Multi-instance pages (multiple windows)

VAUCHER Laurent
  I'd like to be able to open multiple instances of the same page in
distinct browser windows (or tabs) and have each one reacting as an
independant UI. I've tried the live demos and they clearly don't work
that way. Is it natively possible with Wicket? Do I have to implement a
state-saving strategy to do this?

  For comparison purposes, in JSF we do it by saving the UI state on the
client-side. It works but the pages tend to become very fat and I won't
even talk about pages with multiple forms. Do you have any idea of the
time when client-side state saving will be available for Wicket?

  An alternative but hand-coded approach, would be to store a 'ticket'
in the page and store the state on the server-side, but you have to
manage stale states and it should be the job of the framework...

  Thanks.

Laurent.

Re: Multi-instance pages (multiple windows)

There is some work done with Frames (which are also different pages, as far as Wicket is concerned).

I think the idea is to put those pages in a different pagemap.

On 1/5/06, VAUCHER Laurent <[hidden email]> wrote:
  I'd like to be able to open multiple instances of the same page in
distinct browser windows (or tabs) and have each one reacting as an
independant UI. I've tried the live demos and they clearly don't work
that way. Is it natively possible with Wicket? Do I have to implement a
state-saving strategy to do this?

  For comparison purposes, in JSF we do it by saving the UI state on the
client-side. It works but the pages tend to become very fat and I won't
even talk about pages with multiple forms. Do you have any idea of the
time when client-side state saving will be available for Wicket?

  An alternative but hand-coded approach, would be to store a 'ticket'
in the page and store the state on the server-side, but you have to
manage stale states and it should be the job of the framework...

  Thanks.

Laurent.

Living a wicket life...

Martijn Dashorst - http://www.jroller.com/page/dashorst