is fvalidate still supported

karthikg
Hi All,

I'm looking to evaluate client side validation support in wicket.
<a onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)" href="http://www.peterbailey.net/fValidate/demo/" target="_blank">http://www.peterbailey.net/fValidate/demo/ seems to be down. I downloaded the wicket-contrib-fvalidate-1.0.jar . But I dont see any examples there.  Any idea what needs to be done now? Anybody has examples as to how to get this working? I have some form components to which I have attached validators and they work fine on the server. I want a similar support on the client side.

thanks,
karthik

Re: is fvalidate still supported

Martijn Dashorst-5
As long as the fValidate library is maintained by the original author,
we will support it (probably), but most likely, I expect client side
validation to move to the server using Ajax. Not that it is a good thing
persee.... but I think that will happen.

There is a CVS module wicket-contrib-fvalidate-examples in the wicket
stuff CVSROOT. Check that one out for examples.

Martijn