Handling state data on a page

Tom Barbaro
When we render our pages it is possible that an external system has changed our underlying data so when the user clicks on a link we attempt to lookup the item that the user clicked on but the lookup returns a null because the item has been deleted. The ideal solution would be to automatically refresh the page.

How do you handle stale data with Wicket?

I have been working with extending the WebRequestCycle class but it is ugly because I throw my own exception when the lookup fails but the request cycle gets a markup exception.

Is extending WebRequestCycle the correct approach?