Quantcast

best way to do component feedback with ajax

best way to do component feedback with ajax

Erki
This post was updated on .
Hello,

What is the best way to do ajax validation with messages being showed next to the components?
I could just add ComponentFeedbackPanel-s in the page.java and then add the wicket panels to the page.html, but I want a better solution. The task of adding ComponentFeedbackPanel-s in the page and in the markup would be a very mechanical copy-paste task.

How do you do it?

edit:
I have gotten so far that I use panels.

Re: best way to do component feedback with ajax

Erki
ok i have found several ways to do it. But now i have problem when adding a CSS error class. There is an annoying problem with losing focus. When a user selects antoher field then he loses focus and has to select the field again. I attached an elcipse sample project.testing-focus.zip