setResponsePage() Not Working

Jeff Longland
I've been developing a Wicket app on GlassFish v2 and everything works
fine.  But when I deploy the application to our production server
which runs Sun Java App Server 7, setResponsePage() isn't working
properly.  What's particularly infuriating is that I can see in the
database that the request is being processed (new rows) but in the
browser the page isn't being redirected.  Does anyone have any
suggestions for troubleshooting this problem?  And no, I can't upgrade
the production server to a newer version or Jetty for that matter :(
Any help would be greatly appreciated as I need to get this app
running.

Thanks again,
Jeff

Re: setResponsePage() Not Working

Igor Vaynberg-2
turn the logging to debug level and look at the logs for any clues.

-igor

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 7:22 AM, Jeff Longland<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I've been developing a Wicket app on GlassFish v2 and everything works
> fine.  But when I deploy the application to our production server
> which runs Sun Java App Server 7, setResponsePage() isn't working
> properly.  What's particularly infuriating is that I can see in the
> database that the request is being processed (new rows) but in the
> browser the page isn't being redirected.  Does anyone have any
> suggestions for troubleshooting this problem?  And no, I can't upgrade
> the production server to a newer version or Jetty for that matter :(
> Any help would be greatly appreciated as I need to get this app
> running.
>
> Thanks again,
> Jeff

Re: setResponsePage() Not Working

Jeff Longland
Not much in the way of clues...  The ResultPage is being instantiated,
but instead of being rendered the HomePage is reloaded.  Everything is
fine on GlassFish v2..  but Sun Java App Server 7 = no dice.  I'm at a
loss for what to do next.

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 10:29 AM, Igor Vaynberg<[hidden email]> wrote:

> turn the logging to debug level and look at the logs for any clues.
>
> -igor
>
> On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 7:22 AM, Jeff Longland<[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I've been developing a Wicket app on GlassFish v2 and everything works
>> fine.  But when I deploy the application to our production server
>> which runs Sun Java App Server 7, setResponsePage() isn't working
>> properly.  What's particularly infuriating is that I can see in the
>> database that the request is being processed (new rows) but in the
>> browser the page isn't being redirected.  Does anyone have any
>> suggestions for troubleshooting this problem?  And no, I can't upgrade
>> the production server to a newer version or Jetty for that matter :(
>> Any help would be greatly appreciated as I need to get this app
>> running.
>>
>> Thanks again,
>> Jeff

Re: setResponsePage() Not Working

Igor Vaynberg-2
no clue either. wicket is just a filter, if it works in one container
it should work in them all. try a couple of other containers, maybe it
will help you to narrow the problem.

-igor

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 12:31 PM, Jeff Longland<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Not much in the way of clues...  The ResultPage is being instantiated,
> but instead of being rendered the HomePage is reloaded.  Everything is
> fine on GlassFish v2..  but Sun Java App Server 7 = no dice.  I'm at a
> loss for what to do next.
>
> On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 10:29 AM, Igor Vaynberg<[hidden email]> wrote:
>> turn the logging to debug level and look at the logs for any clues.
>>
>> -igor
>>
>> On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 7:22 AM, Jeff Longland<[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> I've been developing a Wicket app on GlassFish v2 and everything works
>>> fine.  But when I deploy the application to our production server
>>> which runs Sun Java App Server 7, setResponsePage() isn't working
>>> properly.  What's particularly infuriating is that I can see in the
>>> database that the request is being processed (new rows) but in the
>>> browser the page isn't being redirected.  Does anyone have any
>>> suggestions for troubleshooting this problem?  And no, I can't upgrade
>>> the production server to a newer version or Jetty for that matter :(
>>> Any help would be greatly appreciated as I need to get this app
>>> running.
>>>
>>> Thanks again,
>>> Jeff

Re: setResponsePage() Not Working

Aiszone
Hi,

Just a thought, could it be, that your session times out - so that the request get's a new sessionID and therefore is sendt to the homepage (which I assume is your normal start page for your wicket app).

Re: setResponsePage() Not Working

Jeff Longland
That's the thing that I can't seem to figure out.  The app works on
GlassFish v2 and Tomcat, but I'm having this problem on Sun Java App
Server 7.

As suggested in ##wicket, I switched from the wicket filter to the
wicket servlet - but I'm still having the problem where there are two
"?wicket" in the URL after onSubmit.  ex.
https://host/app/;jsessionid=24DE33C36DE4E699D304CD19573DDB31?wicket:?wicket:interface=:1::::
 I'm assuming this is what's causing the HomePage to be rendered even
though the ResultPage is being requested?

Anyone have any thoughts on why I'm getting two ?wicket params in the
URL?  This doesn't happen on either GlassFish or Tomcat.

Jeff

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 4:22 PM, Igor Vaynberg<[hidden email]> wrote:

> no clue either. wicket is just a filter, if it works in one container
> it should work in them all. try a couple of other containers, maybe it
> will help you to narrow the problem.
>
> -igor
>
> On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 12:31 PM, Jeff Longland<[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Not much in the way of clues...  The ResultPage is being instantiated,
>> but instead of being rendered the HomePage is reloaded.  Everything is
>> fine on GlassFish v2..  but Sun Java App Server 7 = no dice.  I'm at a
>> loss for what to do next.
>>
>> On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 10:29 AM, Igor Vaynberg<[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> turn the logging to debug level and look at the logs for any clues.
>>>
>>> -igor

Re: setResponsePage() Not Working

Per Lundholm
Don't know if I am making a fool of myself here but isn't the first
"?wicket" part of the jessionid?

The jsessionid is generated by the container, right? Try changing the
settings for that and see if something becomes different.

/Per

On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 3:28 AM, Jeff Longland <[hidden email]>wrote:

> That's the thing that I can't seem to figure out.  The app works on
> GlassFish v2 and Tomcat, but I'm having this problem on Sun Java App
> Server 7.
>
> As suggested in ##wicket, I switched from the wicket filter to the
> wicket servlet - but I'm still having the problem where there are two
> "?wicket" in the URL after onSubmit.  ex.
>
> https://host/app/;jsessionid=24DE33C36DE4E699D304CD19573DDB31?wicket:?wicket:interface=:1::
> ::
>  I'm assuming this is what's causing the HomePage to be rendered even
> though the ResultPage is being requested?
>
> Anyone have any thoughts on why I'm getting two ?wicket params in the
> URL?  This doesn't happen on either GlassFish or Tomcat.
>
> Jeff
>
> On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 4:22 PM, Igor Vaynberg<[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> > no clue either. wicket is just a filter, if it works in one container
> > it should work in them all. try a couple of other containers, maybe it
> > will help you to narrow the problem.
> >
> > -igor
> >
> > On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 12:31 PM, Jeff Longland<[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >> Not much in the way of clues...  The ResultPage is being instantiated,
> >> but instead of being rendered the HomePage is reloaded.  Everything is
> >> fine on GlassFish v2..  but Sun Java App Server 7 = no dice.  I'm at a
> >> loss for what to do next.

Re: setResponsePage() Not Working

Jeff Longland
It doesn't seem to be a session problem.  If I take off the first
?wicket: in the URL, it will correctly load the ResultPage - so the
session is still valid.  I'm continuing to scratch my head as to why
there are two ?wicket params in the URL...  Very frustrating.

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 4:32 PM, Aiszone<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just a thought, could it be, that your session times out - so that the
> request get's a new sessionID and therefore is sendt to the homepage (which
> I assume is your normal start page for your wicket app).

Re: setResponsePage() Not Working

Jeff Longland
In my quest to solve this problem, I'm mounting all my pages using
HybridUrlCodingStrategy to see if that will negate the extra ?wicket
param in the URL.  Worked fine on GlassFish, but as soon as I moved it
over to Sun App Server 7 I got:

Exception in rendering component: [MarkupContainer [Component id = stylesheet]]
        org.apache.wicket.WicketRuntimeException: Exception in rendering
component: [MarkupContainer [Component id = stylesheet]]
        at org.apache.wicket.Component.renderComponent(Component.java:2564)
        at org.apache.wicket.MarkupContainer.onRender(MarkupContainer.java:1504)
        at org.apache.wicket.Component.render(Component.java:2361)
        at org.apache.wicket.MarkupContainer.renderNext(MarkupContainer.java:1387)
        at org.apache.wicket.MarkupContainer.renderComponentTagBody(MarkupContainer.java:1569)
        at org.apache.wicket.MarkupContainer.onComponentTagBody(MarkupContainer.java:1493)
        at org.apache.wicket.markup.html.internal.HtmlHeaderContainer.onComponentTagBody(HtmlHeaderContainer.java:135)
        at org.apache.wicket.Component.renderComponent(Component.java:2525)
        at org.apache.wicket.MarkupContainer.onRender(MarkupContainer.java:1504)
        at org.apache.wicket.Component.render(Component.java:2361)
        at org.apache.wicket.MarkupContainer.autoAdd(MarkupContainer.java:232)
        at org.apache.wicket.markup.resolver.HtmlHeaderResolver.resolve(HtmlHeaderResolver.java:78)
        at org.apache.wicket.MarkupContainer.renderNext(MarkupContainer.java:1414)
        at org.apache.wicket.MarkupContainer.renderAll(MarkupContainer.java:1520)
        at org.apache.wicket.Page.onRender(Page.java:1502)
        at org.apache.wicket.Component.render(Component.java:2361)
        at org.apache.wicket.Page.renderPage(Page.java:906)
        at org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WebRequestCycle.redirectTo(WebRequestCycle.java:166)
        at org.apache.wicket.request.target.coding.HybridUrlCodingStrategy$HybridBookmarkablePageRequestTarget.respond(HybridUrlCodingStrategy.java:872)
        at org.apache.wicket.request.AbstractRequestCycleProcessor.respond(AbstractRequestCycleProcessor.java:104)
        at org.apache.wicket.RequestCycle.processEventsAndRespond(RequestCycle.java:1194)
        at org.apache.wicket.RequestCycle.step(RequestCycle.java:1265)
        at org.apache.wicket.RequestCycle.steps(RequestCycle.java:1366)
        at org.apache.wicket.RequestCycle.request(RequestCycle.java:498)
        at org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketFilter.doGet(WicketFilter.java:444)
        at org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketServlet.doGet(WicketServlet.java:137)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invokeServletService(StandardWrapperValve.java:720)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:309)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:505)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:212)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:505)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:203)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:505)
        at com.iplanet.ias.web.connector.nsapi.NSAPIProcessor.process(NSAPIProcessor.java:158)
        at com.iplanet.ias.web.WebContainer.service(WebContainer.java:598)
        Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
../../../../../../resources/ca.uwo.owl.gradeexport.PublicPage/style.css
        at com.iplanet.ias.web.connector.nsapi.NSAPIResponse.toAbsolute(NSAPIResponse.java:355)
        at com.iplanet.ias.web.connector.nsapi.NSAPIResponse.encodeURL(NSAPIResponse.java:423)
        at org.apache.catalina.connector.HttpResponseFacade.encodeURL(HttpResponseFacade.java:122
[11/Aug/2009:11:49:12] SEVERE (13977): )
        at org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WebResponse.encodeURL(WebResponse.java:146)
        at org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.request.WebRequestCodingStrategy.encode(WebRequestCodingStrategy.java:362)
        at org.apache.wicket.RequestCycle.encodeUrlFor(RequestCycle.java:761)
        at org.apache.wicket.RequestCycle.urlFor(RequestCycle.java:1034)
        at org.apache.wicket.RequestCycle.urlFor(RequestCycle.java:1003)
        at org.apache.wicket.Component.urlFor(Component.java:3258)
        at org.apache.wicket.markup.html.resources.PackagedResourceReference$1.getObject(PackagedResourceReference.java:103)
        at org.apache.wicket.markup.html.resources.PackagedResourceReference$1.getObject(PackagedResourceReference.java:89)
        at org.apache.wicket.AttributeModifier.getReplacementOrNull(AttributeModifier.java:378)
        at org.apache.wicket.AttributeModifier.replaceAttributeValue(AttributeModifier.java:280)
        at org.apache.wicket.AttributeModifier.onComponentTag(AttributeModifier.java:243)
        at org.apache.wicket.Component.renderComponentTag(Component.java:3901)
        at org.apache.wicket.Component.renderComponent(Component.java:2516)
        ... 36 more

Do I need to mount all my resources as well???

Any help would be much appreciated.

Jeff

On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 8:20 AM, Jeff Longland<[hidden email]> wrote:

> It doesn't seem to be a session problem.  If I take off the first
> ?wicket: in the URL, it will correctly load the ResultPage - so the
> session is still valid.  I'm continuing to scratch my head as to why
> there are two ?wicket params in the URL...  Very frustrating.
>
> On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 4:32 PM, Aiszone<[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Just a thought, could it be, that your session times out - so that the
>> request get's a new sessionID and therefore is sendt to the homepage (which
>> I assume is your normal start page for your wicket app).

Re: setResponsePage() Not Working

bferr
So it looks like it has a problem rendering your stylesheet in the header of the page.  The exception is really due to:

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
../../../../../../resources/ca.uwo.owl.gradeexport.PublicPage/style.css
        at com.iplanet.ias.web.connector.nsapi.NSAPIResponse.toAbsolute(NSAPIResponse.java:355)
        at com.iplanet.ias.web.connector.nsapi.NSAPIResponse.encodeURL(NSAPIResponse.java:423)
        at org.apache.catalina.connector.HttpResponseFacade.encodeURL(HttpResponseFacade.java:122
[11/Aug/2009:11:49:12] SEVERE (13977): )

Is that stylesheet on the ResultPage or the home page.  can you remove it?  can you load the style sheet with that path from the browser address bar?

Just some thoughts of things to try.

Jeff Longland-2 wrote

On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 8:20 AM, Jeff Longland<jeff.longland@gmail.com> wrote:
> It doesn't seem to be a session problem.  If I take off the first
> ?wicket: in the URL, it will correctly load the ResultPage - so the
> session is still valid.  I'm continuing to scratch my head as to why
> there are two ?wicket params in the URL...  Very frustrating.
>
> On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 4:32 PM, Aiszone<aiszone@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Just a thought, could it be, that your session times out - so that the
>> request get's a new sessionID and therefore is sendt to the homepage (which
>> I assume is your normal start page for your wicket app).

Re: setResponsePage() Not Working

Per Lundholm
You shouldn't need to mount anything. Did you try to reconfigure the app
server? Typically, "use cookies" instead of "url rewrite"+

On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 6:23 PM, Jeff Longland <[hidden email]>wrote:

> [...]
>        ... 36 more
>
> Do I need to mount all my resources as well???
>
> Any help would be much appreciated.
>
> Jeff
>
> On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 8:20 AM, Jeff Longland<[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> > It doesn't seem to be a session problem.  If I take off the first
> > ?wicket: in the URL, it will correctly load the ResultPage - so the
> > session is still valid.  I'm continuing to scratch my head as to why
> > there are two ?wicket params in the URL...  Very frustrating.
> >
> > On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 4:32 PM, Aiszone<[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Just a thought, could it be, that your session times out - so that the
> >> request get's a new sessionID and therefore is sendt to the homepage
> (which
> >> I assume is your normal start page for your wicket app).

Edward Zarecor-5
On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 12:23 PM, Jeff Longland <[hidden email]>wrote:

> In my quest to solve this problem, I'm mounting all my pages using
> HybridUrlCodingStrategy to see if that will negate the extra ?wicket
> param in the URL.  Worked fine on GlassFish, but as soon as I moved it
> over to Sun App Server 7 I got:

Have you tried creating the simplest possible quickstart, say, two pages,
one link and seeing if you can replicate the issue?  If you cannot, you'll
know it is something in your app.  If you can, you're 90 percent done
opening a Jira issue.  setResponsePage is so fundamental that it's hard to
believe it is the issue.

Ed.