London Wicket Event - Tuesday, 7th August, 2007

London Wicket Event - Tuesday, 7th August, 2007

Cemal Bayramoglu
The first London Wicket Users Group went well; it was informative, interesting and entertaining.
Our generous hosts at Arclight Media took really good care of us and Matt Dudbridge rounded the evening off with a nice presentation about the impressive zoomf.com.
Alastair Maw's depth of knowledge was quite remarkable (and presumably still is). During his presentation he effortlessly demonstrated what he was telling us about by coding it in real time whilst also answering all sorts of questions comprehensively and with great clarity.
Attendees were not slow to express their thanks and how impressed they were with the presentations and, naturally, with Wicket.
So, perhaps we should do it again ... only this time, Al has offered to help attendees with their Wicket apps if they want to bring their laptops along!
If you are interested in coming along or if there are topics you'd like to talk about, or things you'd like someone else to talk about, contact us at the jWeekend.com site or reply on this thread.
It does appear that there is enough interest to make this a regular event, provisionally on the first Tuesday of every month.
Let us know how that sounds.
Cemal

Re: London Wicket Event - Tuesday, 7th August, 2007

Al Maw
jweekend wrote:
> The first London Wicket Users Group went well; it was informative,
> interesting and entertaining.
> Our generous hosts at Arclight Media took really good care of us and Matt
> Dudbridge rounded the evening off with a nice presentation about the
> impressive  http://zoomf.com zoomf.com .

Zoomf is coming on in leaps and bounds. ;-)
Very nice work from all your guys, Matt.

> Alastair Maw's depth of knowledge was quite remarkable (and presumably still
> is). During his presentation he effortlessly demonstrated what he was
> telling us about by coding it in real time whilst also answering all sorts
> of questions comprehensively and with great clarity.

Steady on. ;-)

> So, perhaps we should do it again ... only this time, Al has offered to help
> attendees with their Wicket apps if they want to bring their laptops along!

For more details on the format and requirements for this event, please
see http://londonwicket.org which I've just updated.

Best regards,

Al
--
Alastair Maw
Wicket-biased blog at http://herebebeasties.com

Re: London Wicket Event - Tuesday, 7th August, 2007

Cemal Bayramoglu
This has been posted to both the new and old wicket-user lists:
There are still places available for our next London Wicket Event on Tuesday evening (7 August).
These events are free (special thanks to ZOOMF.com for kindly hosting us), and anyone with an interest in Wicket is welcome. If our last meeting is anything to go by, it should be informative and interesting for anyone from total beginners to hard-core Wicket developers, architects, project managers and anyone looking to use Wicket for business or pleasure.
After a brief welcome and introduction, Al Maw has offered to help attendees with their Wicket issues so feel free to bring along your ideas/design/code and, if you like, your laptop too.
If you would like to give a short presentation this time or in the future, or have topic ideas you'd like to see covered, do let us know.
For details and registration see jWeekend.co.uk or londonwicket.org .
We hope you can join us.
Cemal
PS If there is enough interest, jWeekend will put together a Saturday (09:30-19:00), intensive "Introduction to Apache Wicket 1.3" course (starting in late August or mid September) for people looking for a jump start into Wicket. The material covered will include a healthy subset of our full 2 day weekend introduction courses, for people who can't put aside a whole weekend. Our site will have full details soon but if you have any comments, ideas or would like to register your interest, drop us a line at jWeekend.co.uk.

Al Maw wrote