorder );

But in the generated HTML, the <form> element was missing when I tried
to use a Model dialog with a Panel vs. a Page.    When I switched to
using a Page everything worked perfectly.

On 6/22/07, Matej Knopp <[hidden email]> wrote:

> What wicket version are you using? Nested forms are only supported in
> 1.3. If you are using modal window with 1.2, the only reliable way to
> use forms is putting a page inside modal window.
>
> -Matej
>
> On 6/22/07, Frank Bille <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > On 6/16/07, [hidden email] <[hidden email] > wrote:
> > > Hi, i'm having an strange behavior in my application.
> > > i have a form with a listview inside and the items in this listview can be
> > > reordered using buttons (that's why the list is inside a form). In the
> > > form i have a link that opens a modalWindow to add a new element to my
> > > list (the link and the modal are defined as elements inside the form).
> > >

> > Why is the modal component defined inside the form? Couldn't you just move
> > it out of the form?
> >
> > Frank

------
Tim O'Brien: (847) 863-7045

Re: Form inside a modalWindow inside a Form :-/

Matej Knopp-2
That's weird. If you really don't have nested forms this shouldn't
happen. Can you plese provide a testcase?

-Matej

On 8/6/07, Tim O'Brien <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm having a similar problem in 1.3.0-SNAPSHOT without any nested
> forms.   I simply have a ModelWindow with a Panel, in the panel I
> define (among other things):
>
>   Form reorder = new Form("reorder");
>   reorder.setOutputMarkupId(true);
>   add( reorder );
>
> But in the generated HTML, the <form> element was missing when I tried
> to use a Model dialog with a Panel vs. a Page.    When I switched to
> using a Page everything worked perfectly.
>

> On 6/22/07, Matej Knopp <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > What wicket version are you using? Nested forms are only supported in
> > 1.3. If you are using modal window with 1.2, the only reliable way to
> > use forms is putting a page inside modal window.
> >
> > -Matej

> > > Why is the modal component defined inside the form? Couldn't you just move
> > > it out of the form?
> > >
> > > Frank

> ------
> Tim O'Brien: (847) 863-7045

Re: Form inside a modalWindow inside a Form :-/

newbie_to_wicket
Hi ,

In wicket 1.2.x nested forms not supported...
I also struggled the same problem in our application.....
whenever you validates the inner form then wicket validates outer form....
that is the main probelm.....