Twitter Bootstrap in Wicket

chrisco484
Is it possible/feasible to 'selectively' use the Twitter bootstrap in a
wicket app?

Scenario: our app serves many different clients. Some will want the
Twitter Bootstrap look and feel but others will be happy to use any
number of existing CSS/JS templates that we have created for them over
the years.

Currently we use a combination of Wicket variations and conditional
header injection to provide different look and feel for customers even
though they all use the same Wicket page classes.

Is it possible to use Twitter Bootstrap in the same way? i.e.
conditionally use it when rendering a page for one customer but not
using it when rendering that same page class for another customer?

Yours sincerely,

Chris Colman

Pagebloom Team Leader,
Step Ahead Software

Re: Twitter Bootstrap in Wicket

jeremy@wickettraining.com
On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 6:11 PM, Chris Colman
<[hidden email]>wrote:

> Is it possible/feasible to 'selectively' use the Twitter bootstrap in a
> wicket app?
>
> Scenario: our app serves many different clients. Some will want the
> Twitter Bootstrap look and feel but others will be happy to use any
> number of existing CSS/JS templates that we have created for them over
> the years.
>
> Currently we use a combination of Wicket variations and conditional
> header injection to provide different look and feel for customers even
> though they all use the same Wicket page classes.
>
> Is it possible to use Twitter Bootstrap in the same way? i.e.
> conditionally use it when rendering a page for one customer but not
> using it when rendering that same page class for another customer?

It sounds like you already have the system for this built.  Bootstrap is
just HTML and CSS, so keep doing what you were with the variations and
different header contributions.  Is there something else that you need?

--
Jeremy Thomerson
http://wickettraining.com
*Need a CMS for Wicket?  Use Brix! http://brixcms.org*

RE: Twitter Bootstrap in Wicket

chrisco484
>> Is it possible/feasible to 'selectively' use the Twitter bootstrap in
>> wicket app?
>>
>> Scenario: our app serves many different clients. Some will want the
>> Twitter Bootstrap look and feel but others will be happy to use any
>> number of existing CSS/JS templates that we have created for them
over
>> the years.
>>
>> Currently we use a combination of Wicket variations and conditional
>> header injection to provide different look and feel for customers
even
>> though they all use the same Wicket page classes.
>>
>> Is it possible to use Twitter Bootstrap in the same way? i.e.
>> conditionally use it when rendering a page for one customer but not
>> using it when rendering that same page class for another customer?
>

>It sounds like you already have the system for this built.  Bootstrap
is
>just HTML and CSS, so keep doing what you were with the variations and
>different header contributions.  Is there something else that you need?

Probably not. I guess because it's purely HTML and CSS then it should
fit in nicely with our existing HTML/CSS selection code.

>--
>Jeremy Thomerson
>http://wickettraining.com
>*Need a CMS for Wicket?  Use Brix! http://brixcms.org*

Re: Twitter Bootstrap in Wicket

Bruno Borges
You have to remove though some of the CSS IE conditionals from Twitter
bootstrap.

They are still not correctly processed by Wicket. :-(

*Bruno Borges*
(11) 99564-9058
*www.brunoborges.com*

On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 11:08 PM, Chris Colman <[hidden email]
> wrote:

> >> Is it possible/feasible to 'selectively' use the Twitter bootstrap in
> >> wicket app?
> >>
> >> Scenario: our app serves many different clients. Some will want the
> >> Twitter Bootstrap look and feel but others will be happy to use any
> >> number of existing CSS/JS templates that we have created for them
> over
> >> the years.
> >>
> >> Currently we use a combination of Wicket variations and conditional
> >> header injection to provide different look and feel for customers
> even
> >> though they all use the same Wicket page classes.
> >>
> >> Is it possible to use Twitter Bootstrap in the same way? i.e.
> >> conditionally use it when rendering a page for one customer but not
> >> using it when rendering that same page class for another customer?
> >

> >It sounds like you already have the system for this built.  Bootstrap
> is
> >just HTML and CSS, so keep doing what you were with the variations and
> >different header contributions.  Is there something else that you need?
>
> Probably not. I guess because it's purely HTML and CSS then it should
> fit in nicely with our existing HTML/CSS selection code.
>

> >--
> >Jeremy Thomerson
> >http://wickettraining.com
> >*Need a CMS for Wicket?  Use Brix! http://brixcms.org*

Re: Twitter Bootstrap in Wicket

Martin Grigorov-4
On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 5:14 AM, Bruno Borges <[hidden email]> wrote:
> You have to remove though some of the CSS IE conditionals from Twitter
> bootstrap.
>
> They are still not correctly processed by Wicket. :-(

No one else had such complaints so far. Me included.

> *Bruno Borges*
> (11) 99564-9058
> *www.brunoborges.com*

>> over

>> even

>> >It sounds like you already have the system for this built.  Bootstrap
>> is
>> >just HTML and CSS, so keep doing what you were with the variations and
>> >different header contributions.  Is there something else that you need?
>>
>> Probably not. I guess because it's purely HTML and CSS then it should
>> fit in nicely with our existing HTML/CSS selection code.
>>

>> >--
>> >Jeremy Thomerson
>> >http://wickettraining.com
>> >*Need a CMS for Wicket?  Use Brix! http://brixcms.org*

Re: Twitter Bootstrap in Wicket

Cedric Gatay
I guess you're talking about the first conditional comments in the markup
of HTML5 Boilerplate (
https://github.com/h5bp/html5-boilerplate/blob/master/index.html). Am I
right ?
__
Cedric Gatay
http://www.bloggure.info | http://cedric.gatay.fr |
@Cedric_Gatay<http://twitter.com/Cedric_Gatay>

On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 6:31 AM, Martin Grigorov <[hidden email]>wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 5:14 AM, Bruno Borges <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> > You have to remove though some of the CSS IE conditionals from Twitter
> > bootstrap.
> >
> > They are still not correctly processed by Wicket. :-(
>
> No one else had such complaints so far. Me included.
>

> > *Bruno Borges*
> > (11) 99564-9058
> > *www.brunoborges.com*
> >

> > On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 11:08 PM, Chris Colman <
> [hidden email]

> >> over

> >> even

> >> is
> >>
> >> Probably not. I guess because it's purely HTML and CSS then it should
> >> fit in nicely with our existing HTML/CSS selection code.

> Martin Grigorov
> jWeekend
> Training, Consulting, Development
> http://jWeekend.com

Re: Twitter Bootstrap in Wicket

Paul Szulc
check this out: https://github.com/decebals/wicket-bootstrap

On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 8:37 AM, Cedric Gatay <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I guess you're talking about the first conditional comments in the markup
> of HTML5 Boilerplate (
> https://github.com/h5bp/html5-boilerplate/blob/master/index.html). Am I
> right ?
> __
> Cedric Gatay
> http://www.bloggure.info | http://cedric.gatay.fr |
> @Cedric_Gatay<http://twitter.com/Cedric_Gatay>
>

> On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 6:31 AM, Martin Grigorov <[hidden email]
> >wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 5:14 AM, Bruno Borges <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> > > You have to remove though some of the CSS IE conditionals from Twitter
> > > bootstrap.
> > >
> > > They are still not correctly processed by Wicket. :-(
> >
> > No one else had such complaints so far. Me included.
> >

> > > *Bruno Borges*
> > > (11) 99564-9058
> > > *www.brunoborges.com*
> > >

> > > On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 11:08 PM, Chris Colman <
> > [hidden email]

> in

> and
> need?

> > --
> > Martin Grigorov
> > jWeekend
> > Training, Consulting, Development
> > http://jWeekend.com

Re: Twitter Bootstrap in Wicket

Gonzalo Aguilar Delgado-2
Hello Chris,

I can answer yes! But it's not working well for IE<9. It gave me big
headaches. For the rest of the navigators it ran well...

Here is a demo. You cannot login, sorry.

http://www1.seglan.com/remesas-movistar/remesas/login?0

I used several projects:

        Bootstrap:
        http://twitter.github.com/bootstrap/

        For the bar at the top:
http://tomaszdziurko.pl/2012/03/wicket-and-twitter-bootstrap-navbar/

        Not really related but usefull:

        I use dojo for the controls, not al but some:
http://dojotoolkit.org/
        And the links to wicket done by me:
                Examples:
http://wicket-dojo.level2crm.com/wicket-dojo-examples-1.6.0/
                Code: https://gitorious.org/wicket-dojo

        But you need controls integrate with bootstrap theme, so I used
also:

        For the themes: http://bootswatch.com/
        swatchmaker: for creation of new themes
        dbootstrap: for dojo integration of css

With everything it really works.

Want to take a look to:  https://github.com/decebals/wicket-bootstrap

Best regards,

El vie, 12-10-2012 a las 09:11 +1000, Chris Colman escribió:

> Is it possible/feasible to 'selectively' use the Twitter bootstrap in a
> wicket app?
>
> Scenario: our app serves many different clients. Some will want the
> Twitter Bootstrap look and feel but others will be happy to use any
> number of existing CSS/JS templates that we have created for them over
> the years.
>
> Currently we use a combination of Wicket variations and conditional
> header injection to provide different look and feel for customers even
> though they all use the same Wicket page classes.
>
> Is it possible to use Twitter Bootstrap in the same way? i.e.
> conditionally use it when rendering a page for one customer but not
> using it when rendering that same page class for another customer?
>

> Yours sincerely,
>
> Chris Colman
>
> Pagebloom Team Leader,
> Step Ahead Software

Re: Twitter Bootstrap in Wicket

Martin Grigorov-4
On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 6:40 PM, Gonzalo Aguilar Delgado
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello Chris,
>
> I can answer yes! But it's not working well for IE<9. It gave me big
> headaches. For the rest of the navigators it ran well...
>
> Here is a demo. You cannot login, sorry.
>
> http://www1.seglan.com/remesas-movistar/remesas/login?0
>
> I used several projects:
>

>         Bootstrap:
>         http://twitter.github.com/bootstrap/
>
>         For the bar at the top:
> http://tomaszdziurko.pl/2012/03/wicket-and-twitter-bootstrap-navbar/
>

>         Not really related but usefull:
>
>         I use dojo for the controls, not al but some:
> http://dojotoolkit.org/
>         And the links to wicket done by me:
>                 Examples:
> http://wicket-dojo.level2crm.com/wicket-dojo-examples-1.6.0/
>                 Code: https://gitorious.org/wicket-dojo
>
>         But you need controls integrate with bootstrap theme, so I used
> also:
>
>         For the themes: http://bootswatch.com/
>         swatchmaker: for creation of new themes
>         dbootstrap: for dojo integration of css
>

> With everything it really works.
>
> Want to take a look to:  https://github.com/decebals/wicket-bootstrap

The credit should go to:
https://github.com/l0rdn1kk0n/wicket-bootstrap where the development
of these components is done.

> Best regards,
>

> El vie, 12-10-2012 a las 09:11 +1000, Chris Colman escribió:
>
>> Is it possible/feasible to 'selectively' use the Twitter bootstrap in a
>> wicket app?
>>
>> Scenario: our app serves many different clients. Some will want the
>> Twitter Bootstrap look and feel but others will be happy to use any
>> number of existing CSS/JS templates that we have created for them over
>> the years.
>>
>> Currently we use a combination of Wicket variations and conditional
>> header injection to provide different look and feel for customers even
>> though they all use the same Wicket page classes.
>>
>> Is it possible to use Twitter Bootstrap in the same way? i.e.
>> conditionally use it when rendering a page for one customer but not
>> using it when rendering that same page class for another customer?
>>

>> Yours sincerely,
>>
>> Chris Colman
>>
>> Pagebloom Team Leader,
>> Step Ahead Software

RE: Twitter Bootstrap in Wicket

chrisco484
Thanks for that. I'm suddenly very motivated to migrate our code from Wicket 1.5 -> 1.6 just so that we can start using this stuff:

https://github.com/l0rdn1kk0n/wicket-bootstrap

Regards,
Chris