"Dot" in DataTable Columnheader - not allowed?

"Dot" in DataTable Columnheader - not allowed?

Rain... Is wet!
Hi,
I just explored a strange behavior of the DataTable component in Wicket 1.5.4.

If a column header has a "." (dot) in it's name, the values of the cells belonging to to that column aren't rendered properly - they are rendered like empty cells.

For example:
If I do a SQL-Command like 'SELECT f.Value "f.val" FROM values', all cells in that column are rendered emtpy (but they are properly accessible through the DataProvider).
If I instead do a SQL-Command 'SELECT f.Value "fval" FROM values', everything works like a charm.

This problem seems to have nothing to do with the charset (its UTF-8), because other special-chars won't harm the rendering. Neither seems it to have to do with the DataProvider, because sorting and everything else worsk as suggested too (checked via Debugger).

Does anybody else ever seen this behavior or maybe has a clue on where to fix that instead of just not to use "dots" in column-headers?

Regards
  Rain... Is wet!
Never forget your umbrella ! In case You did, try to find a shelter ;)

Re: "Dot" in DataTable Columnheader - not allowed?

Rain... Is wet!
Some more info:
My DataProvider is using a Model of the type List<HashMap<String, Object>>, where list-index is acting as a table-row, the string is the name of a column and the object is the value of a cell.

Regards
  Rain... Is wet!
Never forget your umbrella ! In case You did, try to find a shelter ;)

Re: "Dot" in DataTable Columnheader - not allowed?

Create a quickstart and attach it to a ticket in Jira.

On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 8:31 AM, Rain... Is wet!
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Some more info:
> My DataProvider is using a Model of the type List<HashMap&lt;String,
> Object>>, where list-index is acting as a table-row, the string is the name
> of a column and the object is the value of a cell.
>
> Regards
>  Rain... Is wet!
>
> -----
> Never forget your umbrella ! In case You did, try to find a shelter ;)

Re: "Dot" in DataTable Columnheader - not allowed?

perhaps the dot is being interpreted as part of a path expression by a
property model somewhere... try using normal models instead.

-igor

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 11:31 PM, Rain... Is wet!
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Some more info:
> My DataProvider is using a Model of the type List<HashMap&lt;String,
> Object>>, where list-index is acting as a table-row, the string is the name
> of a column and the object is the value of a cell.
>
> Regards
>  Rain... Is wet!
>
> -----
> Never forget your umbrella ! In case You did, try to find a shelter ;)

Re: "Dot" in DataTable Columnheader - not allowed?

Rain... Is wet!
@Igor Vaynberg-2: I guess You're right.
The error is outgoing from the PropertyColumns used in the DataTable. Unfortunately we already extended the Datatable way too far to just switch to another Column-Type (it's the time factor). But we will (hopefuly) remember that cicumstance in our next project. For now it's goin fine with just abandoning dot's as column descriptors^^
Thank You anyway :)