Handling POST, PUT and DELETE from a resource

Handling POST, PUT and DELETE from a resource

Daniel Watrous-2
I'm building a web service and I wonder if there's some way to detect
and do something unique when calling a ResourceReference with
different HTTP methods.

Re: Handling POST, PUT and DELETE from a resource

7zark7
I know these sort of replies are annoying, but I don't think Wicket is a good choice for handling web service calls - it's pretty easy to map other paths to servlets or other handlers that better deal with PUT, DELETE, etc.

--
Anh My

On Wednesday, January 4, 2012 at 3:49 PM, Daniel Watrous wrote:

> I'm building a web service and I wonder if there's some way to detect
> and do something unique when calling a ResourceReference with
> different HTTP methods.

> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email] (mailto:[hidden email])

Re: Handling POST, PUT and DELETE from a resource

Daniel Watrous-2
That's a fantastic answer. I'll look at other solutions.

Daniel

On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 7:03 PM, 7zark7 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I know these sort of replies are annoying, but I don't think Wicket is a good choice for handling web service calls - it's pretty easy to map other paths to servlets or other handlers that better deal with PUT, DELETE, etc.
>
> --
> Anh My
>

> On Wednesday, January 4, 2012 at 3:49 PM, Daniel Watrous wrote:
>
>> I'm building a web service and I wonder if there's some way to detect
>> and do something unique when calling a ResourceReference with
>> different HTTP methods.

>> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email] (mailto:[hidden email])

Re: Handling POST, PUT and DELETE from a resource

Jeff Schneller
Look into restlet.org

Sent from my iPad

On Jan 4, 2012, at 10:36 PM, Daniel Watrous <[hidden email]> wrote:

> That's a fantastic answer. I'll look at other solutions.
>
> Daniel
>
> On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 7:03 PM, 7zark7 <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I know these sort of replies are annoying, but I don't think Wicket is a good choice for handling web service calls - it's pretty easy to map other paths to servlets or other handlers that better deal with PUT, DELETE, etc.
>>
>> --
>> Anh My
>> Sent with Sparrow (http://www.sparrowmailapp.com/?sig)
>>

>> On Wednesday, January 4, 2012 at 3:49 PM, Daniel Watrous wrote:
>>
>>> I'm building a web service and I wonder if there's some way to detect
>>> and do something unique when calling a ResourceReference with
>>> different HTTP methods.

>>> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email] (mailto:[hidden email])

RE: Handling POST, PUT and DELETE from a resource

Wilhelmsen Tor Iver
> Look into restlet.org

Reference implementation for JAX-RS (ignore that it sorts under the "Glassfish" section, it runs fine in other containers too):

http://jersey.java.net/

An older REST implementation that started before the JAX-RS spec but has been modified to conform (AFAIK):

http://www.jboss.org/resteasy

- Tor Iver