Quantcast

help with use of BigDecimalConverter

mango-object
we have built our simple application with wicket and now getting into the more "advanced" stuff.

we have some money fields that we want to format to 2 decimal places. validation is already done. i am thinking we can use BigDecimalConverter but not sure how to start. here is our exisitng code

TextField inputField = new TextField<String>("edit");
inputField.setModel(fieldModel); // big decimal in our java object
add(inputField);

i thought i could do :
TextField inputField = new TextField("creditLimit", BigDecimal.class) {
    public IConverter getConverter()
    {
        return new BigDecimalConverter();
    }
};

but it says cannot override getConverter() - overriden method is final

can someone give me a hand? am i on the right track? is BigDecimalConverter the way to go? thank you