Tumblr carroussel works again...

By hosting the json data on a non-cookie encumbered environment I was
able to re-enable the built-with-wicket carroussel.

Also new background picture suitable for winter :-)

Re: Tumblr carroussel works again...

Tobias Soloschenko-4
Great! I am going to have a look at it, now. :-)

Thanks for fixing!

kind regards

Tobias

> Am 06.01.2019 um 23:14 schrieb Martijn Dashorst <[hidden email]>:
>
> By hosting the json data on a non-cookie encumbered environment I was
> able to re-enable the built-with-wicket carroussel.
>
> Also new background picture suitable for winter :-)
>
> Martijn

Re: Tumblr carroussel works again...

At  https://wicket.apache.org/ section "Projects Using Apache Wicket" still
has no carrousel for me.
I guess I have to accept the cookie of Tumblr but then it is not really
fixed, right ?

On Mon, Jan 7, 2019 at 12:14 AM Martijn Dashorst <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> By hosting the json data on a non-cookie encumbered environment I was
> able to re-enable the built-with-wicket carroussel.
>
> Also new background picture suitable for winter :-)
>
> Martijn

Re: Tumblr carroussel works again...

Private browser window does show the carrousel for me...

Martijn

Op ma 7 jan. 2019 om 08:36 schreef Martin Grigorov <[hidden email]>

> At  https://wicket.apache.org/ section "Projects Using Apache Wicket"
> still
> has no carrousel for me.
> I guess I have to accept the cookie of Tumblr but then it is not really
> fixed, right ?
>
> On Mon, Jan 7, 2019 at 12:14 AM Martijn Dashorst <
> [hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > By hosting the json data on a non-cookie encumbered environment I was
> > able to re-enable the built-with-wicket carroussel.
> >
> > Also new background picture suitable for winter :-)
> >
> > Martijn
> >
> > --
> > Become a Wicket expert, learn from the best: http://wicketinaction.com

Re: Tumblr carroussel works again...

Martin Grigorov-4
For me it does not work both in Chrome and Firefox.

The debugger does not stop at
    $.getJSON('https://dashorst.github.io/built-with-wicket/tumblr.json',
        function(response) {
            var posts = response.posts;  // HERE

otherwise the XHR response has these headers:
content-encoding: gzip
content-length: 7267
content-type: application/json; charset=utf-8
and there is a JSON body

Pasting the body in https://codebeautify.org/jsonviewer said that the
trailing ';' (...."tags":["wicket-6","submission"]}]};) causes the problem

On Mon, Jan 7, 2019 at 10:32 AM Martijn Dashorst <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Private browser window does show the carrousel for me...
>
> Martijn
>
> Op ma 7 jan. 2019 om 08:36 schreef Martin Grigorov <[hidden email]>
>
> > At  https://wicket.apache.org/ section "Projects Using Apache Wicket"
> > still
> > has no carrousel for me.
> > I guess I have to accept the cookie of Tumblr but then it is not really
> > fixed, right ?
> >
> > On Mon, Jan 7, 2019 at 12:14 AM Martijn Dashorst <
> > [hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > By hosting the json data on a non-cookie encumbered environment I was
> > > able to re-enable the built-with-wicket carroussel.
> > >
> > > Also new background picture suitable for winter :-)
> > >
> > > Martijn
> > >
> > > --
> > > Become a Wicket expert, learn from the best: http://wicketinaction.com

Re: Tumblr carroussel works again...

Ah,

Thanks for noticing that! The tumblr gives back a jsonp (var tumbl =
.... ;), so I removed the 'var tumbl = ' bit, but neglected to remove
the trailing semi colon

Should be fixed now!

Martijn

On Mon, Jan 7, 2019 at 9:43 AM Martin Grigorov <[hidden email]> wrote:

> For me it does not work both in Chrome and Firefox.
>
> The debugger does not stop at
>     $.getJSON('https://dashorst.github.io/built-with-wicket/tumblr.json',
>         function(response) {
>             var posts = response.posts;  // HERE
>
> otherwise the XHR response has these headers:
> content-encoding: gzip
> content-length: 7267
> content-type: application/json; charset=utf-8
> and there is a JSON body
>
> Pasting the body in https://codebeautify.org/jsonviewer said that the
> trailing ';' (...."tags":["wicket-6","submission"]}]};) causes the problem
>
> On Mon, Jan 7, 2019 at 10:32 AM Martijn Dashorst <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Private browser window does show the carrousel for me...
> >
> > Martijn
> >
> > Op ma 7 jan. 2019 om 08:36 schreef Martin Grigorov <[hidden email]>
> >
> > > At  https://wicket.apache.org/ section "Projects Using Apache Wicket"
> > > still
> > > has no carrousel for me.
> > > I guess I have to accept the cookie of Tumblr but then it is not really
> > > fixed, right ?
> > >
> > > On Mon, Jan 7, 2019 at 12:14 AM Martijn Dashorst <
> > > [hidden email]>

> > --
> > Become a Wicket expert, learn from the best: http://wicketinaction.com

Re: Tumblr carroussel works again...

Martin Grigorov-4
On Mon, Jan 7, 2019 at 11:14 AM Martijn Dashorst <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Ah,
>
> Thanks for noticing that! The tumblr gives back a jsonp (var tumbl =
> .... ;), so I removed the 'var tumbl = ' bit, but neglected to remove
> the trailing semi colon
>
> Should be fixed now!

Now it does! :-)

> Martijn
>
> On Mon, Jan 7, 2019 at 9:43 AM Martin Grigorov <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > For me it does not work both in Chrome and Firefox.
> >
> > The debugger does not stop at
> >     $.getJSON('https://dashorst.github.io/built-with-wicket/tumblr.json
> ',
> >         function(response) {
> >             var posts = response.posts;  // HERE
> >
> > otherwise the XHR response has these headers:
> > content-encoding: gzip
> > content-length: 7267
> > content-type: application/json; charset=utf-8
> > and there is a JSON body
> >
> > Pasting the body in https://codebeautify.org/jsonviewer said that the
> > trailing ';' (...."tags":["wicket-6","submission"]}]};) causes the
> problem
> >
> > On Mon, Jan 7, 2019 at 10:32 AM Martijn Dashorst <
> [hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Private browser window does show the carrousel for me...
> > >
> > > Martijn
> > >
> > > Op ma 7 jan. 2019 om 08:36 schreef Martin Grigorov <
> [hidden email]>

> Wicket"
> really

> was

> http://wicketinaction.com
> > > > >

> > > --
> > > Become a Wicket expert, learn from the best: http://wicketinaction.com

Re: Tumblr carroussel works again...

We do have to take care to upload a new tumblr.json every now and then.

Martijn