Live examples need updating

Hi!

A coworker told me that there's no example for ModalDialog, however,
the code is available. I went to look at our live examples, and there
are no live examples (yet?) for 9.x? And the version that is deployed
for 8.x is 8.4.0-SNAPSHOT. Which seem old given that we have 8.7.0 out
and about.

Now I don't know our infrastructure to update the examples and create
a new environment for 9.x examples, but I think it would be great to
show off our live examples even for master.

http://examples8x.wicket.apache.org/index.html -> 8.4.0-SNAPSHOT

http://examples9x.wicket.apache.org/index.html -> 404

Also, I noticed that the examples all run on http... Perhaps we should
move to https for them as well?

Re: Live examples need updating

Andrea Del Bene-3
Hi,

updating 8.x to latest version is quite simple. I can work on it later this
day. For 9.x i think we need some help from infra to make the corresponding
url visible.

Andrea Del Bene.
Apache Wicket committer.

Re: Live examples need updating

Andrea Del Bene-3
I forgot to say that the example infrastructure is based on docker. Martin
worked on it some time ago and you should find all details in the private
mailing list. I saved all the operative instructions locally so if you need
something just let me know.

Andrea Del Bene.
Apache Wicket committer.

Re: Live examples need updating

Andrea Del Bene-3
8.x has been updated to 8.7.0. I've also created a Docker image for
9.0.0-M4 on Bintray and a relative PR for infra team to create a new domain
for 9.x examples.

https://github.com/apache/infrastructure-puppet/pull/1708

Andrea.

--