changing the background color of link on performing onclick event

changing the background color of link on performing onclick event

raju.ch
Hi, I'm using wicket 1.4 and my site contains one Template which header,footer,hor.menu and it is common to all the pages now, my req is onclicking the hor menu item, i want to show the active link with some background.. I tried with a:active but it is not working as it is a common template to all the pages..Can any one help in doing this?..here is my Hor menu