IDEA Plugin

Nick Heudecker
I've been doing some work on the IDEA Wicket plugin, mostly fixing exceptions and trying to correct the behavior of the code allowing developers to swap between Wicket source and markup.  I've also been annotations to the code, which might break the plugin for people not running IDEA using JDK 1.5.  Is this going to be a major problem, or are most people developing on 1.5 now?

Should I submit my fixes as a patch file, or request commit access to the repo?  I'd like to get the annotation question sorted out before I submit anything though.

Re: IDEA Plugin

Anders Holmbech Brandt

Hello Nick,

I've been doing some work on the IDEA Wicket plugin, mostly fixing exceptions and trying to correct the behavior of the code allowing developers to swap between Wicket source and markup.  I've also been annotations to the code, which might break the plugin for people not running IDEA using JDK 1.5.  Is this going to be a major problem, or are most people developing on 1.5 now?

Should I submit my fixes as a patch file, or request commit access to the repo?  I'd like to get the annotation question sorted out before I submit anything though.

Cool. I've been pretty lazy/busy for some time now but will hopefully get some some stuff done. Its great you're getting something kicked in. I think you should just get subversion access and commit it. Thats a lot easier.

I have made a few changes a couple weeks ago so just remember to update from svn once in a while :-)

Regarding the jdk 1.5 and annotation I'm fine with that. I didn't use them because I was not sure wether it would get me into some trouble with the intellij 5.x version and it should work there too to be in the plugin competition.

--

Best regards,

 Anders Holmbech Brandt                            [hidden email]

Re: IDEA Plugin

I took the liberty of adding Nick to the Wicket Stuff project.

Martijn

On 1/2/07, Anders Holmbech Brandt <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello Nick,
>

> Tuesday, January 2, 2007, 5:04:57 PM, you wrote:
>

> I've been doing some work on the IDEA Wicket plugin, mostly fixing
> exceptions and trying to correct the behavior of the code allowing
> developers to swap between Wicket source and markup.  I've also been
> annotations to the code, which might break the plugin for people not running
> IDEA using JDK 1.5.  Is this going to be a major problem, or are most people
> developing on 1.5 now?
>

> Should I submit my fixes as a patch file, or request commit access to the
> repo?  I'd like to get the annotation question sorted out before I submit
> anything though.
>

> Cool. I've been pretty lazy/busy for some time now but will hopefully get
> some some stuff done. Its great you're getting something kicked in. I think
> you should just get subversion access and commit it. Thats a lot easier.
>

> I have made a few changes a couple weeks ago so just remember to update from
> svn once in a while :-)
>

> Regarding the jdk 1.5 and annotation I'm fine with that. I didn't use them
> because I was not sure wether it would get me into some trouble with the
> intellij 5.x version and it should work there too to be in the plugin
> competition.
>

> --
>
> Best regards,
>
>  Anders Holmbech Brandt                            mailto:[hidden email]

Vote for Wicket at the http://www.thebeststuffintheworld.com/vote_for/wicket
Wicket 1.2.4 is as easy as 1-2-4. Download Wicket now!
http://wicketframework.org

Re: IDEA Plugin

Nick Heudecker
Just checked in my initial changes including code to auto-complete Wicket ids in an HTML file.  It's working find here, but your mileage may vary.

On 1/2/07, Martijn Dashorst <[hidden email]> wrote:
I took the liberty of adding Nick to the Wicket Stuff project.

Martijn

On 1/2/07, Anders Holmbech Brandt <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello Nick,
>

> Tuesday, January 2, 2007, 5:04:57 PM, you wrote:
>

> I've been doing some work on the IDEA Wicket plugin, mostly fixing
> exceptions and trying to correct the behavior of the code allowing
> developers to swap between Wicket source and markup.  I've also been
> annotations to the code, which might break the plugin for people not running
> IDEA using JDK 1.5.  Is this going to be a major problem, or are most people
> developing on 1.5 now?
>

> Should I submit my fixes as a patch file, or request commit access to the
> repo?  I'd like to get the annotation question sorted out before I submit
> anything though.
>

> Cool. I've been pretty lazy/busy for some time now but will hopefully get
> some some stuff done. Its great you're getting something kicked in. I think
> you should just get subversion access and commit it. Thats a lot easier.
>

> I have made a few changes a couple weeks ago so just remember to update from
> svn once in a while :-)
>

> Regarding the jdk 1.5 and annotation I'm fine with that. I didn't use them
> because I was not sure wether it would get me into some trouble with the
> intellij 5.x version and it should work there too to be in the plugin
> competition.
>

> --
>
> Best regards,
>
>  Anders Holmbech Brandt                            mailto: [hidden email]

Vote for Wicket at the http://www.thebeststuffintheworld.com/vote_for/wicket
Wicket 1.2.4 is as easy as 1-2-4. Download Wicket now!
http://wicketframework.org

Re: IDEA Plugin

Anders Holmbech Brandt

Hello Nick,

Just checked in my initial changes including code to auto-complete Wicket ids in an HTML file.  It's working find here, but your mileage may vary.

Cool. Will try it out. And it seems to work allright I think we should just update so users can download it.

On 1/2/07, Martijn Dashorst <[hidden email]> wrote:

I took the liberty of adding Nick to the Wicket Stuff project.

Martijn

On 1/2/07, Anders Holmbech Brandt <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello Nick,

> Tuesday, January 2, 2007, 5:04:57 PM, you wrote:

> I've been doing some work on the IDEA Wicket plugin, mostly fixing

> exceptions and trying to correct the behavior of the code allowing

> developers to swap between Wicket source and markup.  I've also been

> annotations to the code, which might break the plugin for people not running

> IDEA using JDK 1.5.  Is this going to be a major problem, or are most people

> developing on 1.5 now?

> Should I submit my fixes as a patch file, or request commit access to the

> repo?  I'd like to get the annotation question sorted out before I submit

> anything though.

> Cool. I've been pretty lazy/busy for some time now but will hopefully get

> some some stuff done. Its great you're getting something kicked in. I think

> you should just get subversion access and commit it. Thats a lot easier.

> I have made a few changes a couple weeks ago so just remember to update from

> svn once in a while :-)

> Regarding the jdk 1.5 and annotation I'm fine with that. I didn't use them

> because I was not sure wether it would get me into some trouble with the

> intellij 5.x version and it should work there too to be in the plugin

> competition.

> --

> Best regards,

>  Anders Holmbech Brandt                            mailto: [hidden email]

> Join SourceForge.net 's Techsay panel and you'll get the chance to share your

Vote for Wicket at the http://www.thebeststuffintheworld.com/vote_for/wicket

Wicket 1.2.4 is as easy as 1-2-4. Download Wicket now!

http://wicketframework.org

Join SourceForge.net 's Techsay panel and you'll get the chance to share your

Best regards,

 Anders Holmbech Brandt                            [hidden email]

Re: IDEA Plugin

Nick Heudecker
That was one thing I didn't know how to do - update the IDEA plugin repo with the new release.  Can you document that someplace?

Hello Nick,

Vote for Wicket at the <a href="http://www.thebeststuffintheworld.com/vote_for/wicket" target="_blank" onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)">http://www.thebeststuffintheworld.com/vote_for/wicket

Wicket 1.2.4 is as easy as 1-2-4. Download Wicket now!

Join SourceForge.net 's Techsay panel and you'll get the chance to share your

--

Best regards,

 Anders Holmbech Brandt                            [hidden email]

<a onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)" href="http://www.techsay.com/default.php?page=join.php&amp;p=sourceforge&amp;CID=DEVDEV" target="_blank"> http://www.techsay.com/default.php?page=join.php&p=sourceforge&CID=DEVDEV

<a onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)" href="https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/wicket-stuff-develop" target="_blank">https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/wicket-stuff-develop

Re: IDEA Plugin

Anders Holmbech Brandt

Hello Nick,

That was one thing I didn't know how to do - update the IDEA plugin repo with the new release.  Can you document that someplace?

I'm getting the error below when trying to do something in a html file. Have you looked at the WicketHelper class. It has the getWicketIdsFromJavaFile method which I think we should try and use all over the place and then extend it as we find more and more cases that is wither not correct or not matched as wicket ids.

java.lang.ClassCastException: com.intellij.psi.impl.source.PsiParameterImpl

       at com.holmbech.wicketassistant.WicketJavaIdCompletionData$WicketIdElementJavaVisitor.wicketIdChecker(WicketJavaIdCompletionData.java:135)

       at com.holmbech.wicketassistant.WicketJavaIdCompletionData$WicketIdElementJavaVisitor.visitNewExpression(WicketJavaIdCompletionData.java:114)

       at com.intellij.psi.impl.source.tree.java.PsiNewExpressionImpl.accept(PsiNewExpressionImpl.java:88)

       at com.intellij.psi.impl.source.tree.CompositePsiElement.acceptChildren(CompositePsiElement.java:96)

       at com.intellij.psi.PsiRecursiveElementVisitor.visitElement(PsiRecursiveElementVisitor.java:37)

       at com.intellij.psi.JavaElementVisitor.visitExpressionList(JavaElementVisitor.java:124)

       at com.intellij.psi.impl.source.tree.java.PsiExpressionListImpl.accept(PsiExpressionListImpl.java:26)

       at com.intellij.psi.impl.source.tree.CompositePsiElement.acceptChildren(CompositePsiElement.java:96)

       at com.intellij.psi.PsiRecursiveElementVisitor.visitElement(PsiRecursiveElementVisitor.java:37)

       at com.intellij.psi.JavaElementVisitor.visitExpression(JavaElementVisitor.java:120)

       at com.intellij.psi.JavaElementVisitor.visitCallExpression(JavaElementVisitor.java:208)

       at com.intellij.psi.JavaElementVisitor.visitMethodCallExpression(JavaElementVisitor.java:204)

       at com.intellij.psi.impl.source.tree.java.PsiMethodCallExpressionImpl.accept(PsiMethodCallExpressionImpl.java)

       at com.intellij.psi.impl.source.tree.CompositePsiElement.acceptChildren(CompositePsiElement.java:96)

       at com.intellij.psi.PsiRecursiveElementVisitor.visitElement(PsiRecursiveElementVisitor.java:37)

       at com.intellij.psi.JavaElementVisitor.visitStatement(JavaElementVisitor.java:292)

       at com.intellij.psi.JavaElementVisitor.visitExpressionStatement(JavaElementVisitor.java:132)

       at com.intellij.psi.impl.source.tree.java.PsiExpressionStatementImpl.accept(PsiExpressionStatementImpl.java:4)

       at com.intellij.psi.impl.source.tree.CompositePsiElement.acceptChildren(CompositePsiElement.java:96)

       at com.intellij.psi.PsiRecursiveElementVisitor.visitElement(PsiRecursiveElementVisitor.java:37)

       at com.intellij.psi.JavaElementVisitor.visitCodeBlock(JavaElementVisitor.java:76)

       at com.intellij.psi.impl.source.tree.java.PsiCodeBlockImpl.accept(PsiCodeBlockImpl.java:23)

       at com.intellij.psi.impl.source.TreeWrapperPsiElement.acceptChildren(TreeWrapperPsiElement.java:70)

       at com.intellij.psi.PsiRecursiveElementVisitor.visitElement(PsiRecursiveElementVisitor.java:37)

       at com.intellij.psi.JavaElementVisitor.visitMethod(JavaElementVisitor.java:200)

       at com.intellij.psi.impl.source.PsiMethodImpl.accept(PsiMethodImpl.java:59)

       at com.intellij.psi.impl.source.TreeWrapperPsiElement.acceptChildren(TreeWrapperPsiElement.java:70)

       at com.intellij.psi.PsiRecursiveElementVisitor.visitElement(PsiRecursiveElementVisitor.java:37)

       at com.intellij.psi.JavaElementVisitor.visitClass(JavaElementVisitor.java:64)

       at com.intellij.psi.JavaElementVisitor.visitAnonymousClass(JavaElementVisitor.java:28)

       at com.intellij.psi.impl.source.PsiAnonymousClassImpl.accept(PsiAnonymousClassImpl.java:15)

       at com.intellij.psi.impl.source.tree.CompositePsiElement.acceptChildren(CompositePsiElement.java:96)

       at com.intellij.psi.PsiRecursiveElementVisitor.visitElement(PsiRecursiveElementVisitor.java:37)

       at com.intellij.psi.JavaElementVisitor.visitExpression(JavaElementVisitor.java:120)

       at com.intellij.psi.JavaElementVisitor.visitCallExpression(JavaElementVisitor.java:208)

       at com.intellij.psi.JavaElementVisitor.visitNewExpression(JavaElementVisitor.java:216)

       at com.holmbech.wicketassistant.WicketJavaIdCompletionData$WicketIdElementJavaVisitor.visitNewExpression(WicketJavaIdCompletionData.java:108)

       at com.intellij.psi.impl.source.tree.java.PsiNewExpressionImpl.accept(PsiNewExpressionImpl.java:88)

       at com.intellij.psi.impl.source.tree.CompositePsiElement.acceptChildren(CompositePsiElement.java:96)

       at com.intellij.psi.PsiRecursiveElementVisitor.visitElement(PsiRecursiveElementVisitor.java:37)

       at com.intellij.psi.JavaElementVisitor.visitExpression(JavaElementVisitor.java:120)

       at com.intellij.psi.JavaElementVisitor.visitArrayInitializerExpression(JavaElementVisitor.java:36)

       at com.intellij.psi.impl.source.tree.java.PsiArrayInitializerExpressionImpl.accept(PsiArrayInitializerExpressionImpl.java:38)

[...]

       at com.intellij.psi.JavaElementVisitor.visitVariable(JavaElementVisitor.java:336)

       at com.intellij.psi.JavaElementVisitor.visitLocalVariable(JavaElementVisitor.java:196)

       at com.intellij.psi.impl.source.tree.java.PsiLocalVariableImpl.accept(PsiLocalVariableImpl.java:46)

       at com.intellij.psi.impl.source.tree.CompositePsiElement.acceptChildren(CompositePsiElement.java:96)

       at com.intellij.psi.PsiRecursiveElementVisitor.visitElement(PsiRecursiveElementVisitor.java:37)

       at com.intellij.psi.JavaElementVisitor.visitStatement(JavaElementVisitor.java:292)

       at com.intellij.psi.JavaElementVisitor.visitDeclarationStatement(JavaElementVisitor.java:92)

       at com.intellij.psi.impl.source.tree.java.PsiDeclarationStatementImpl.accept(PsiDeclarationStatementImpl.java:16)

[...]

       at com.intellij.psi.impl.source.PsiClassImpl.accept(PsiClassImpl.java:353)

       at com.intellij.psi.impl.source.TreeWrapperPsiElement.acceptChildren(TreeWrapperPsiElement.java:70)

       at com.intellij.psi.PsiRecursiveElementVisitor.visitElement(PsiRecursiveElementVisitor.java:37)

       at com.intellij.psi.JavaElementVisitor.visitFile(JavaElementVisitor.java:140)

       at com.intellij.psi.JavaElementVisitor.visitJavaFile(JavaElementVisitor.java:348)

       at com.intellij.psi.impl.source.PsiJavaFileBaseImpl.accept(PsiJavaFileBaseImpl.java:127)

       at com.holmbech.wicketassistant.WicketJavaIdCompletionData$SimpleKeywordChooser.getKeywords(WicketJavaIdCompletionData.java:78)

       at com.intellij.codeInsight.completion.CompletionVariant.addKeywords(CompletionVariant.java:147)

       at com.intellij.codeInsight.completion.CompletionData.completeKeywordsBySet(CompletionData.java:49)

       at com.intellij.codeInsight.completion.CodeCompletionHandlerBase.getLookupData(CodeCompletionHandlerBase.java:65)

       at com.intellij.codeInsight.completion.CodeCompletionHandlerBase.invoke(CodeCompletionHandlerBase.java:52)

       at com.intellij.codeInsight.actions.CodeInsightAction$1$1.run(CodeInsightAction.java:41)

       at com.intellij.openapi.application.impl.ApplicationImpl$9.compute(ApplicationImpl.java:2)

       at com.intellij.psi.impl.source.PostprocessReformattingAspect.postponeFormattingInside(PostprocessReformattingAspect.java:107)

       at com.intellij.openapi.application.impl.ApplicationImpl.runWriteAction(ApplicationImpl.java:121)

       at com.intellij.codeInsight.actions.CodeInsightAction$1.run(CodeInsightAction.java:45)

       at com.intellij.openapi.command.impl.CommandProcessorImpl.executeCommand(CommandProcessorImpl.java:27)

       at com.intellij.openapi.command.impl.CommandProcessorImpl.executeCommand(CommandProcessorImpl.java:13)

       at com.intellij.codeInsight.actions.CodeInsightAction.actionPerformedImpl(CodeInsightAction.java:36)

       at com.intellij.codeInsight.completion.actions.CodeCompletionAction.actionPerformedImpl(CodeCompletionAction.java:2)

       at com.intellij.codeInsight.actions.CodeInsightAction.actionPerformed(CodeInsightAction.java:25)

       at com.intellij.openapi.keymap.impl.IdeKeyEventDispatcher.a(IdeKeyEventDispatcher.java:94)

       at com.intellij.openapi.keymap.impl.IdeKeyEventDispatcher.b(IdeKeyEventDispatcher.java:122)

       at com.intellij.openapi.keymap.impl.IdeKeyEventDispatcher.dispatchKeyEvent(IdeKeyEventDispatcher.java:173)

       at com.intellij.ide.IdeEventQueue.a(IdeEventQueue.java:113)

       at com.intellij.ide.IdeEventQueue.dispatchEvent(IdeEventQueue.java:184)

       at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:242)

       at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:163)

       at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:157)

       at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:149)

       at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:110)