MissingKeyMapError using wicketstuff-gmap3

MissingKeyMapError using wicketstuff-gmap3

Japponiglio
Hello guys,

I am using wicketstuff-gmap3 7.9.0 and I am trying to hack around a simple google maps example.
Following the (old) documentation here https://github.com/wicketstuff/core/wiki/Gmap3 I am adding the map to the html and to my simple Java page. The browser is then giving me back a warning about "Google Maps API warning: NoApiKeys https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/error-messages#no-api-keys" and, then, an error about "Google Maps API error: MissingKeyMapError https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/error-messages#missing-key-map-error".

I was actually expecting something like that!

In the documentation I am reading this: "Since version 3 the Google Maps API does not need an API-key anymore. Even though it is still supported by Google (for tracking) this component does NOT provide the possibility to pass a key at the moment".

Which is clearly wrong, at least right now.

So, it looks like there is no way of setting the key, so, am I wondering... is this project still maintained or working with respect to the 7.9.0 version of wicket?

Re: MissingKeyMapError using wicketstuff-gmap3

Japponiglio
This post was updated on .
I had a look at the implementation and I found out that thee is now another constructor that takes the key, good. I used that, and I see that in the rendered HTML page quite a lot of JS and HTML code about the map is injected but I see no map using different browsers. Any hints?

Re: MissingKeyMapError using wicketstuff-gmap3

Japponiglio
for some reason, it did not like the style of the wicket:id div set to 100%, not I have my map :)