Joshua Lim
Not sure if this is a intended ..

but I was trying to get my panel to contribute to the <body onload...> tag. saw that it is supported through the mailing list.
However, for my panel, if I didn't have <wicket:head> in myPanel.html, the <body onload=...> would not be added...
is this normal?

Josh

Re: <body onLoad=...> in Panel not added without wicket:head

jdonnerstag
Yes, that is intended. Reason: the onLoad attribute will reference
some javascript and that must be added to a header. And because the
Panel requires the onLoad AND the javascript it is natural to add the
javascript to the Panels header. Thus you are able to create
completely independent components which have all the information
required to properly execute. No need to remember that you have to add
a javascrpt reference to your Page. The Panel will handle it for you.

Juergen

On 1/5/06, Joshua Lim <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Not sure if this is a intended ..
>
>  but I was trying to get my panel to contribute to the <body onload...> tag.
> saw that it is supported through the mailing list.
>  However, for my panel, if I didn't have <wicket:head> in myPanel.html, the
>  is this normal?
>
>  Josh

Re: <body onLoad=...> in Panel not added without wicket:head

Nick Heudecker
I added this to the wiki.