ie6 & HybridUrlCodingStrategy using ajax and an anchor results in a 404

ie6 & HybridUrlCodingStrategy using ajax and an anchor results in a 404

Thijs Vonk-2
I have the following setup:

* Page mounted using a HybridUrlCodingStrategy
* AjaxLink
* And an anchor to jump to a certain section of page.

When I jump to a section of the page using the anchor and then try to
use the ajaxlink the page is not found.
I've traced it down to IE6 appending the #anchor in the link. While
other browsers don't
So the requestUri in IE6 = "/home.0%23anchor"
and in other browsers it is "/home.0"

Is this a known issue or should I open a JIRA issue?

Thanks

Thijs

Re: ie6 & HybridUrlCodingStrategy using ajax and an anchor results in a 404

Igor Vaynberg-2
do we still have to wreck our brains thinking about how to support a
browser released in 2001?

-igor

On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 2:16 AM, Thijs<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have the following setup:
>
> * Page mounted using a HybridUrlCodingStrategy
> * AjaxLink
> * And an anchor to jump to a certain section of page.
>
> When I jump to a section of the page using the anchor and then try to use
> the ajaxlink the page is not found.
> I've traced it down to IE6 appending the #anchor in the link. While other
> browsers don't
> So the requestUri in IE6 = "/home.0%23anchor"
> and in other browsers it is "/home.0"
>
> Is this a known issue or should I open a JIRA issue?
>
> Thanks
>
> Thijs

Re: ie6 & HybridUrlCodingStrategy using ajax and an anchor results in a 404

Per Lundholm
No.

;-)

/Per

On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 5:02 PM, Igor Vaynberg<[hidden email]> wrote:

> do we still have to wreck our brains thinking about how to support a
> browser released in 2001?
>
> -igor
>
> On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 2:16 AM, Thijs<[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I have the following setup:
>>
>> * Page mounted using a HybridUrlCodingStrategy
>> * AjaxLink
>> * And an anchor to jump to a certain section of page.
>>
>> When I jump to a section of the page using the anchor and then try to use
>> the ajaxlink the page is not found.
>> I've traced it down to IE6 appending the #anchor in the link. While other
>> browsers don't
>> So the requestUri in IE6 = "/home.0%23anchor"
>> and in other browsers it is "/home.0"
>>
>> Is this a known issue or should I open a JIRA issue?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Thijs

Re: ie6 & HybridUrlCodingStrategy using ajax and an anchor results in a 404

Jörgen Persson-2
For what my 2 cents are worth, I think browser support should be based
on the popularity, not release date, of the browser.

If I were to run a business, and was chosing between web frameworks, I
certainly would not want to a quarter of my potential customers to have
problem viewing my website.

Look here for some stats (of course, this is only one source, I'm sure
you'll be able to find other stats showing other figures)
http://www.w3counter.com/globalstats.php

/Jörgen

Per Lundholm skrev:

> No.
>
> ;-)
>
> /Per
>
> On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 5:02 PM, Igor Vaynberg<[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> do we still have to wreck our brains thinking about how to support a
>> browser released in 2001?
>>
>> -igor
>>
>> On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 2:16 AM, Thijs<[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> I have the following setup:
>>>
>>> * Page mounted using a HybridUrlCodingStrategy
>>> * AjaxLink
>>> * And an anchor to jump to a certain section of page.
>>>
>>> When I jump to a section of the page using the anchor and then try to use
>>> the ajaxlink the page is not found.
>>> I've traced it down to IE6 appending the #anchor in the link. While other
>>> browsers don't
>>> So the requestUri in IE6 = "/home.0%23anchor"
>>> and in other browsers it is "/home.0"
>>>
>>> Is this a known issue or should I open a JIRA issue?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Thijs

Re: ie6 & HybridUrlCodingStrategy using ajax and an anchor results in a 404

Per Lundholm
Well, of course, you should know your users, I was joking.

Still, a rumour told me that Aftonbladet.se, a major newspaper site in
Sweden, is advising IE6 users to switch to something newer. On top of
their suggestion, FireFox.

/Per

On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 5:59 PM,
[hidden email]<[hidden email]> wrote:

> For what my 2 cents are worth, I think browser support should be based on
> the popularity, not release date, of the browser.
>
> If I were to run a business, and was chosing between web frameworks, I
> certainly would not want to a quarter of my potential customers to have
> problem viewing my website.
>
> Look here for some stats (of course, this is only one source, I'm sure
> you'll be able to find other stats showing other figures)
> http://www.w3counter.com/globalstats.php
>
> /Jörgen
>
> Per Lundholm skrev:
>>
>> No.
>>
>> ;-)
>>
>> /Per
>>
>> On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 5:02 PM, Igor Vaynberg<[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> do we still have to wreck our brains thinking about how to support a
>>> browser released in 2001?
>>>
>>> -igor

Re: ie6 & HybridUrlCodingStrategy using ajax and an anchor results in a 404

Thijs Vonk-2
He,  I'm on your side. And I think the designer is even more.

However the customer isn't :( They still have a 25 - 30% IE6 user base.
And with the system we're building that is a LOT of money...

If you don't want to fix it, where would I have look to fix it my self?
In WicketFilter.getRelativePath()?

Thijs

On 30-6-2009 17:02, Igor Vaynberg wrote:

> do we still have to wreck our brains thinking about how to support a
> browser released in 2001?
>
> -igor
>
> On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 2:16 AM, Thijs<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>
>> I have the following setup:
>>
>> * Page mounted using a HybridUrlCodingStrategy
>> * AjaxLink
>> * And an anchor to jump to a certain section of page.
>>
>> When I jump to a section of the page using the anchor and then try to use
>> the ajaxlink the page is not found.
>> I've traced it down to IE6 appending the #anchor in the link. While other
>> browsers don't
>> So the requestUri in IE6 = "/home.0%23anchor"
>> and in other browsers it is "/home.0"
>>
>> Is this a known issue or should I open a JIRA issue?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Thijs

Re: ie6 & HybridUrlCodingStrategy using ajax and an anchor results in a 404

Igor Vaynberg-2
you could just wrap a filter around wicket filter and remove any #foo
values from the end of a url.

-igor

On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 12:19 PM, Thijs<[hidden email]> wrote:

> He,  I'm on your side. And I think the designer is even more.
>
> However the customer isn't :( They still have a 25 - 30% IE6 user base. And
> with the system we're building that is a LOT of money...
>
> If you don't want to fix it, where would I have look to fix it my self?
> In WicketFilter.getRelativePath()?
>
> Thijs
>
> On 30-6-2009 17:02, Igor Vaynberg wrote:
>>
>> do we still have to wreck our brains thinking about how to support a
>> browser released in 2001?
>>
>> -igor
>>
>> On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 2:16 AM, Thijs<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>>

>>> I have the following setup:
>>>
>>> * Page mounted using a HybridUrlCodingStrategy
>>> * AjaxLink
>>> * And an anchor to jump to a certain section of page.
>>>
>>> When I jump to a section of the page using the anchor and then try to use
>>> the ajaxlink the page is not found.
>>> I've traced it down to IE6 appending the #anchor in the link. While other
>>> browsers don't
>>> So the requestUri in IE6 = "/home.0%23anchor"
>>> and in other browsers it is "/home.0"
>>>
>>> Is this a known issue or should I open a JIRA issue?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Thijs

Re: ie6 & HybridUrlCodingStrategy using ajax and an anchor results in a 404

Mathias Nilsson