Wicket 6 / Modal Dialogs and Safari

Geoff Hayman
In Wicket 6 using Safari, a modal dialog will not allow interactions with form components. The whole dialog always seems to be in "drag" mode. Click anyw here on the panel and the dialog will drag.

Interaction works fine with all other browsers.

Safari interaction works fine with previous Wicket release.

Is this a known issue? I have a QuickStart if needed.

Thanks
Geoff

Re: Wicket 6 / Modal Dialogs and Safari

Geoff Hayman

This issue can also be seen here:
http://www.wicket-library.com/wicket-examples-6.0.x/ajax/modal-window

Using Safari, the dialog appears to resize rather that select input fields

Re: Wicket 6 / Modal Dialogs and Safari

Geoff Hayman

I have a proposed fix - please let me know if I've analyzed the problem correctly.

The modal dialog tries to set event.ignore=true if the browser is Safari. This Wicket event data structure used to be passed through to Wicket.Drag.mouseDownHandler as the argument e. However, in the switch over to jQuery events the argument (e) passed to mouseDownHandler is no longer Wicket "event". It is now jQuery event data.

There is a test in mouseDownHandler to check for the existence of e.ignore. As this is now jQuery data, it _never_ exists, so Safari is never recognized.

I changed this test to check event.ignore and it appears to work correctly.

Patch file attached.

Fix_to_Wicket_6___Safari_modal_window_drag_issue.patch

Re: Wicket 6 / Modal Dialogs and Safari

Geoff Hayman

My apologies... the patch file was incomplete. This one supersedes the previous one

Fix_to_Wicket_6___Safari_modal_window_drag_issue1.patch

Re: Wicket 6 / Modal Dialogs and Safari

Please create a ticket at http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET
and attach the patch.
Thanks!