empty form input after submit

Iamuser
Hello,
I'm using wicket 6
I have a page with 2 forms: form1 and form2.

Form2 is an input form. After I provide input values for the Form2 and submit, in Form1 a listView is populated with a row containing those values.
After each Form2 submit, Form2 is made invisible.

Now one field in a line from Form1 can be editable. When changed to a certain value and that value submitted, Form2 should be made visible again.

The problem is that Form2 is made visible with that edited lines values already present, but it should always appear as an input form with empty input fields.

Could you please indicate a solution?
Thank you

Re: empty form input after submit

Sven Meier
Seems like form2 is showing previous Raw input (which normally is cleared on successful submit) or it is holding to the previous Model object.

Hard to tell without seeing the code.

Regards
Sven

Am 31. Juli 2016, 10:55, um 10:55, Iamuser <[hidden email]> schrieb:

>Hello,
>I'm using wicket 6
>I have a page with 2 forms: form1 and form2.
>
>Form2 is an input form. After I provide input values for the Form2 and
>submit, in Form1 a listView is populated with a row containing those
>values.
>After each Form2 submit, Form2 is made invisible.
>
>Now one field in a line from Form1 can be editable. When changed to a
>certain value and that value submitted, Form2 should be made visible
>again.
>
>The problem is that Form2 is made visible with that edited lines values
>already present, but it should always appear as an input form with
>empty
>input fields.
>
>Could you please indicate a solution?
>Thank you

Re: empty form input after submit

Iamuser
Hello,
Here is the code:

//MyModel is the model for the bean used in both Form1 and Form2

final Form2 inputForm = new Form2("inputForm");
      inputForm.setOutputMarkupId(true);
add(inputForm);
        MyModel model = new MyModel();
final Form1 listForm = new Form1("listForm", new Model<MyModel>(model));
listForm.setOutputMarkupId(true);
add(listForm);

// the Form1 and Form2 classes
private class Form1 extends Form<MyModel> {

/**
*
*/

public Form1(String id, IModel<MyModel> listModel) {
super(id, listModel);
final LoadableDetachableModel<List<MyModel>> detachableMyModel = new LoadableDetachableModel<List<MyModel>>() {

protected List<MyModel> load() {
List<MyModel> lstMyModel = //get a list of MyModel
if (lstMyModel != null)
return lstMyModel;
else
return Collections.emptyList();
}
};

final WebMarkupContainer itemsContainer = new WebMarkupContainer("myModelItemsContainer");
itemsContainer.setOutputMarkupId(true);
add(itemsContainer);
final ListView<MyModel> listOfMyModel = new ListView<MyModel>("forEachItem", detachableMyModel) {

protected void populateItem(ListItem<MyModel> item) {
final MyModel lineItem = item.getModelObject();

Label lblNumber = new Label("number", lineItem.getNumber());
item.add(lblNumber);

Label lblAmount = new Label("amount", lineItem.getAmount());
item.add(lblAmount);
TextField<String> txtStatus = new TextField<String>("amount", new PropertyModel<MyModel>(lineItem, "status"));
item.add(txtStatus);
Button save = new Button("save") {
private static final long serialVersionUID = -6770575803451248943L;

@Override
public void onSubmit() {
//assign some values and do the save
}
};
item.add(save);
}
};
itemsContainer.add(listOfMyModel);
listOfMyModel.setOutputMarkupId(true);

//--------
private class Form2 extends Form<MyModel> {

/**
*
*/

private IModel<MyModel> getModelObject = new Model<MyModel> (new MyModel());
public InputForm(String id) {
super(id);
final WebMarkupContainer inputTableContainer = new WebMarkupContainer("tableInput") {
/**
*/

       public void onConfigure() {
boolean showInputForm = //check if it shout be shown or not
               setVisible(showInputForm);
       }
};
inputTableContainer.setOutputMarkupId(true);
TextField<String> inputNumber = new TextField<String>("inputNumber", new PropertyModel<String>(getModelObject, "number"));
inputTableContainer.add(inputNumber);
TextField<String> inputAmount = new TextField<Double>("inputAmount", new PropertyModel<Double>(getModelObject, "amount"));
inputTableContainer.add(inputAmount);

add(inputTableContainer);

public void onSubmit() {
logger.info("onSubmit Input Form");

getModelObject.getObject().setDateCreated(new Date());
getModelObject.getObject().setCreatedBy(1);
getModelObject.getObject().setStatus(1);

//do the insert

NAML

Re: empty form input after submit

Sven Meier
Hi,

Form2 is always working on the same model object.

You have to swap its model object once you select one from the list in
form1 - either by setting it into form2's model or by passing a model
into form2's constructor, so that you can change the contained model
object without having to notify form2 of it.

Have fun

Sven

http://apache-wicket.1842946.n4.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>

Re: empty form input after submit

Iamuser
Hello,
Could you please give me an example of that?
Thank you

On Sun, Jul 31, 2016 at 3:08 PM, Sven Meier [via Apache Wicket] <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

>> Regards
>> Sven
>>

>> Am 31. Juli 2016, 10:55, um 10:55, Iamuser <[hidden email]
>> <http:///user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=4675241&i=0>> schrieb:
>>

>>> Hello,
>>> I'm using wicket 6
>>> I have a page with 2 forms: form1 and form2.
>>>
>>> Form2 is an input form. After I provide input values for the Form2 and
>>> submit, in Form1 a listView is populated with a row containing those
>>> values.
>>> After each Form2 submit, Form2 is made invisible.
>>>
>>> Now one field in a line from Form1 can be editable. When changed to a
>>> certain value and that value submitted, Form2 should be made visible
>>> again.
>>>
>>> The problem is that Form2 is made visible with that edited lines values
>>> already present, but it should always appear as an input form with

http://apache-wicket.1842946.n4.nabble.com/empty-form-input-after-submit-tp4675240p4675243.html
To unsubscribe from empty form input after submit, click here.
NAML

Re: empty form input after submit

Iamuser
Hello,