Login page hangs after custom page-expired error page

Login page hangs after custom page-expired error page

sreed
A created my own PageExpiredErrorPage. There is a button that is
supposed to take the user to the login page so they can log in (similar
to the button on the default page-expired error page). /
/
When the user first opens the web site, they see a log in page with URL
/http://mydomain.com/rems/wicket/wicket/bookmarkable/com.mni.SignInPage?1/.
<http://192.168.33.20:9002/rems/wicket/wicket/bookmarkable/com.mni.SignInPage?1>

*Default PageExpiredErrorPage behavior*
After there is a page timeout and the /default /page-expired error page
opens, the "Return to home page" button on the default page expired
error page reports URL /
     http://mydomain.com/rems/wicket//.

When the user selects that button they go to the login page with address /

http://mydomain.com/rems/wicket/wicket/bookmarkable/com.mni.SignInPage?0
/*and it goes to the home page as expected/desired when the user logs in.*/

/*My custom page-expired error page behavior*/
/After there is a page timeout and the /custom /page-expired error page
opens, the "Return to home page" button on the default page expired
error page reports URL /
//http://mydomain.com/rems/wicket//

When the user selects that button they go to the login page with address
/
http://mydomain.com/rems/wicket/wicket/bookmarkable/com.mni.REMSPageExpiredPage#../..

/*and it hangs when the user logs in*/./

*custom page-expired error page HTML
*

*
Java:
*

    public class MyPageExpiredPage extends WebPage
    {
       public MyPageExpiredPage()
       {
         super();

         // link for home page btn
         // WebPage#homePageLink returns a BookmarkablePageLink
         add( homePageLink("homeLink"));

I would very much appreciate any assistance with this.
   Scott

Re: Login page hangs after custom page-expired error page

Bruno Borges
I think you must set your page as error page.

Make that change and try again.

*Bruno Borges*
(21) 7672-7099
*www.brunoborges.com*

On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 1:27 AM, Scott Reed <[hidden email]> wrote:

> A created my own PageExpiredErrorPage. There is a button that is supposed
> to take the user to the login page so they can log in (similar to the button
> on the default page-expired error page). /
> /
> When the user first opens the web site, they see a log in page with URL
> /http://mydomain.com/rems/**wicket/wicket/bookmarkable/**
> com.mni.SignInPage?1/<http://mydomain.com/rems/wicket/wicket/bookmarkable/com.mni.SignInPage?1/>.
> <http://192.168.33.20:9002/**rems/wicket/wicket/**bookmarkable/com.mni.**
> SignInPage?1<http://192.168.33.20:9002/rems/wicket/wicket/bookmarkable/com.mni.SignInPage?1>
> >

> *Default PageExpiredErrorPage behavior*
> After there is a page timeout and the /default /page-expired error page
> opens, the "Return to home page" button on the default page expired error
> page reports URL /
>    http://mydomain.com/rems/**wicket// <http://mydomain.com/rems/wicket//>
> .
>
> When the user selects that button they go to the login page with address /
>    http://mydomain.com/rems/**wicket/wicket/bookmarkable/**
> com.mni.SignInPage?0<http://mydomain.com/rems/wicket/wicket/bookmarkable/com.mni.SignInPage?0>
> /*and it goes to the home page as expected/desired when the user logs in.*/
>
> /*My custom page-expired error page behavior*/
> /After there is a page timeout and the /custom /page-expired error page
> opens, the "Return to home page" button on the default page expired error
> page reports URL /
> //http://mydomain.com/rems/**wicket// <http://mydomain.com/rems/wicket//>
>
> When the user selects that button they go to the login page with address
> /    http://mydomain.com/rems/**wicket/wicket/bookmarkable/**
> com.mni.REMSPageExpiredPage#..**/<http://mydomain.com/rems/wicket/wicket/bookmarkable/com.mni.REMSPageExpiredPage#../>..
>
> /*and it hangs when the user logs in*/./
>
> *custom page-expired error page HTML
> *

> *
> Java:
> *
>
>   public class MyPageExpiredPage extends WebPage
>   {
>      public MyPageExpiredPage()
>      {
>        super();
>
>        // link for home page btn
>        // WebPage#homePageLink returns a BookmarkablePageLink
>        add( homePageLink("homeLink"));
>      }
>   }
>
> I would very much appreciate any assistance with this.
>  Scott

Re: Login page hangs after custom page-expired error page

sreed
Thanks, Bruno. I added isErrorPage() just in case. The docs just say
"This can help the framework prevent infinite failure loops." That's
also not mentioned in Wicket in Action which says "creating an error
page is no different than creating a normal page."
   Scott

On 8/26/2011 9:15 AM, Bruno Borges wrote:

> I think you must set your page as error page.
>
> Make that change and try again.
>
> *Bruno Borges*
> (21) 7672-7099
> *www.brunoborges.com*
>

> On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 1:27 AM, Scott Reed<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>
>> A created my own PageExpiredErrorPage. There is a button that is supposed
>> to take the user to the login page so they can log in (similar to the button
>> on the default page-expired error page). /
>> /
>> When the user first opens the web site, they see a log in page with URL
>> /http://mydomain.com/rems/**wicket/wicket/bookmarkable/**
>> com.mni.SignInPage?1/<http://mydomain.com/rems/wicket/wicket/bookmarkable/com.mni.SignInPage?1/>.
>> <http://192.168.33.20:9002/**rems/wicket/wicket/**bookmarkable/com.mni.**
>> SignInPage?1<http://192.168.33.20:9002/rems/wicket/wicket/bookmarkable/com.mni.SignInPage?1>
>> *Default PageExpiredErrorPage behavior*
>> After there is a page timeout and the /default /page-expired error page
>> opens, the "Return to home page" button on the default page expired error
>> page reports URL /
>>     http://mydomain.com/rems/**wicket//<http://mydomain.com/rems/wicket//>
>> .
>>
>> When the user selects that button they go to the login page with address /
>>     http://mydomain.com/rems/**wicket/wicket/bookmarkable/**
>> com.mni.SignInPage?0<http://mydomain.com/rems/wicket/wicket/bookmarkable/com.mni.SignInPage?0>
>> /*and it goes to the home page as expected/desired when the user logs in.*/
>>
>> /*My custom page-expired error page behavior*/
>> /After there is a page timeout and the /custom /page-expired error page
>> opens, the "Return to home page" button on the default page expired error
>> page reports URL /
>> //http://mydomain.com/rems/**wicket//<http://mydomain.com/rems/wicket//>
>>
>> When the user selects that button they go to the login page with address
>> /    http://mydomain.com/rems/**wicket/wicket/bookmarkable/**
>> com.mni.REMSPageExpiredPage#..**/<http://mydomain.com/rems/wicket/wicket/bookmarkable/com.mni.REMSPageExpiredPage#../>..
>>
>> /*and it hangs when the user logs in*/./
>>
>> *custom page-expired error page HTML
>> *

>> *
>> Java:
>> *
>>
>>    public class MyPageExpiredPage extends WebPage
>>    {
>>       public MyPageExpiredPage()
>>       {
>>         super();
>>
>>         // link for home page btn
>>         // WebPage#homePageLink returns a BookmarkablePageLink
>>         add( homePageLink("homeLink"));
>>       }
>>    }
>>
>> I would very much appreciate any assistance with this.
>>   Scott

Re: Login page hangs after custom page-expired error page

Martin Grigorov-4
actually #isErrorPage() is not used in current 1.5, so WIA is correct

On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 6:15 PM, Scott Reed <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>>>
>>> /*and it hangs when the user logs in*/./
>>>
>>> *custom page-expired error page HTML
>>> *

>>> *
>>> Java:
>>> *
>>>
>>>   public class MyPageExpiredPage extends WebPage
>>>   {
>>>      public MyPageExpiredPage()
>>>      {
>>>        super();
>>>
>>>        // link for home page btn
>>>        // WebPage#homePageLink returns a BookmarkablePageLink
>>>        add( homePageLink("homeLink"));
>>>      }
>>>   }
>>>
>>> I would very much appreciate any assistance with this.
>>>  Scott

Re: Login page hangs after custom page-expired error page

Igor Vaynberg-2
can we remove it then?

-igor

On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 8:19 AM, Martin Grigorov <[hidden email]> wrote:

> actually #isErrorPage() is not used in current 1.5, so WIA is correct
>
> On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 6:15 PM, Scott Reed <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Thanks, Bruno. I added isErrorPage() just in case. The docs just say "This
>> can help the framework prevent infinite failure loops." That's also not
>> mentioned in Wicket in Action which says "creating an error page is no
>> different than creating a normal page."
>>  Scott
>>
>> On 8/26/2011 9:15 AM, Bruno Borges wrote:
>>>
>>> I think you must set your page as error page.
>>>
>>> Make that change and try again.
>>>
>>> *Bruno Borges*
>>> (21) 7672-7099
>>> *www.brunoborges.com*

> Martin Grigorov
> jWeekend
> Training, Consulting, Development
> http://jWeekend.com

Re: Login page hangs after custom page-expired error page

Martin Grigorov-4
for 1.6 - yes, I think. unless we find it useful for something

On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 6:54 PM, Igor Vaynberg <[hidden email]> wrote:

> can we remove it then?
>
> -igor
>
> On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 8:19 AM, Martin Grigorov <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> actually #isErrorPage() is not used in current 1.5, so WIA is correct
>>
>> On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 6:15 PM, Scott Reed <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Thanks, Bruno. I added isErrorPage() just in case. The docs just say "This
>>> can help the framework prevent infinite failure loops." That's also not
>>> mentioned in Wicket in Action which says "creating an error page is no
>>> different than creating a normal page."
>>>  Scott

>> Martin Grigorov
>> jWeekend
>> Training, Consulting, Development
>> http://jWeekend.com

Re: Login page hangs after custom page-expired error page

Bruno Borges
But still, why isn't Scott's case working?

*Bruno Borges*
(21) 7672-7099
*www.brunoborges.com*

On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 5:12 PM, Martin Grigorov <[hidden email]>wrote:

> for 1.6 - yes, I think. unless we find it useful for something
>
> On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 6:54 PM, Igor Vaynberg <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> > can we remove it then?
> >
> > -igor
> >
> > On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 8:19 AM, Martin Grigorov <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >> actually #isErrorPage() is not used in current 1.5, so WIA is correct

> "This

> supposed
> URL

> http://mydomain.com/rems/wicket/wicket/bookmarkable/com.mni.SignInPage?1/
> >.
> http://192.168.33.20:9002/**rems/wicket/wicket/**bookmarkable/com.mni.**

> http://192.168.33.20:9002/rems/wicket/wicket/bookmarkable/com.mni.SignInPage?1

> page
> error
> http://mydomain.com/rems/wicket//>

> address

> http://mydomain.com/rems/wicket/wicket/bookmarkable/com.mni.SignInPage?0>

> page
> error
> http://mydomain.com/rems/wicket//>

> address

> http://mydomain.com/rems/wicket/wicket/bookmarkable/com.mni.REMSPageExpiredPage#../
> >..

> >> --
> >> Martin Grigorov
> >> jWeekend
> >> Training, Consulting, Development
> >> http://jWeekend.com

> Martin Grigorov
> jWeekend
> Training, Consulting, Development
> http://jWeekend.com

Re: Login page hangs after custom page-expired error page

Martin Grigorov-4
I can't really understand the question/problem
The formatting is distracting and I miss the point :-/

On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 11:40 PM, Bruno Borges <[hidden email]> wrote:

> But still, why isn't Scott's case working?
>

> *Bruno Borges*
> (21) 7672-7099
> *www.brunoborges.com*
>

> On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 5:12 PM, Martin Grigorov <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
>> for 1.6 - yes, I think. unless we find it useful for something
>>
>> On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 6:54 PM, Igor Vaynberg <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>> > can we remove it then?
>> >
>> > -igor

>> "This

>> supposed
>> URL

>> http://mydomain.com/rems/wicket/wicket/bookmarkable/com.mni.SignInPage?1/
>> >.
>> http://192.168.33.20:9002/**rems/wicket/wicket/**bookmarkable/com.mni.**

>> http://192.168.33.20:9002/rems/wicket/wicket/bookmarkable/com.mni.SignInPage?1

>> page
>> error
>> http://mydomain.com/rems/wicket//>

>> address

>> http://mydomain.com/rems/wicket/wicket/bookmarkable/com.mni.SignInPage?0>

>> page
>> error
>> http://mydomain.com/rems/wicket//>

>> address

>> http://mydomain.com/rems/wicket/wicket/bookmarkable/com.mni.REMSPageExpiredPage#../
>> >..

>> Martin Grigorov
>> jWeekend
>> Training, Consulting, Development
>> http://jWeekend.com

Re: Login page hangs after custom page-expired error page

sreed
My apologies. I am reposting this without the distracting formatting.

I created my own PageExpiredErrorPage with a button that says "Return to
home page" and goes to the home page. Since we're using authorization
the user first goes to the login page so they can log in before going to
the home page. (That is how the button on the default page-expired error
page works.)

When the user first opens the web site, whether with the default or the
custom page-expired page, they see a log in page with URL

http://mydomain.com/rems/wicket/wicket/bookmarkable/com.mni.SignInPage?1.

Here is how the default PageExpiredErrorPage works:
After there is a page timeout and the default page-expired error page
opens, the "Return to home page" button on the default page expired
error page reports URL
     http://mydomain.com/rems/wicket/.
When the user selects that button they go to the login page with address

http://mydomain.com/rems/wicket/wicket/bookmarkable/com.mni.SignInPage?0
and it goes to the home page as expected/desired when the user logs in.

Here is how my custom page-expired error page works:
After there is a page timeout and the custom page-expired error page
opens, the "Return to home page" button on the default page expired
error page reports URL
     http://mydomain.com/rems/wicket/
When the user selects that button they go to the login page with address

http://mydomain.com/rems/wicket/wicket/bookmarkable/com.mni.REMSPageExpiredPage#../..
and it hangs when the user logs in.

My custom page-expired error page HTML

<h3>Page Expired</h3>

On 8/28/2011 6:58 AM, Martin Grigorov wrote:

> I can't really understand the question/problem
> The formatting is distracting and I miss the point :-/
>
> On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 11:40 PM, Bruno Borges<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>> But still, why isn't Scott's case working?
>>

>> *Bruno Borges*
>> (21) 7672-7099
>> *www.brunoborges.com*
>>

>> On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 5:12 PM, Martin Grigorov<[hidden email]>wrote:
>>
>>> for 1.6 - yes, I think. unless we find it useful for something

>>> "This

>>> supposed
>>> URL

>>> http://mydomain.com/rems/wicket/wicket/bookmarkable/com.mni.SignInPage?1/
>>> http://192.168.33.20:9002/**rems/wicket/wicket/**bookmarkable/com.mni.**
>>> http://192.168.33.20:9002/rems/wicket/wicket/bookmarkable/com.mni.SignInPage?1
>>> page
>>> error
>>> http://mydomain.com/rems/wicket//>

>>> address

>>> http://mydomain.com/rems/wicket/wicket/bookmarkable/com.mni.SignInPage?0>

>>> page
>>> error
>>> http://mydomain.com/rems/wicket//>
>>> address

>>> http://mydomain.com/rems/wicket/wicket/bookmarkable/com.mni.REMSPageExpiredPage#../

>>> --
>>> Martin Grigorov
>>> jWeekend
>>> Training, Consulting, Development
>>> http://jWeekend.com

Re: Login page hangs after custom page-expired error page

Martin Grigorov-4
Again the page flow is not very clear, but I'll try.

On Sun, Aug 28, 2011 at 5:55 PM, Scott Reed <[hidden email]> wrote:

> My apologies. I am reposting this without the distracting formatting.
>
> I created my own PageExpiredErrorPage with a button that says "Return to
> home page" and goes to the home page. Since we're using authorization the
> user first goes to the login page so they can log in before going to the
> home page. (That is how the button on the default page-expired error page
> works.)
>
> When the user first opens the web site, whether with the default or the
> custom page-expired page, they see a log in page with URL
>    http://mydomain.com/rems/wicket/wicket/bookmarkable/com.mni.SignInPage?1.
>
> Here is how the default PageExpiredErrorPage works:
> After there is a page timeout and the default page-expired error page opens,
> the "Return to home page" button on the default page expired error page
> reports URL
>    http://mydomain.com/rems/wicket/.
> When the user selects that button they go to the login page with address
>    http://mydomain.com/rems/wicket/wicket/bookmarkable/com.mni.SignInPage?0
> and it goes to the home page as expected/desired when the user logs in.
>
> Here is how my custom page-expired error page works:
> After there is a page timeout and the custom page-expired error page opens,
> the "Return to home page" button on the default page expired error page
> reports URL
>    http://mydomain.com/rems/wicket/
> When the user selects that button they go to the login page with address
>
>  http://mydomain.com/rems/wicket/wicket/bookmarkable/com.mni.REMSPageExpiredPage#../..
I expect here the Url to be ..../wicket/bookmarkable/com.mni.SignInPage
> and it hangs when the user logs in.
What do you mean by "it hangs after log in" ?
And why the url ends with "#../.."?

> My custom page-expired error page HTML

> <h3>Page Expired</h3>
>

> Java:
>
>    public class MyPageExpiredPage extends WebPage
>    {
>      public MyPageExpiredPage()
>      {
>        super();
>
>        // link for home page btn
>        // WebPage#homePageLink returns a BookmarkablePageLink
>        add( homePageLink("homeLink"));
>      }
>    }

Custom PageExpiredErrorPage is just
application.getApplicationSettings.setPageExpiredErrorPage(MyPage.class),
nothing more.
Since you have authentication enabled you have to make that page
reachable without authentication, just like SignInPage is reachable

Page expiration is not always the same as Session expiration. I see
that PageExpiredException javadoc is outdated in 1.5 and it doesn't
explain what is all about. I'll update it soon.

> On 8/28/2011 6:58 AM, Martin Grigorov wrote:
>>
>> I can't really understand the question/problem
>> The formatting is distracting and I miss the point :-/
>>
>> On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 11:40 PM, Bruno Borges<[hidden email]>
>>  wrote:
>>>
>>> But still, why isn't Scott's case working?
>>>

>>> *Bruno Borges*
>>> (21) 7672-7099
>>> *www.brunoborges.com*

Re: Login page hangs after custom page-expired error page

sreed
Sorry for the problems with flow. I have a very poor model for how it
all works and I'm not sure what's important and what isn't, so it
probably appears to everyone else just as muddled as it is for me.
Please continue to ask clarifying questions. My replies below.

On 8/28/2011 11:17 AM, Martin Grigorov wrote:

> Again the page flow is not very clear, but I'll try.
>
> On Sun, Aug 28, 2011 at 5:55 PM, Scott Reed<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>> My apologies. I am reposting this without the distracting formatting.
>>
>> I created my own PageExpiredErrorPage with a button that says "Return to
>> home page" and goes to the home page. Since we're using authorization the
>> user first goes to the login page so they can log in before going to the
>> home page. (That is how the button on the default page-expired error page
>> works.)
>>
>> When the user first opens the web site, whether with the default or the
>> custom page-expired page, they see a log in page with URL
>>     http://mydomain.com/rems/wicket/wicket/bookmarkable/com.mni.SignInPage?1.
>>
>> Here is how the default PageExpiredErrorPage works:
>> After there is a page timeout and the default page-expired error page opens,
>> the "Return to home page" button on the default page expired error page
>> reports URL
>>     http://mydomain.com/rems/wicket/.
>> When the user selects that button they go to the login page with address
>>     http://mydomain.com/rems/wicket/wicket/bookmarkable/com.mni.SignInPage?0
>> and it goes to the home page as expected/desired when the user logs in.
>>
>> Here is how my custom page-expired error page works:
>> After there is a page timeout and the custom page-expired error page opens,
>> the "Return to home page" button on the default page expired error page
>> reports URL
>>     http://mydomain.com/rems/wicket/
>> When the user selects that button they go to the login page with address
>>
>>   http://mydomain.com/rems/wicket/wicket/bookmarkable/com.mni.REMSPageExpiredPage#../..
> I expect here the Url to be ..../wicket/bookmarkable/com.mni.SignInPage
Yes, why isn't it the same as the default?
>> and it hangs when the user logs in.
> What do you mean by "it hangs after log in" ?
Sorry. By "hang" I mean that the home page displays but none of the
links work.
> And why the url ends with "#../.."?
I'd like to know this also.

>> My custom page-expired error page HTML

>> <h3>Page Expired</h3>
>>

>> Java:
>>
>>     public class MyPageExpiredPage extends WebPage
>>     {
>>       public MyPageExpiredPage()
>>       {
>>         super();
>>
>>         // link for home page btn
>>         // WebPage#homePageLink returns a BookmarkablePageLink
>>         add( homePageLink("homeLink"));
>>       }
>>     }
>>
> Custom PageExpiredErrorPage is just
> application.getApplicationSettings.setPageExpiredErrorPage(MyPage.class),
> nothing more.
> Since you have authentication enabled you have to make that page
> reachable without authentication, just like SignInPage is reachable
>
> Page expiration is not always the same as Session expiration. I see
> that PageExpiredException javadoc is outdated in 1.5 and it doesn't
> explain what is all about. I'll update it soon.
>>

>> On 8/28/2011 6:58 AM, Martin Grigorov wrote:
>>> I can't really understand the question/problem
>>> The formatting is distracting and I miss the point :-/

Re: Login page hangs after custom page-expired error page

Martin Grigorov-4
Can you create a mini appilication that reproduces the problem ?
This way it will be much easier to tell you what is wrong.

the change to update PageExpiredException javadoc