Jakarta EE & javax.* namespace

All,

Last week Oracle and the Eclipse Foundation shared that they were
unable to reach an amicable agreement on the use of javax.* packages
by the Jakarta EE project.

The Jakarta EE project is the continuation of the Java EE
specifications board and would be responsible for publishing the Java
EE specifications in the future. With this disagreement, they have
stated that going forward, no changes are allowed in the javax.*
namespace and that any such modifications (and additions) should go
into jakarta.*

Today this does not have any influence on us, but in the near future
this will affect us an dwe should prepare plans for how to integrate
properly in the new world. This is of course mightily dependent on how
the Jakarta Servlet group intends to go forward and what their release
schedule is.

Does anyone have insight into the Jakarta Servlet group?
(https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/ee4j.servlet)

Re: Jakarta EE & javax.* namespace

As far as I understand from the talks in different mailing lists Servlet
5.0 may come with this change (e.g. Tomcat & Jetty 10.x).
Once Wicket decides to upgrade to Servlet 5.0 we will rename all
javax.servlet.* to jakarta.servlet.*, and all similar package renamings.
From what I hear some packages will stay as javax.**, e.g.
javax.transaction and this is perfectly fine as far as there are no
modifications to these classes made by non-Oracle, i.e. Eclipse Jakarta.