Mapper based on user-defined URLs

Bruno Borges
Hi all,

   I've digged into PackageMapper and CryptoMapper trying to achieve a
Mapper based on user defined URLs, but honestly, it is not easy (at least
for me).

   The goal is to provide access to pages in package com.mysite.profile
(pages: Guests, Messages, Wall, Home, etc) through a root path with user
name like:

http://mysite.com/${username}/Guests

And, one user may open as several tabs as he wants, each for different user.
Links should also be easily provided between pages beneath that path.

One workaround came to mind:

- loop through user database and mountPackage for each username

But this seems a little odd to do, so that's why I came to the list.

Anybody with a suggestion?

*Bruno Borges*
www.brunoborges.com.br
+55 21 76727099

Re: Mapper based on user-defined URLs

Igor Vaynberg-2
if you create a quickstart that people can play with you will get a
lot more responses...

-igor

On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 10:38 PM, Bruno Borges <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>   I've digged into PackageMapper and CryptoMapper trying to achieve a
> Mapper based on user defined URLs, but honestly, it is not easy (at least
> for me).
>
>   The goal is to provide access to pages in package com.mysite.profile
> (pages: Guests, Messages, Wall, Home, etc) through a root path with user
> name like:
>
> http://mysite.com/${username}/Guests
>
> And, one user may open as several tabs as he wants, each for different user.
> Links should also be easily provided between pages beneath that path.
>
> One workaround came to mind:
>
> - loop through user database and mountPackage for each username
>
> But this seems a little odd to do, so that's why I came to the list.
>
> Anybody with a suggestion?
>
> *Bruno Borges*
> www.brunoborges.com.br
> +55 21 76727099

Re: Mapper based on user-defined URLs

Bruno Borges
Attached a quickstart with this case working, but using Redirect to the real mountPackage.

Not exactly what I'm looking for...

Bruno Borges
www.brunoborges.com.br
+55 21 76727099

userurl.zip (41K) Download Attachment

Re: Mapper based on user-defined URLs

Bruno Borges
Attatched a version that works nicely. Although I haven't tested it yet with forms, ajax and other things.

This version translates nicely :
  ${profile}/Page ==> packageName/Page?username=${profile}

And vice-versa

But I still have to consider extra parameters and Wicket-related parameters.

So this thread remains open. :-) Feel free to contribute.

Bruno Borges
www.brunoborges.com.br
+55 21 76727099

userurl-working.zip (41K) Download Attachment

Re: Mapper based on user-defined URLs

Bruno Borges
Finalizing the ExtendedPackageMapper. Usage is as follows:

mount(new ExtendedPackageMapper("${username}/${group}", Info.class) {
List<String> VALID_USERS = Arrays.asList(new String[] { "foo",
"bar", "fizz", "buzz" });

@Override
protected boolean validateParameters(PageParameters parameters) {
String username = parameters.get("username").toString();
String group = parameters.get("group").toString();

return group.equals("admin") && VALID_USERS.contains(username);
}
});

Info.class is the default webpage for that package (in case user types only
"/fizz/admin");

*Bruno Borges*
www.brunoborges.com.br
+55 21 76727099

On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 3:56 AM, Bruno Borges <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Attatched a version that works nicely. Although I haven't tested it yet
> with forms, ajax and other things.
>
> This version translates nicely :
>   ${profile}/Page ==> packageName/Page?username=${profile}
>
> And vice-versa
>
> But I still have to consider extra parameters and Wicket-related
> parameters.
>
> So this thread remains open. :-) Feel free to contribute.
>
> *Bruno Borges*
> www.brunoborges.com.br
> +55 21 76727099
>

> On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 3:27 AM, Bruno Borges <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
>> Attached a quickstart with this case working, but using Redirect to the
>> real mountPackage.
>>
>> Not exactly what I'm looking for...
>>
>> *Bruno Borges*
>> www.brunoborges.com.br
>> +55 21 76727099
>>

>> On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 2:43 AM, Igor Vaynberg <[hidden email]>wrote:
>>
>>> if you create a quickstart that people can play with you will get a
>>> lot more responses...
>>>
>>> -igor

>>> least

>>> user

>>> user.

Re: Mapper based on user-defined URLs

Bruno Borges
Finished... But still, some optimization can be done.

https://github.com/wicketstuff/core/commit/1723badf342f0f65f811439736465bfc3bb70a2e

<https://github.com/wicketstuff/core/commit/1723badf342f0f65f811439736465bfc3bb70a2e>Any
help is welcome.

*Bruno Borges*
www.brunoborges.com.br
+55 21 76727099

On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 5:30 AM, Bruno Borges <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Finalizing the ExtendedPackageMapper. Usage is as follows:
>
> mount(new ExtendedPackageMapper("${username}/${group}", Info.class) {
>  List<String> VALID_USERS = Arrays.asList(new String[] { "foo",
> "bar", "fizz", "buzz" });
>
> @Override
> protected boolean validateParameters(PageParameters parameters) {
>  String username = parameters.get("username").toString();
> String group = parameters.get("group").toString();
>
> return group.equals("admin") && VALID_USERS.contains(username);
> }
>  });
>
> Info.class is the default webpage for that package (in case user types only
> "/fizz/admin");
>
> *Bruno Borges*
> www.brunoborges.com.br
> +55 21 76727099
>

> On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 3:56 AM, Bruno Borges <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
>> Attatched a version that works nicely. Although I haven't tested it yet
>> with forms, ajax and other things.
>>
>> This version translates nicely :
>>   ${profile}/Page ==> packageName/Page?username=${profile}
>>
>> And vice-versa
>>
>> But I still have to consider extra parameters and Wicket-related
>> parameters.
>>
>> So this thread remains open. :-) Feel free to contribute.
>>
>> *Bruno Borges*
>> www.brunoborges.com.br
>> +55 21 76727099
>>

>> On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 3:27 AM, Bruno Borges <[hidden email]>wrote:
>>
>>> Attached a quickstart with this case working, but using Redirect to the
>>> real mountPackage.
>>>
>>> Not exactly what I'm looking for...
>>>
>>> *Bruno Borges*
>>> www.brunoborges.com.br
>>> +55 21 76727099

Re: Mapper based on user-defined URLs

Igor Vaynberg-2
amazing how quickly you can help yourself once you have something to
play with :)

-igor

On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 2:23 AM, Bruno Borges <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Finished... But still, some optimization can be done.
>
> https://github.com/wicketstuff/core/commit/1723badf342f0f65f811439736465bfc3bb70a2e
>
> <https://github.com/wicketstuff/core/commit/1723badf342f0f65f811439736465bfc3bb70a2e>Any
> help is welcome.
>
> *Bruno Borges*
> www.brunoborges.com.br
> +55 21 76727099
>

> On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 5:30 AM, Bruno Borges <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
>> Finalizing the ExtendedPackageMapper. Usage is as follows:
>>
>> mount(new ExtendedPackageMapper("${username}/${group}", Info.class) {
>>  List<String> VALID_USERS = Arrays.asList(new String[] { "foo",
>> "bar", "fizz", "buzz" });
>>
>> @Override
>> protected boolean validateParameters(PageParameters parameters) {
>>  String username = parameters.get("username").toString();
>> String group = parameters.get("group").toString();
>>
>> return group.equals("admin") && VALID_USERS.contains(username);
>> }
>>  });
>>
>> Info.class is the default webpage for that package (in case user types only
>> "/fizz/admin");
>>
>> *Bruno Borges*
>> www.brunoborges.com.br
>> +55 21 76727099
>>

>> On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 3:56 AM, Bruno Borges <[hidden email]>wrote:
>>
>>> Attatched a version that works nicely. Although I haven't tested it yet
>>> with forms, ajax and other things.
>>>
>>> This version translates nicely :
>>>   ${profile}/Page ==> packageName/Page?username=${profile}
>>>
>>> And vice-versa
>>>
>>> But I still have to consider extra parameters and Wicket-related
>>> parameters.
>>>
>>> So this thread remains open. :-) Feel free to contribute.
>>>
>>> *Bruno Borges*
>>> www.brunoborges.com.br
>>> +55 21 76727099

Re: Mapper based on user-defined URLs

Bruno Borges
Indeed :)

Do you think its possible to add that to core?

[hidden email]>wrote:

[hidden email]>

list.

Re: Mapper based on user-defined URLs

Igor Vaynberg-2
only if it will replace the one that is there now. there is no point
to have two package mappers

-igor