Wicket 6.1.0 release date

Papegaaij
Hi all, especially Martijn,

Martijn, you proposed to build 6.1.0 today. I know you probably won't
get to it today and I also think it's better to give people a few more
days to fix urgent tickets. 6.0.1 still has 2 major unresolved
tickets. Given the fact that everyone voted for 6.1.0 to be the next
release, we should probably close 6.0.1 and move all tickets from
6.0.1 to 6.1.0.

Does anyone object to a 6.1.0 release next week, let's say tuesday?
Martijn, if you do not have to time to do the release yourself,
perhaps you can help me do it?

Best regards,
Emond

Re: Wicket 6.1.0 release date

Bruno Borges
I'd like to have a 6.0.1 release, just because of wicket-cdi officialy on
its distribution.

*Bruno Borges*
(11) 99564-9058
*www.brunoborges.com*

On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 5:29 PM, Emond Papegaaij <[hidden email]
> wrote:

> Hi all, especially Martijn,
>
> Martijn, you proposed to build 6.1.0 today. I know you probably won't
> get to it today and I also think it's better to give people a few more
> days to fix urgent tickets. 6.0.1 still has 2 major unresolved
> tickets. Given the fact that everyone voted for 6.1.0 to be the next
> release, we should probably close 6.0.1 and move all tickets from
> 6.0.1 to 6.1.0.
>
> Does anyone object to a 6.1.0 release next week, let's say tuesday?
> Martijn, if you do not have to time to do the release yourself,
> perhaps you can help me do it?
>
> Best regards,
> Emond

Re: Wicket 6.1.0 release date

I just set several tickets to have Fix Version 6.1.0. I think they
deserve to be fixed before the next release.
Some of them are trivial and have either patches or proposed solutions.

On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 11:29 PM, Emond Papegaaij
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all, especially Martijn,
>
> Martijn, you proposed to build 6.1.0 today. I know you probably won't
> get to it today and I also think it's better to give people a few more
> days to fix urgent tickets. 6.0.1 still has 2 major unresolved
> tickets. Given the fact that everyone voted for 6.1.0 to be the next
> release, we should probably close 6.0.1 and move all tickets from
> 6.0.1 to 6.1.0.
>
> Does anyone object to a 6.1.0 release next week, let's say tuesday?
> Martijn, if you do not have to time to do the release yourself,
> perhaps you can help me do it?
>
> Best regards,
> Emond

Re: Wicket 6.1.0 release date

Emond Papegaaij
6.0.1, if released, cannot contain any new features, only bugfixes, as
dictated by semver. wicket-cdi will be part of 6.1.0.

Best regards,
Emond

On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 10:41 PM, Bruno Borges <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'd like to have a 6.0.1 release, just because of wicket-cdi officialy on
> its distribution.
>

> *Bruno Borges*
> (11) 99564-9058
> *www.brunoborges.com*
>

> On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 5:29 PM, Emond Papegaaij <[hidden email]
>> wrote:
>
>> Hi all, especially Martijn,
>>
>> Martijn, you proposed to build 6.1.0 today. I know you probably won't
>> get to it today and I also think it's better to give people a few more
>> days to fix urgent tickets. 6.0.1 still has 2 major unresolved
>> tickets. Given the fact that everyone voted for 6.1.0 to be the next
>> release, we should probably close 6.0.1 and move all tickets from
>> 6.0.1 to 6.1.0.
>>
>> Does anyone object to a 6.1.0 release next week, let's say tuesday?
>> Martijn, if you do not have to time to do the release yourself,
>> perhaps you can help me do it?
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Emond

Re: Wicket 6.1.0 release date

Bruno Borges
Well, can't tell that wicket-cdi is a "new feature" to Wicket, as it is a
separate module, and I don't think there are dependent changes on Wicket's
core.

We can run wicket 6.0.0 with wicket-cdi. The only issue here is that it is
in a different groupId (thanks Igor and 42lines).

So how about that?

*Bruno Borges*
(11) 99564-9058
*www.brunoborges.com*

On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 5:45 PM, Emond Papegaaij
<[hidden email]>wrote:

> 6.0.1, if released, cannot contain any new features, only bugfixes, as
> dictated by semver. wicket-cdi will be part of 6.1.0.
>
> Best regards,
> Emond
>
> On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 10:41 PM, Bruno Borges <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> > I'd like to have a 6.0.1 release, just because of wicket-cdi officialy on
> > its distribution.
> >

> > *Bruno Borges*
> > (11) 99564-9058
> > *www.brunoborges.com*
> >

> > On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 5:29 PM, Emond Papegaaij <
> [hidden email]
> >> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi all, especially Martijn,
> >>
> >> Martijn, you proposed to build 6.1.0 today. I know you probably won't
> >> get to it today and I also think it's better to give people a few more
> >> days to fix urgent tickets. 6.0.1 still has 2 major unresolved
> >> tickets. Given the fact that everyone voted for 6.1.0 to be the next
> >> release, we should probably close 6.0.1 and move all tickets from
> >> 6.0.1 to 6.1.0.
> >>
> >> Does anyone object to a 6.1.0 release next week, let's say tuesday?
> >> Martijn, if you do not have to time to do the release yourself,
> >> perhaps you can help me do it?
> >>
> >> Best regards,
> >> Emond

Re: Wicket 6.1.0 release date

Martin Grigorov-4
On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 11:51 PM, Bruno Borges <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Well, can't tell that wicket-cdi is a "new feature" to Wicket, as it is a
> separate module, and I don't think there are dependent changes on Wicket's
> core.
>
> We can run wicket 6.0.0 with wicket-cdi. The only issue here is that it is
> in a different groupId (thanks Igor and 42lines).
>
> So how about that?

The official org.apache.wicket:wicket-cdi module will be in 6.1.0.
Until then you can use net.ftlines:wicket-cdi with Wicket 1.5.x/6.0.0

> *Bruno Borges*
> (11) 99564-9058
> *www.brunoborges.com*
>

> On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 5:45 PM, Emond Papegaaij
> <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
>> 6.0.1, if released, cannot contain any new features, only bugfixes, as
>> dictated by semver. wicket-cdi will be part of 6.1.0.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Emond
>>
>> On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 10:41 PM, Bruno Borges <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>> > I'd like to have a 6.0.1 release, just because of wicket-cdi officialy on
>> > its distribution.
>> >

>> > *Bruno Borges*
>> > (11) 99564-9058
>> > *www.brunoborges.com*
>> >

>> > On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 5:29 PM, Emond Papegaaij <
>> [hidden email]

Re: Wicket 6.1.0 release date

Damn is it that time of the month already? I have to set me some alarms.

I have no problems postponing till monday or Tuesday. I do like to
release sooner than later though.

Martijn