release of new milestone of wicket 9..x?

release of new milestone of wicket 9..x?

Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro-4
Hi,

Any plans to release a new milestone of 9.x?

Regards - Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro

Re: release of new milestone of wicket 9..x?

Andrea Del Bene-3
Not yet. We are trying to prepare everything we need to roll out Wicket 9,
but it will take some times. What fix/feature do you need most from 9.x
branch? I see some of us still work on a new modal dialog, which is
something that would be "nice to have" in Wicket 9.

On Thu, Jul 11, 2019 at 7:41 AM Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro <

Andrea Del Bene.
Apache Wicket committer.

Re: release of new milestone of wicket 9..x?

Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro-4
Hi Andrea,

Thanks for your answer.

Main features I need are some deletion of duration that was rolled back to
deprecation (as our main development branch is on wicket 8.x) and I'm
keeping a parallel branch for 9.x and I want to minimize conflicts (even if
it is with deprecated code). Also some recently added improvements to auto
labels (and as far as I can see this could be also ported to 8.x).

Regards - Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro

Re: release of new milestone of wicket 9..x?

Andrea Del Bene-3
I 'd like to wait for some pending feature to be completed (like the new
modal) before proceeding with a new version. Let's see if they can be
done in the very next weeks. In the meantime you could try using the
snapshot version (9.0.0-M3-SNAPSHOT). This one contains already the
features you need.