Wicket 1.5 - setResponsePage() - page still tries to render HTML before redirect

Wicket 1.5 - setResponsePage() - page still tries to render HTML before redirect

Geoff Hayman
In Wicket 1.4.X we used to do a setResponsePage() to a login page if the user tried to access main page before they logged in. None of the main page HTML was rendered. Now, in 1.5, we're getting component not found errors, e.g.:
Last cause: Unable to find component with id 'SettingsModalWindow' in [TransparentWebMarkupContainer [Component id = _wicket_extend2]]

The components were not added (and cannot be added) in the Java code because of the return statement. (See code fragment below)

So what changed? How do we stop Wicket 1.5 processing the HTML on the current page, if we have already specified a page redirect?

        if (!session.isSignedIn())
        {
            setResponsePage(SignInPage.class);
            return;
        }

        // Signed in State
        settingsModal = new JBModalWindow("SettingsModalWindow", "w_jb_black");

Thanks
Geoff