jqWicket or wiQuery

armandoxxx
hey guys need your opinion  which you preffer ... I've checked both and can't decide ... both wrap jQuery ui components ...
first use case i have is to create date range picker wicket component.

regards

Armando

Re: jqWicket or wiQuery

Bruno Borges
Why don't you implement your use case with both projects and decide which
one was easier/better?

*Bruno Borges*
(21) 7672-7099
*www.brunoborges.com*

On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 3:04 PM, armandoxxx <[hidden email]>wrote:

> hey guys need your opinion  which you preffer ... I've checked both and
> can't
> decide ... both wrap jQuery ui components ...
> first use case i have is to create date range picker wicket component.
>
> regards
>
> Armando

Re: jqWicket or wiQuery

armandoxxx
Hey ..

I've had a hope someone else allready did it .. so that's why I asked.

Regards

Armando

RE: jqWicket or wiQuery

chrisco484
Did I read somewhere recently that Wicket itself was starting to use
some of jQuery directly for some of its js? If the use of jQuery
directly by Wicket were to become more pervasive would that mean we
would not need a separate
jqWicket or wiQuery or is the Wicket library only using a small subset
of jQuery and not intending to expose the entire jQuery API?

Re: jqWicket or wiQuery

Martin Grigorov-4
On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 10:19 AM, Chris Colman
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Did I read somewhere recently that Wicket itself was starting to use
> some of jQuery directly for some of its js? If the use of jQuery
> directly by Wicket were to become more pervasive would that mean we
> would not need a separate
> jqWicket or wiQuery or is the Wicket library only using a small subset
> of jQuery and not intending to expose the entire jQuery API?
Wicket will use JQuery as a backing library for its wicket-ajax.js
initially. This involves - ajax, events, DOM manipulation.

Both Wiquery and jqWicket provide integration with JQuery UI, not plain JQuery.
Wicket core may provide some abstractions to make integrations with
JQuery UI at some later point.

mk

Re: jqWicket or wiQuery

mk
Martin Grigorov-4 wrote
Both Wiquery and jqWicket provide integration with JQuery UI, not plain JQuery.
Wicket core may provide some abstractions to make integrations with
JQuery UI at some later point.
JQWicket provides much more than only JQuery UI integration.
It delivers a collection of pre-implemented 3d-party jquery / jquery ui plugins and exposes
almost the entire jQuery API (see e.g. IJQStatement, Selector Builder API: http://code.google.com/p/jqwicket/wiki/FAQ)