best search engine framework to use with wicket

best search engine framework to use with wicket

hariharansrc
can anyone suggest the best search engine framework for wicket

Re: best search engine framework to use with wicket

duesenklipper
On Sat, 16 Jul 2011 03:41:19 -0700 (PDT)
hariharansrc <[hidden email]> wrote:

> can anyone suggest the best search engine framework for wicket

Wicket doesn't really care what other frameworks you use beside it.
Wicket does nothing but the UI layer, and for everything else you can
use whatever you want. Use Hibernate or IBatis or JPA or whatever for
your DB access. Use Spring or Guice or whatever for your wiring. Use
Hibernate Search or Lucene or whatever for your searching.

Carl-Eric
www.wicketbuch.de

Re: best search engine framework to use with wicket

hariharansrc
But i need to integrate wicket  with that framework.For example, for lucene any archetypes are available
there for wicket lucene integration

Re: best search engine framework to use with wicket

Martin Makundi
Lucene is quite easy to integrate, you should go for it!

2011/7/16 hariharansrc <[hidden email]>:

> But i need to integrate wicket  with that framework.For example, for lucene
> any archetypes are available
> there for wicket lucene integration

Re: best search engine framework to use with wicket

hariharansrc
thanks, solr or lucene which i can prefer

Re: best search engine framework to use with wicket

Brian Topping
Carl-Eric and Martin are right, Wicket just stays out of the way with respect to other frameworks.  It's literally just the presentation engine and does an awesome job at it.

If you want something that is automatic in this regard, you might want to take a look at Brix (http://brixcms.org).  Instead of pages being stored on the classpath, they are stored in a document-oriented database service, the interfaces to which (JCR) are used by over a dozen large-scale content management systems.

In this way, your pages are easily modifiable by content authors without rebuilding the WAR, and it's also easier for Lucene to automatically index the content as it's changed.  Your content database must obviously be maintained with as much integrity as your transactional database and there are some additional configurations required for components, but otherwise it's just a regular Wicket application.

HTH, Brian

On Jul 16, 2011, at 6:58 AM, Carl-Eric Menzel wrote:

> On Sat, 16 Jul 2011 03:41:19 -0700 (PDT)
> hariharansrc <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> can anyone suggest the best search engine framework for wicket
>
> Wicket doesn't really care what other frameworks you use beside it.
> Wicket does nothing but the UI layer, and for everything else you can
> use whatever you want. Use Hibernate or IBatis or JPA or whatever for
> your DB access. Use Spring or Guice or whatever for your wiring. Use
> Hibernate Search or Lucene or whatever for your searching.
>
> Carl-Eric
> www.wicketbuch.de

Re: best search engine framework to use with wicket

hariharansrc
Thanks i keep in mind about using cms along with lucene

Re: best search engine framework to use with wicket

Peter Karich
 This is a bit mailinglist off topic but here are my suggestions ;)

Have a deep look into ElasticSearch:

http://www.elasticsearch.org/

Here is some code: wicket + guice + Elasticsearch:
http://karussell.wordpress.com/2011/02/07/get-started-with-elasticsearch/

I started with wicket and solr:
http://java.dzone.com/articles/twitter-search-jetwick-%E2%80%93

But then switched to elasticsearch:
http://karussell.wordpress.com/2011/02/07/why-jetwick-moved-from-solr-to-elasticsearch/

Now jetsli.de uses ElasticSearch and wicket ...

Here is how those search engines compare:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2271600/elasticsearch-sphinx-lucene-solr-xapian-which-fits-for-which-usage
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2856427/situations-to-prefer-apache-lucene-over-solr

Do not hesitate to ask further stuff directly via mail ;)

Kind Regards,
Peter.

> can anyone suggest the best search engine framework for wicket

http://jetsli.de News Reader 4 Geeks

Re: best search engine framework to use with wicket

hariharansrc
Thank you, Peter i'll keep your valuable suggestion in mind i am having another clarification i am having many wicket maven projects each one having a particular feature how to integrate them all.

RE: best search engine framework to use with wicket

chrisco484
We just use Nutch and let it crawl the site at the page level then it is
completely irrelevant how the data used to produce the pages is stored
or  retrieved.

Tingen_75
I also have just launched blog and want to promote it as it already has loads of content. I am considering paid Google and Facebook advertisement. So if you know about a good Google and Facebook Ads Campaign Management team, please let me know.