HomePage reloads on every Ajax submit

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

HomePage reloads on every Ajax submit

hfriederichs
Hello,

I'm using Wicket 6.8.0 on Eclipse WDT (WebSphere application server).
This is my nth Wicket Application, but I can't figure out why <see Subject> keeps happening.
Whether a TextField or a Button, the corresponding AjaxFormSubmitBehavior is never executed, instead, the Constructor of the homepage is executed again and again.
There are no errors, no stacktraces, no warnings. Tried everything I can think of. Must be something simple...

Please help!!

Regards, Hans
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: HomePage reloads on every Ajax submit

Martin Grigorov-4
Hi,

From the symptoms it sounds like either PageExpiredException or
StalePageException is being thrown.
Put a breakpoint in the constructors of those and see what happens.

I'd bet on PEX due to some NotSerializableException but it should be in the
logs in this case.

Martin Grigorov
Wicket Training and Consulting
https://twitter.com/mtgrigorov

On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 4:20 PM, hfriederichs <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm using Wicket 6.8.0 on Eclipse WDT (WebSphere application server).
> This is my nth Wicket Application, but I can't figure out why <see Subject>
> keeps happening.
> Whether a TextField or a Button, the corresponding AjaxFormSubmitBehavior
> is
> never executed, instead, the Constructor of the homepage is executed again
> and again.
> There are no errors, no stacktraces, no warnings. Tried everything I can
> think of. Must be something simple...
>
> Please help!!
>
> Regards, Hans
>
>
> --
> View this message in context:
> http://apache-wicket.1842946.n4.nabble.com/HomePage-reloads-on-every-Ajax-submit-tp4672412.html
> Sent from the Users forum mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: HomePage reloads on every Ajax submit

hfriederichs
That didn't make any difference...
Still no errors.
When I open the application in a browser, the homepage loads once. Strangely, on every Ajax submit, the homepage loads twice.

Regards
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: HomePage reloads on every Ajax submit

hfriederichs
In reply to this post by hfriederichs
I stripped my application to essntials: one application, one webpage, one form, two textfields, the first one with AjaxFormComponentUpdatingBehavior the second with AjaxFormSubmitBehavior.

The page reloads when, after I enter something in tf1:
* I place the cursor in tf2
* I click on empty space around the fields
* I hit 'Enter'
* I hit 'Tab'
* Any action...

Please, anyone a suggestion?
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: HomePage reloads on every Ajax submit

Martin Grigorov-4
Hi,

If you have it as a Wicket Quickstart application and it behaves the same
with 6.20.0 (6.8.0 is almost 2 years old) then please attach it to JIRA and
we will take a look.

Martin Grigorov
Wicket Training and Consulting
https://twitter.com/mtgrigorov

On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 10:14 AM, hfriederichs <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> I stripped my application to essntials: one application, one webpage, one
> form, two textfields, the first one with AjaxFormComponentUpdatingBehavior
> the second with AjaxFormSubmitBehavior.
>
> The page reloads when, after I enter something in tf1:
> * I place the cursor in tf2
> * I click on empty space around the fields
> * I hit 'Enter'
> * I hit 'Tab'
> * Any action...
>
> Please, anyone a suggestion?
>
>
> --
> View this message in context:
> http://apache-wicket.1842946.n4.nabble.com/HomePage-reloads-on-every-Ajax-submit-tp4672412p4672423.html
> Sent from the Users forum mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: HomePage reloads on every Ajax submit

Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro-4
In reply to this post by hfriederichs
Is this with all browsers? I do not recall all details but I remember there
was an issue with empty images and IE and page reloads (I do not remember
is it was with AJAX).

Maybe create a quick-start?

On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 9:14 AM, hfriederichs <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I stripped my application to essntials: one application, one webpage, one
> form, two textfields, the first one with AjaxFormComponentUpdatingBehavior
> the second with AjaxFormSubmitBehavior.
>
> The page reloads when, after I enter something in tf1:
> * I place the cursor in tf2
> * I click on empty space around the fields
> * I hit 'Enter'
> * I hit 'Tab'
> * Any action...
>
> Please, anyone a suggestion?
>
>
> --
> View this message in context:
> http://apache-wicket.1842946.n4.nabble.com/HomePage-reloads-on-every-Ajax-submit-tp4672412p4672423.html
> Sent from the Users forum mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>


--
Regards - Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: HomePage reloads on every Ajax submit

hfriederichs
In reply to this post by hfriederichs
I figured it out, it wasn't a Wicket thing.

Someone changed our script for setting up an application server in Eclipse WDT, making it ssl-only (secure cookie).
So when I switched to https, everything worked fine.

Makes perfect sense, in hindsight, the page comes up in http, but no request can be serviced.

So Wicket's not the blame, but it would have been nice to have had a simple error or warning on this, but I don't know if that is possible at all.

Thanks to Martin and Ernesto for their replies.


Regards, Hans