Wicket starts incubation at Apache

The Wicket team is proud to announce that we are starting the process
of joining the Apache Software Foundation.

When projects first move to Apache, they are housed at the Apache
Incubator. The Incubator helps incoming projects migrate to the
vibrant Apache community. One of the primary goals of the incubator is
to ensure that the joining community is open, diverse and effective
meritocracy.

During Wicket's incubation we will resolve any issues regarding
license (in)compatibilities that might be present in our code. For
more information on the incubation process, please read the documents
found on the incubator website.

To facilitate our transition we have moved parts of our development
infrastructure to the Apache Incubator:

 o the subversion repository is now hosted at
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/wicket
 o the development mailing list is now provided by wicket-dev at
incubator.apache.org
 o the commit mailing list is now wicket-commits at incubator.apache.org
 o our bug tracking system is now hosted at
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET

Please join our incubating community at Apache by subscribing to the
Wicket development list. Send a message to:

    wicket-dev-subscribe at incubator.apache.org

and follow the instructions.

If you want to recieve commit messages from Wicket to track our
development, please send a message to

    wicket-commits-subscribe at incubator.apache.org

and follow the instructions.

When you need to file a bug report, a patch or a request for
enhancement (RFE), then please do so at our Apache JIRA installation:

    http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET

We are in the process of importing the contents of the sourceforge
trackers into our JIRA project space. This will loose some information
in the process, however we strive to keep as much information as
possible.

As always, have fun and thanks for your support using Wicket!

- the Wicket team

ps. apologies for the cross posting
--
Wicket starts incubation at Apache - http://incubator.apache.org/projects/wicket

Re: Wicket starts incubation at Apache

Paul Russell-5
Martijn,

On 15 Oct 2006, at 17:06, Martijn Dashorst wrote:
> The Wicket team is proud to announce that we are starting the process
> of joining the Apache Software Foundation.

Good news :)

> o our bug tracking system is now hosted at
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET

Presumably, existing issues will be migrated? Or should we be re-
raising them?

Thanks,

Paul

Re: Wicket starts incubation at Apache

Igor Vaynberg-2
i have looked into migrating the existing issues, but there doesnt seem to
be a good way to do it because of how jira works.

when you create an issue through any means - it is marked open. to
close/resolve it you need to invoke the appropriate workflow action on it
and there is no way to specify the date for the action - so all issues would
be marked as resolved/closed with the date of the import - which makes it
pretty useless.

what i can do is possibly migrate any issues that are still open - but the
process is still pretty unplesent. there are a few questions of how to
handle user accounts that are not already on asf - i can create them but
then there are questions of passwords, etc.

it might be quicker to import them by hand afaict, especially if users help.

if anyone has any suggestions im all ears. what we have from sf.net is a
nice xml export file - and i have written a parser for it. i got
connectivity to jira using both soap and jelly - but neither seems to do
what we want.

-Igor

On 15 Oct 2006, at 22:45, Igor Vaynberg wrote:
> [...]
> it might be quicker to import them by hand afaict, especially if
> users help.
> [...]

Okay, no worries -- I'll re-raise my 'issue' (actually just a patch)
tomorrow night UK time. Can't seem to see the SF issue tracker
anymore though, so re-raising other ones could be tricky!

Paul

Re: Wicket starts incubation at Apache

Upayavira
Igor Vaynberg wrote:

> i have looked into migrating the existing issues, but there doesnt seem to
> be a good way to do it because of how jira works.
>
> when you create an issue through any means - it is marked open. to
> close/resolve it you need to invoke the appropriate workflow action on it
> and there is no way to specify the date for the action - so all issues
> would
> be marked as resolved/closed with the date of the import - which makes it
> pretty useless.
>
> what i can do is possibly migrate any issues that are still open - but the
> process is still pretty unplesent. there are a few questions of how to
> handle user accounts that are not already on asf - i can create them but
> then there are questions of passwords, etc.
>
> it might be quicker to import them by hand afaict, especially if users
> help.
>
> if anyone has any suggestions im all ears. what we have from sf.net is a
> nice xml export file - and i have written a parser for it. i got
> connectivity to jira using both soap and jelly - but neither seems to do
> what we want.

igor, ask on infrastructure@. Jeff, who maintains ASF JIRA will probably
be listening and should be able to help (he works for Atlassian).

Regards, Upayavira

> On 10/15/06, Paul Russell <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Martijn,
>>
>> On 15 Oct 2006, at 17:06, Martijn Dashorst wrote:
>> > The Wicket team is proud to announce that we are starting the process
>> > of joining the Apache Software Foundation.
>>
>> Good news :)
>>
>> > o our bug tracking system is now hosted at
>> > http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET
>>
>> Presumably, existing issues will be migrated? Or should we be re-
>> raising them?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Paul

Re: Wicket starts incubation at Apache

Igor Vaynberg-2
good point. i will be happy to donate the parser to them if they would be
willing to build the import engine for sf.

-Igor