How can I reload HTML in app engine?

EC

How can I reload HTML in app engine?

EC
Hi,

I am using app engine development server (eclipse). Is there a way to reload
the HTML files when I change them on the disk? We need to disable resource
monitoring thread in app engine, so cache eviction does not happen.

getResourceSettings().setResourcePollFrequency(null);

I also cannot set resource loading folder since app engine does not allow
file system access.

Is there a way that in development mode things don’t get into the cache in
the first place, so every resource request goes directly to disk?

Thanks

Re: How can I reload HTML in app engine?

Ian Marshall
If you don't get an answer here, do you want to try posting on

  http://groups.google.com/group/google-appengine-java

then then click the "Discussions" link to see if you get any joy there?

Re: How can I reload HTML in app engine?

Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro-4
Maybe [1] contains some info?

Ernesto

1-http://kimenye.blogspot.com/2009/06/google-app-engine-wicket.html

EC

Re: How can I reload HTML in app engine?

EC
What a hack. Those things should be simple. I will give it a try.

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 4:37 AM, Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Maybe [1] contains some info?
>
> Ernesto
>
> 1-http://kimenye.blogspot.com/2009/06/google-app-engine-wicket.html

Re: How can I reload HTML in app engine?

Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro-4
Is you have success and-or find some easier solution can you ports
here? I will start using GAE on a regular basis soon...

Ernesto

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 11:51 PM, EC <[hidden email]> wrote:

> What a hack. Those things should be simple. I will give it a try.
>
> On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 4:37 AM, Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Maybe [1] contains some info?
>>
>> Ernesto
>>
>> 1-http://kimenye.blogspot.com/2009/06/google-app-engine-wicket.html

Re: How can I reload HTML in app engine?

Clint Checketts
The instructions that I followed were here:
http://agilewombat.blogspot.com/2010/01/wicket-on-google-app-engine.html

Snippet from that post below. Note how he creates his own RequestCycle that
enables modification watching when in DevelopmentMode:

class MyWebRequestCycle extends WebRequestCycle {

    MyWebRequestCycle(final WebApplication application,
                      final WebRequest request, final Response response) {
        super(application, request, response);

    protected void onBeginRequest() {
        if (getApplication().getConfigurationType().equals(Application.DEVELOPMENT))
{
            final GaeModificationWatcher resourceWatcher =
(GaeModificationWatcher) getApplication()
                    .getResourceSettings().getResourceWatcher(true);
            resourceWatcher.checkResources();

-Clint