Wicket 6 migration (AbstractValidator has been removed)

Wicket 6 migration (AbstractValidator has been removed)

Ramin
Hi

I have three overriden methods from this class that I cannot find a replacement for. These methods are:

onValidate(IValidatable validatable)
variablesMap(IValidatable validatable)
resourceKey()

All the guide points out to is that AbstractValidator has been removed.

Many thanks
Ramin

Re: Wicket 6 migration (AbstractValidator has been removed)

hfriederichs
Same here.
What should you do? Implement an IValidor?

Regards

On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 5:11 PM, hfriederichs <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Same here.
> What should you do? Implement an IValidor?

AbstractValidator is still in Wicket 6.x but it is deprecated and removed
in Wicket 7.x

Another inconvenience that I recently found is that
AbstractValidator#resourceKey() method generated a key automatically for
you by using the validator's class simple name.
That was a convention until now.
In Wicket 7 this is no more the case :-/

> Regards

Re: Wicket 6 migration (AbstractValidator has been removed)

Andrea Del Bene-3
I've updated my guide removing AbstractValidator and reimplementing a
custom validator without this deprecated class. See paragraph 10.2.5

http://code.google.com/p/wicket-guide/