Wicket PDF Page Project?

Ayodeji Aladejebi
hi everyone,
Isnt it possible to capture the produced markup stream from wicket webpage
or component so that one can use the strategy demostrated here
http://today.java.net/pub/a/today/2007/06/26/generating-pdfs-with-flying-saucer-and-itext.html

to make a Wicketstuff PDF project just to make it easy to produce a PDF from
wicket without learning iText

I would love to work on this but i simply dont know if it is possible to
capture the HTML output from the standard Wicket API

Having this in mind, where do i begin or is there anyone working on any
stuff like this

regards

Re: Wicket PDF Page Project?

Eelco Hillenius
On 8/2/07, Ayodeji Aladejebi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> hi everyone,
> Isnt it possible to capture the produced markup stream from wicket webpage
> or component so that one can use the strategy demostrated here
> http://today.java.net/pub/a/today/2007/06/26/generating-pdfs-with-flying-saucer-and-itext.html
>
> to make a Wicketstuff PDF project just to make it easy to produce a PDF from
> wicket without learning iText
>
> I would love to work on this but i simply dont know if it is possible to
> capture the HTML output from the standard Wicket API
>
> Having this in mind, where do i begin or is there anyone working on any
> stuff like this

Hi,

Yeah, this should be possible for sure. There are several threads on
how to capture HTML output directly with Wicket. It's not perfect yet
as I understand it, but possible. See this thread:
http://www.nabble.com/How-to-get-HTML-source-code-from-a-wicket-page-p11265339.html

Eelco