Maintaining models and page's state when returning from external service.

Maintaining models and page's state when returning from external service.

Humakt83
Hey, I'm first time poster here and in dire need of suitable solution.

I have a mounted bookmarkable Wicket page which is using Ajax practically for each and every component that allows user input. The page has multiple panels that are shown or hidden depending on what the user has done. There are no other Wicket pages used with application. One such panel provides access to identification service provided by external non-Wicket web-application. After user identifies with the external service, the external service redirects the user back to this Wicket page with some parameters to process.

Question is, how I can preserve the page exactly as it was before user entered external identification service? Current situation now, is that the user returns from the external service and the page uses constructor which essentially resets all the components and the models including modelobjects.

I know I could manually put the modelobject into the session and use that during the construction of the page, but I'd rather avoid doing that if possible. How can I access the modelobject inside the Wicket's session without manually placing it there?