Getting the html output of a wicket panel

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Getting the html output of a wicket panel

mango-object
we are trying to get the rendered output of a wicket panel (inside the current page) into a string variable so that it can be embedded into a email or let the user edit it in an editor such as TinyMCE.

I found this post that is really helpful, but we only need the output of a panel, not the current page.

http://apache-wicket.1842946.n4.nabble.com/WebPage-geting-string-tt2993717.html

first thought would be to get the output from the whole page and parse and extract the panel content, but is there a better way?

thanks for any help
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Getting the html output of a wicket panel

Martin Grigorov-4
I'll extend the examples with this use case soon

On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 3:58 AM, mango-object
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> we are trying to get the rendered output of a wicket panel (inside the
> current page) into a string variable so that it can be embedded into a email
> or let the user edit it in an editor such as TinyMCE.
>
> I found this post that is really helpful, but we only need the output of a
> panel, not the current page.
>
> http://apache-wicket.1842946.n4.nabble.com/WebPage-geting-string-tt2993717.html
>
> first thought would be to get the output from the whole page and parse and
> extract the panel content, but is there a better way?
>
> thanks for any help
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://apache-wicket.1842946.n4.nabble.com/Getting-the-html-output-of-a-wicket-panel-tp3962290p3962290.html
> Sent from the Users forum mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>



--
Martin Grigorov
jWeekend
Training, Consulting, Development
http://jWeekend.com

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Getting the html output of a wicket panel

Martin Grigorov-4
See http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/wicket/trunk/wicket-examples/src/main/java/org/apache/wicket/examples/asemail/

On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 11:01 AM, Martin Grigorov <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'll extend the examples with this use case soon
>
> On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 3:58 AM, mango-object
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> we are trying to get the rendered output of a wicket panel (inside the
>> current page) into a string variable so that it can be embedded into a email
>> or let the user edit it in an editor such as TinyMCE.
>>
>> I found this post that is really helpful, but we only need the output of a
>> panel, not the current page.
>>
>> http://apache-wicket.1842946.n4.nabble.com/WebPage-geting-string-tt2993717.html
>>
>> first thought would be to get the output from the whole page and parse and
>> extract the panel content, but is there a better way?
>>
>> thanks for any help
>>
>> --
>> View this message in context: http://apache-wicket.1842946.n4.nabble.com/Getting-the-html-output-of-a-wicket-panel-tp3962290p3962290.html
>> Sent from the Users forum mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>>
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
>> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>>
>>
>
>
>
> --
> Martin Grigorov
> jWeekend
> Training, Consulting, Development
> http://jWeekend.com
>



--
Martin Grigorov
jWeekend
Training, Consulting, Development
http://jWeekend.com

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Getting the html output of a wicket panel

Entropy
I found that an AbstractTransformerBehavior can be plugged into the
component and gets a callback that tells it the HTML it is going to
render, and gives it a chance to modify it.

Brian Mulholland

On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 9:56 AM, Martin Grigorov <[hidden email]> wrote:

> See http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/wicket/trunk/wicket-examples/src/main/java/org/apache/wicket/examples/asemail/
>
> On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 11:01 AM, Martin Grigorov <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I'll extend the examples with this use case soon
>>
>> On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 3:58 AM, mango-object
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> we are trying to get the rendered output of a wicket panel (inside the
>>> current page) into a string variable so that it can be embedded into a email
>>> or let the user edit it in an editor such as TinyMCE.
>>>
>>> I found this post that is really helpful, but we only need the output of a
>>> panel, not the current page.
>>>
>>> http://apache-wicket.1842946.n4.nabble.com/WebPage-geting-string-tt2993717.html
>>>
>>> first thought would be to get the output from the whole page and parse and
>>> extract the panel content, but is there a better way?
>>>
>>> thanks for any help
>>>
>>> --
>>> View this message in context: http://apache-wicket.1842946.n4.nabble.com/Getting-the-html-output-of-a-wicket-panel-tp3962290p3962290.html
>>> Sent from the Users forum mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>>>
>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
>>> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> Martin Grigorov
>> jWeekend
>> Training, Consulting, Development
>> http://jWeekend.com
>>
>
>
>
> --
> Martin Grigorov
> jWeekend
> Training, Consulting, Development
> http://jWeekend.com
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Getting the html output of a wicket panel

mango-object
In reply to this post by Martin Grigorov-4
this is very helpful. thank you very much for taking the time/effort to do the example.
my head is still spinning a bit, but you gave me a lot of pointers.
thanks again