Quantcast

Get updated form values after button click?

Get updated form values after button click?

andrewsharpe
Hi all,

I have a button on my page that, when clicked, needs to get updated values of the wicket components on the page without submitting the form.  But everything I have tried either submits the form or still shows old values of components (doesn't reflect user changes).  I have tried:

1.) Using an AjaxLink and getValue method of components (shows old values).
2.) Using a Button and setting setDefaultFormProcessing to false.
3.) Using AjaxEventBehavior("onclick").
4.) Using AjaxFormComponentUpdatingBehavior("onclick").

All to no avail.  The last attempt (#4) was just a shot in the dark because this approach works with other components such as DropDownChoice (adding AjaxFormComponentUpdatingBehavior("onchange") allows me to view updated values of the components without submitting the form).

Advice?  Much appreciated in advance,

Andrew