menu or Drop Down w/ arbitrary HTML content?

menu or Drop Down w/ arbitrary HTML content?

Kirk Israel-2
(Trying not to let my preconceived notions about old school
HttpRequest/Response style apps and/or hand coded DHTML javascript
cloud my thinking, but it's not easy...)

Sometimes I find myself longing for a more comprehensive wicket
"cookbook"; wicket-examples starts to go down that road, but isn't as
comprehensive as I hoped.

There might be a CSS aspect to this question as well:

I'm trying to make a kind of menu panel that is usually hidden, but
contains arbitrary HTML (at least captions and checkboxes) and that
shows updirectly underneath a label. The panel would appear over any
HTML content beneath it, positioned under the label that the user
clicked on.

I've been browsing the usual suspects of wicket examples, I might not
be looking for the right keywords; "Popups" are usually the moral
equivalent of <a href="" target="_new">, "Dropdowns" usually refer to
HTML select-boxish things, and ModalWindow is close, but I actually
want clicking elsewhere to dismiss the dialog.

Also, what happened to http://www.wicket-library.com/ ?

Re: menu or Drop Down w/ arbitrary HTML content?

Eelco Hillenius
> (Trying not to let my preconceived notions about old school
> HttpRequest/Response style apps and/or hand coded DHTML javascript
> cloud my thinking, but it's not easy...)
>
> Sometimes I find myself longing for a more comprehensive wicket
> "cookbook"; wicket-examples starts to go down that road, but isn't as
> comprehensive as I hoped.
>
> There might be a CSS aspect to this question as well:
>
> I'm trying to make a kind of menu panel that is usually hidden, but
> contains arbitrary HTML (at least captions and checkboxes) and that
> shows updirectly underneath a label. The panel would appear over any
> HTML content beneath it, positioned under the label that the user
> clicked on.
>
> I've been browsing the usual suspects of wicket examples, I might not
> be looking for the right keywords; "Popups" are usually the moral
> equivalent of <a href="" target="_new">, "Dropdowns" usually refer to
> HTML select-boxish things, and ModalWindow is close, but I actually
> want clicking elsewhere to dismiss the dialog.

I think the best thing you can do is first find a good example and/ or
Javascript & CSS library that does this, and then see how you can wrap
that as a Wicket example.

> Also, what happened to http://www.wicket-library.com/ ?

http://wicketstuff.org/wicket13/

Eelco